Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is no poll right now.

I want to push a button anyways.
- 4 (40%)
I want to push a button too, but the other one is too mainstream.
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Cosmic Crossroads - SubStandard Employment(Turn 10)  (Read 14310 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - Thank God he dosent have tentacles!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 02:18:31 pm »

Get the beer. Offer the Shiny glove to my new friend. He looks like a glove wearing type of guy. Subconciously use my luck to end up in a beneficial situation.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:10:31 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »

"Hm.  Looks a bit fancy for my taste, but thank ye.  Appreciate it."

Try on shiny glove on whichever hand its made for.  Try to see what the hell's coming towards us.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 06:42:12 pm »

Na Shugareth suddenly stops the body inspection and back off a few steps. For some reason he didn't understand, his senses warned him of incoming danger and social discrepancy. Was that what beings of mind called feeling... inappropriate ?

"Marvelous ! This coldness, this shape, this feel... This uneasiness swelling in my chest and glimpses of instinct turmoiling inside !"

He felt amazed by the wide range of answers his body gave to various stimuli.
"I am Shu... No, Na Shugareth. O you creature of exquisite shape and origin, you are stirring my interest. A name, do you have a name ?"

Afterward he glanced at the incoming cloud. His skin shivered. Why ? He realized he had no idea of what these figures hidden in the dust were. Instead, his imagination attempted to give form to these, attempting to shape the unknown to predict what one could not see. A chill ran down his spine... Thrill. The thrill of the unknown.

He wanted to know what these beings were. He wanted to know so much.

Carefully inspect the incoming shapes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 11:46:30 pm »

Nivian does not appreciate the examination, but nonetheless takes it upon herself to take on an identity and at least try to feign confidence. She lets out a few more words in broken English, all the while coalescing into a form that's convincingly human, but with mist-like hair and a dress that flows like feathers in the wind.
"I'd be Nivianne, learned in the mystic arts am I,"

Nivian isn't exactly familiar with deserts, but the dust cloud could purportedly be another of her kind. Who would know. Look closer.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - Desert Storm
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 02:28:41 pm »

Update

Look closer.
Carefully inspect the incoming shapes.

The two of you stand side by side, glad for the sudden distraction from an otherwise awkward moment. You attempt to inspect the incoming things... and succeed! Probably because they are right in front of you now. Everyone can see them. Err... maybe you should have been preparing instead?

Get the beer. Offer the Shiny glove to my new friend. He looks like a glove wearing type of guy. Subconsciously use my luck to end up in a beneficial situation.
((Well look at that. I completely forgot we had a boxer in the group!))
You now have a cold beer! You hand the glove to your new friend, who is eyeing your beer with envy. You get the feeling he would rather have that than the glove.

"Hm.  Looks a bit fancy for my taste, but thank ye.  Appreciate it."

Try on shiny glove on whichever hand it's made for.  Try to see what the hell's coming towards us.

You accept the glove from your new friend, eyeing his beer. Lucky bastard. The glove is made for your right (dominant) hand, and is roughly the right size, but it has too many fingers and is just a little awkward because of that. You put it on and can feel the energy surging through it. Though it certainly feels powerful, you get the feeling it would be even more so if it fit better.
(acquired an "Ill fitting crystal glove")
You take a defensive stance as the things surround you.
Try getting up again. Slower this time.
You get up again. This time you are much more stable. The effects of the portal are fading quickly. The oncoming things surround your group, and you take a defensive stance. Your hidden blades are ready to spring at a moment's notice.

A variety of heterogeneous crafts and creatures surround your group. One of them looks like a pod-racer thing, one central frame tethered to two floating pods. Another is a horse with what looks like robotic legs. Another is a mad max style dune buggy, complete with spikes and a burning flag on top. Mostly they are manned by humans, but a few oddities move among them. You see one humanoid with dark chitin under desert rags. Another creature hangs from the rigging of a small land ship with freakishly long arms. The crafts are made of a variety of Unique and esoteric parts, but they are all held together with frames of bronze and copper. A few figures dismount and approach your group, and the rest of the ships continue moving in a slow circle around you.

