Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is no poll right now.

I want to push a button anyways.
- 4 (40%)
I want to push a button too, but the other one is too mainstream.
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Cosmic Crossroads - SubStandard Employment(Turn 10)  (Read 14298 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: [5/5 - Full] Trans-Dimensional RTD
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »

Spoiler: Luckey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Na Shugareth (click to show/hide)
^^This was kinda different and I really enjoyed writing it. :)
Spoiler: Stuart Nix (click to show/hide)
^^ I have to apologize here. I really don't have much experience with writing boxing. I did some research, but I apologize if I made any mistakes.
Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Antonio (click to show/hide)
^^Again, my apologies. Iv'e never actualy played any of the Assassins creed games, so I might be hugely off on some of the dynamics. Sorry!

Entry rolls were as follows.
Luckey 3+3
Na Shugareth 6
Stuart Nix 3
Nivian 6
Antonio 1

The Reluctant Assassin, The Beaten Boxer, The Young Eldritch, The Human Machine, And one Damn lucky Basterd.

It is midday, and the “sun” burns hot over and endless expanse of desert sand. There is what looks like a highway out of the 21st century plowing through the middle of this desert. It is built on pylons, rising a few meters above the sand. The highway is empty, the burning hot tarmac stretching away endlessly into the horizon.
Nearby in the sand, there is an enormous green flash, and a collection of figures fall out into existence. One is dark and featureless man, with red eyes on the back of his hands. He looks down at a black shard in his hand, seemingly surprised to find something there. Another is a shirtless man on his back with cloth wrappings on his hand. He is covered in contusions, and bruises, and leaking blood from his face. He is struggling to remain conscious. Another figure is wearing a bulky bright yellow bio – suite, it is riddled with bullet holes. Despite this, the figure seems to be fine. Another figure is wearing Spanish cloths and completely unconscious. There is a glowing from the side of his neck, the same hue as the portal had. The glowing fades and leaves a strange and intricate black marking on his skin. Who knows what it could mean? The last figure to exit the portal is clad in American combat fatigues and clutching a M14 rifle. The man is most definitely dead. The four conscious members glance around at each other and their surroundings in confusion. Many smaller green flashes are echoing the biggest flash, and a collection of odd and seemingly unrelated objects fall from them. Just as the last of the flashes are dying out there is one last big flash and out pops a skinny looking guy sitting in a camping chair with a beer in one hand. He looks around for a second before breaking into a grin, and takes a swig from his beer.

On top of your chosen abilities, everyone gets one ability from the GM! yay!

Spoiler: GM fluff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:28:16 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 08:38:49 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 08:43:00 pm »

((Don't I get an extra +1 from my item? Not that it would really matter much on the intro, I don't think, but just for future reference.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 08:51:24 pm »

Umm. . . Wake up I guess

((I really like what you did with my intro. So looking forward to playing this!))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:53:31 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »

"Where da fug am I..."

Get up, follow the smell of beer and try to shake off the concussive feeling in my head.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:02 pm »

((Don't I get an extra +1 from my item? Not that it would really matter much on the intro, I don't think, but just for future reference.))
Luck dosent give you an automatic +1 per point. Rather, I roll for each point to see if you get a plus one. It applies in a lot more situations than the other stats, but won't replace the other stats during thier effect. For example, it might help you get a better situation for a random encounter, but it won't help you at all to fight that encounter.

Umm. . . Wake up I guess

Anything else you want to do? I was gonna have you wake up next turn anyways, so you can have an action too.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 10:46:14 pm »

In that case, yes

Quickly get up and ask where you are, and who these people are. Prepare to defend yourself if needed.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 10:49:34 pm »

((What if I fight by blindly swinging my fists? That would be luck, right?))

Finish my beer. Look for anything interesting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:52 am »

Spoiler: Random thoughts (click to show/hide)

(Awesome intro.)

The figure in the biosuit ascends to its feet. It does so with an incredibly unnatural motion, seemingly rising up as if a puppet on invisible strings. He... it or... it? It reaches toward its helmet, again as unnatural as such a motion as can be. The arms of the suit crumple up as they move, as if the suit was in fact hollow. The helmet comes off, and if a rational observer had not already guessed by now, it is empty. The suit contains nothing but a coarse dark mist that glitters in the morning sun.

