Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHowTo Series - Looking for reviewers  (Read 633 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
DFHowTo Series - Looking for reviewers
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:36:05 pm »

Hey all,

Haven't been active here in a while simply because I got distracted for ages, but I did the FurnaceClans series and I'm finally getting around to starting up the tutorial series I discussed in that a while back.

In regards to that, I'm looking for 15-20 seasoned individuals to check me on episodes before they release for content accuracy, information flow, sound/visual clarity, caption timing being readable, things like that.  I currently have 6 episodes canned and I'm working on the scripts for the next batch.  They are not quick to produce, at least not yet, so I don't expect a swarm of them to be pouring forth.

If you're interested, either post here or PM me.  I'm expecting feedback to be done via PM should there be concerns, unless it's a dispute of fact or dwarven science which we can undertake in a different thread to involve the community in research and/or enlightenment.  I'll make general announcements here if need be as well.

Thank you for your interest and time.

For those of you curious about FurnaceClans: Be aware, I was REALLY bad at recording and sound when I first started that series, as I had absolutely no idea what the heck I was doing.  That said, playlist is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdudzEyUcmvinY7TP1n65Tp8GqbFU9cbg

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHowTo Series - Looking for reviewers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

Hey there DFWanderingKid.  I've watched the one-pick challenge of FurnaceClan several times, even when it's just in the background. 

There is an app that displays the keystrokes.  I've seen it used in some twitch channels. So I'm thinking those will be good for tutorial videos that does wild and dwarfy engineering.

I can help with feedback.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: DFHowTo Series - Looking for reviewers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »

Excellent, thanks Sanctume.  I've got clipart of all the keyboard buttons that I'll try to be more efficient in using when it's a complex component, so an excellent suggestion.