A man approaches you. He is clad in dry colored rags and a red bandana covers his mouth. He carries what looks like a large flintlock pistol with a strange array of electronics rigged to it strapped to his waist. Two creatures have disembarked with him. One is an incredibly tall and thin figure with glowing violet eyes. His skin is dark and leathery, and he dosent wear cloths. Beside him stands a short, brown haired woman in jeans and a T-shirt. She carries a worn looking notebook and is taking note of the other items on the ground. A man with a large backpack collects the things after she takes note of them. You all mentally cringe as he picks up the M14 from the dead soldier. A missed opportunity. (There are no longer any objects on the ground near you.)

"Well well" says the man, pulling off his bandana. "Looks like you fellows ended up in the middle of my claim."
 (Fortuitous Coincidence) He notices luckey holding a beer, and flashes him a grin. "There's a man what's got his priorities straight. You got another one on you?"

There are (5) crafts surrounding you.
There are (5) humans and (3) other creatures manning the crafts. (This includes those that have disembarked)

((Until you have a bag or something you can only have one item in your inventory. (Your starting item never takes up an inventory space though))
Spoiler: Luckey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Na Shugareth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuart Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antonio (click to show/hide)

((So i'm thinking of changing the name, because Trans-Dimensional RTD seems kinda flat. Give me some suggestions!))
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:32:58 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 03:24:41 pm »

"No sir, but you're welcome to this one. Consider it an apology for showing up in your claim. Folks call me Lucky. Would you be able to tell us where we are? This don't look like the trailer park."

Talky stuff. Give the man the beer.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

Say nothing, let new friend do the talking, stare down anyone who looks me in the eye.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 03:56:34 pm »

My name is Antonio Valdez. What might yours be?

Act cool. Don't provoke them

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:43:02 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

Ripples of the sealed memories within him helped Na Shugareth grasp the situation. He didn't peer further, feeling a slight headache as he tried.
(Curious humanoids. Weapons using principles undiscovered whence I came... I reckon they are scavengers ? Those abounds everywhere, how uninteresting. And slightly... disappointing.)

The dark man had yet another epiphany, and started excitedly mumbling to himself :
"Ooooh, disappointment, disappointment... This feeling of expectations breaking like fragile glass, the realization it is gone forever... Unpleasant, so unpleasant."

He seemed dejected. Well, having no facial expression it was rather hard for other to see it.

Na Shugareth added to Lucky's and Antonio's talk in a monotone voice :
"Is your species anything interesting ?"

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »

Nivian feels an impulse to speak out, but suppresses this, given the care the others are showing. Apparently this is bad?

Can I detach a small part of my body to enter the cockpit of one of the craft? Keep it spread out over the ground like a pancake and invisible, preferably.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:09 pm »

Nivian feels an impulse to speak out, but suppresses this, given the care the others are showing. Apparently this is bad?

Can I detach a small part of my body to enter the cockpit of one of the craft? Keep it spread out over the ground like a pancake and invisible, preferably.
Your a bit tethered to your resonator. If you could manage to stand in front of a craft, You could probably sneak a bit inside to check it out, but 4/5 crafts are manned and running a circle around you. The other one is parked behind thier assumed "leader" on the other side.

Also, update incoming.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:14:07 pm by helmacon »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Trans-Dimensional RTD - No Violence Today
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

Update

"No sir, but you're welcome to this one. Consider it an apology for showing up in your claim. Folks call me Lucky. Would you be able to tell us where we are? This don't look like the trailer park."

Talky stuff. Give the man the beer.