"Hthrlrgl..." the figure struggles to put out anything meaningful. Physically, most of Nivian was fine. The virtual neuron connections severed by those bullet wounds, on the other hand, did irreparable damage to her memory, which was not yet backed up into redundant sectors. The conglomeration looked for figments of the past to base its mannerisms on, but most of the written texts were gone, and so far as experiences went, the debacle on the research station was deemed a non-representative sample of human culture.
The only works that came to mind were snippets of a certain legend...

"Art ye..." croaks the mass of sentient nanobots, slowly escaping its shell. "...human?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 04:06:46 am »

"Ah..."

The dark faceless man looked up toward the sky, letting every ounces of his body feel the warmth of this foreign sun.
The bliss of existing. The gratitude of being oneself.
The cold and rough feel of the ground. The gentle and fresh strokes of the wind.
Fragrances unknown, new sensations...
He took it all, enjoying everything.

(This is my beginning.) thought Na Shugareth, respectfully mourning the world that saw him rise.

He then looked at the other figures. Human-like forms, intelligent beings. Until then he only whispered the song of Shugareth, never getting to learn about these fascinating beings of mind so easily corruptible.
A being attracted his attention more than the others. A figure in a shell he never saw before, a creature even the eldritch didn't know of.

Palpate the figure in a biosuit [Nivian]. Feel the structure, the temperature, the hardness... All while asking :
"Fascinating, what are you ?"

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:08:49 am by Nakéen »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 04:26:27 am »

"Art ye..." croaks the mass of sentient nanobots, slowly escaping its shell. "...human?"

"Right now I'm bloody well buggered, thanks for asking, hnggrrh.  What're you meant to be, mate?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 12:30:11 pm »

The figure starts to pour out of the suit like sand. Recalling images and descriptions, it grows a face resembling a woman's, its body climbing up out of the ground and wrapping itself in mists not unlike a dress.

"Not one of ye, I suppose. Ye doth talk funny."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 01:04:48 pm »

Waitlist Character here:
Spoiler: The Scientist (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - Thank God he dosent have tentacles!
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »

Spoiler: Random thoughts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ThoughtsOnThoughts (click to show/hide)

The boxer

"Where da fug am I..."

Get up, follow the smell of beer and try to shake off the concussive feeling in my head.
(6) You get up, your head spinning. Apparently you weren’t hurt as bad as you thought you were. “Did I.. did I win?” You say to no one in particular. You grab the skinny guys beer and finish off the second half. “Thanks buddy. I needed that.

The Assassin

In that case, yes

Quickly get up and ask where you are, and who these people are. Prepare to defend yourself if needed.
The Spaniard starts awake, and with a cry he leaps to his feet to defend himself! A moment later, he realizes that was a really bad idea as he falls over in the sand clutching his head. It felt like he had caught the Irish flu, but it had been Irish smallpox and he had died, and his last rights had been with vodka instead of holy water. Somebody turn the damn sun off, please. Whatever he had in mind when he stepped through the portal, it was not this.

The Gambler

((What if I fight by blindly swinging my fists? That would be luck, right?))

Finish my beer. Look for anything interesting.

((Nope, reflex and strength. Luck might affect other things that would help you in combat though. Like, they might trip over a rock when they try to attack you, or thier gun might jam at inconvenient times.))

Luckey takes another swig off his beer, but before he can drink anymore the half dead looking guy without a shirt takes is and drains the rest in one swig. "Thanks buddy." he says "I needed that". Well.. at least it looks like he has a friend. Luckey looks around at the collection of things that had fallen out with them.
(8 ) There are eight things on the ground around here that look usable. (1 + 2) Three of these are near enough that lucky can examine them without getting up. (2) Hot damn, there's another beer in the sand here. Today is a good day. (6) This thing here looks like a glove covered in these glowey pulsey crystal thingys. (1) That's a cow pie. eww.