(4 + 2 = 5)"Nah, but take this one. I've probably had me one too many." Luckey says, returning the grin. "Sorry bout the whole mix up with your claim and what not. To tell the truth, I don't think any of us know quite how we got here. Where is "here" anyways?" (you have lost your "Cold Beer")

The man takes your beer, but puts it away in his pack, choosing instead to light a cigarette. Cupping his hands to suppress the wind. He is visibly more relaxed now. "Yea, sounds about right. You folks don't look like you exactly know what you're doing out here. Well... dosent look like you took any of our stuff, so I don't think we got any quarrel here. Tell you what, I owe you for the beer, so why don't we give yall a ride back to our camp? There's a few guys there what could explain the situation a bit better than what I could, and you would probably all end up dead if we left you were wandering around out here too long."  He drops his smoked out cigarette in the sand steps on it. "Lots of nasties in the sand" he says with a vague gesture. "That's if you want to come anyways."

You decide not to tell him that the glove your friend is wearing was originally from his "claim".

Say nothing, let new friend do the talking, stare down anyone who looks me in the eye.
(3) You make an intimidating sight, shirtless and beaten, but still staring defiantly at the group encircling you. The woman with the notepad glances up shyly at you and you give her a death glare. She is studying her notepad intently now. Job well done.

My name is Antonio Valdez. What might yours be?

Act cool. Don't provoke them

((Luckey is already green, so you're going to be... orange?))
"My name is Inigo Montoya" no wait, thats not right. "My name is Antonio Valdez. Who might you be?"
(4) You manage to look pretty cool while doing this.
The man The man turns to glance at you when he answers. "Turner" he points a finger at the tall leathery thing with glowing eyes. "That's Skins." He points at the woman studying the notebook. "That's Jessa"

-snip-
Na Shugareth added to Lucky's and Antonio's talk in a monotone voice :
((your glow is red, because I can't pick out the other color from normal text.))
You search in your mind with caution for traces of these beings. (eldritch memories) (3) Shugareth knew many past and future. Something is recognised in your subconscious. Only the leader was actualy from this place. This "world"? The others had all come here like you had, in some sense. You try to see more, but something makes you feel like this is a bad idea. An uneasiness begins to arise as you probe these memories. You decide that is enough for now.

The creature designated "Skins" turns to answer you question, regarding you with burning violet eyes. "Is your's?"

You swish some nanites about nervously, but you can't go far from you resonator. One of the men on the land ship gives you a suspicious look as he passes on your side.

If you choose to board a craft, tell me which one. There is a pod racer (2 spots), a land ship (3 spots), the robo horse (1 spot), The dune buggy (1 spot), and a sled tethered to a giant sand worm (2 spots)
Turner is piloting the Pod racer, Jessa is in the land ship, and Skins is Piloting the sled. The Dune buggy also has a 50 cal mounted on the back. It is being manned by a man wearing a dusty suite. 

((Until you have a bag or something you can only have one item in your inventory. (Your starting item never takes up an inventory space though))
Spoiler: Luckey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Na Shugareth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuart Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antonio (click to show/hide)

((still playing around with formats and stuff to see what works best for me. bear with.))

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »

Spoiler: Possible Title Ideas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:18:19 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »

Na Shugareth was suddenly filled with an intense sentiment threatening to burst out of its chest. Boundless pride and unbreakable respect toward its Maker. Speaking with a prideful and laudatory voice, he said :
"The mind of the One that made me is so intricate and peerless none could grasp the infinite plans hidden behind its works. Yes, truly He was the greatest being I ever knew of, with wiseness transcending gods and an eye seeing beyond the veil of the everything. A mere figment of its greatness would ravish the world !

So of course I am interesting."

Calming a little, Na Shugareth realized he couldn't compare to the silent infinity of Shugareth. Trying to find answers with the shadow of his eldritch Father, the young eldritch felt a wave of relief and wiseness filling shrouding him. His tone changed to a more... humble and polite one :
"Yes... Excuse me for my outburst. I sincerely want to know the particularities of your kin..."

Keep being weird, and follow the group if we were to fast-travel somewhere.

((your glow is red, because I can't pick out the other color from normal text.))

((still playing around with formats and stuff to see what works best for me. bear with.))
((Ah, it's because I took a white shadow, which is invisible in the normal not-darkling forum theme. Red it is then !))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2016, 09:48:10 pm »

"Going with y'all sure beats walking in the desert. I'm in."

Ride in the pod racer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9