The Human AI

The figure in the biosuit ascends to its feet. It does so with an incredibly unnatural motion, seemingly rising up as if a puppet on invisible strings. He... it or... it? It reaches toward its helmet, again as unnatural as such a motion as can be. The arms of the suit crumple up as they move, as if the suit was in fact hollow. The helmet comes off, and if a rational observer had not already guessed by now, it is empty. The suit contains nothing but a coarse dark mist that glitters in the morning sun.
"Hthrlrgl..." the figure struggles to put out anything meaningful. Physically, most of Nivian was fine. The virtual neuron connections severed by those bullet wounds, on the other hand, did irreparable damage to her memory, which was not yet backed up into redundant sectors. The conglomeration looked for figments of the past to base its mannerisms on, but most of the written texts were gone, and so far as experiences went, the debacle on the research station was deemed a non-representative sample of human culture.
The only works that came to mind were snippets of a certain legend...
You do the thing and say the stuff.
Most of the humans ignore you, but the shirtless guy turns towards you, tossing an empty beer bottle into the sand. "Right now I'm bloody well buggered, thanks for asking, hnggrrh.  What're you meant to be, mate?"
"Not one of ye, I suppose. Ye doth talk funny." Stranglely though, you do feel rather human. Whatever happened in the portal changed you more than you thought.
The nonhuman thing is getting kinda handsey though. Is this… embracement?

The Touchy Feely Eldritch

"Ah..."

The dark faceless man looked up toward the sky, letting every ounces of his body feel the warmth of this foreign sun.
The bliss of existing. The gratitude of being oneself.
The cold and rough feel of the ground. The gentle and fresh strokes of the wind.
Fragrances unknown, new sensations...
He took it all, enjoying everything.

(This is my beginning.) thought Na Shugareth, respectfully mourning the world that saw him rise.

He then looked at the other figures. Human-like forms, intelligent beings. Until then he only whispered the song of Shugareth, never getting to learn about these fascinating beings of mind so easily corruptible.
A being attracted his attention more than the others. A figure in a shell he never saw before, a creature even the eldritch didn't know of.

Palpate the figure in a biosuit [Nivian]. Feel the structure, the temperature, the hardness... All while asking :
"Fascinating, what are you ?"

Palpate the figure  ??? ok then.
Na Shugareth looks around, admiring the differences in this new world. Enjoying his existence. Seeing the variety of other things around him he realises something. The portal; it was not a tunnel, but a funnel.  All of them were drawn from different points, different worlds, to this one place. Fascinating. Instinctivly, he puts the shard in his hand onto his chest, and it seems to sink in and weld itself there, a dark iridescent heart.

All the creatures around him are interesting, surely with all thier own stories, but one is more so than the rest. It is something... new. He is sure of it. He walks over and without even asking permission puts his hand into the middle of its mass, admiring the way the matter parts around him. It is not one thing, but many, he concludes. The mist begins to coalesce into a form, starting with the legs at the bottom. He grabs these too, noting the firmness and sub structure that is forming. It is cool to the touch, unlike other living things that burn with tissue and energy. He touches the odd cylinder that has embedded itself in the now forming belly. This is warm. The energy is here. Such order and division of labor, so much more efficient than traditional life.
The figure is finished forming now. It has taken the shape of a young woman. Some of the nanites are flashing red, apparently a proximity alert he has set off. There appears to be some sort of error, as these red nanites are located below the eyes, where as his hands are only just above the stomach. Still, he decides he had best introduce himself first, if he is setting off alarms. "You are fascinating. What are you?" he asks.

Story

The figures began to talk amongst themselves, taking thier bearings. In the distance, a dust cloud has appeared and is racing towards the group. Several shapes can be seen moving in the dust cloud. Whatever it is, it will be on you next turn.

((Until you have a bag or something you can only have one item in your inventory. (Your starting item never takes up an inventory space though))

((So i'm thinking of changing the name, because Trans-Dimensional RTD seems kinda flat. Give me some suggestions!))
((KiwiOui, you are second on waitlist))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - Thank God he dosent have tentacles!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 02:03:40 pm »

Try getting up again. Slower this time.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9