Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 53459 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« on: October 04, 2016, 01:17:22 pm »

IC Thread--> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161025.0
Open Legend Kickstarter--> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/626049486/open-legend-open-source-rpg-and-amaureas-dawn-sett (Least I could do was link to their project. :) )
Changelog--> https://github.com/openlegend/core-rules#changelog

The Story So Far...
Our heroes first mission has gone quite awry! On what was supposed to be a routine mission for the Legendary League, they were shipwrecked on a strange island by forces unknown...hearing a local under attack by Howler Wasps, they decided to try and rescue him...

Codex Legendarium (Encountered Enemies)
Spoiler: Howler Wasp (click to show/hide)

Right, so I've wanted to make some sort of game lately. I've landed upon the Open Legend RPG system, finally. This is pretty much a sandbox campaign, designed to give Gm's and players a chance to see how the game runs. I figured I'd give it a shot.

http://www.openlegendrpg.com/ <--For your viewing pleasure.

I don't like first come, first served. Like a cruel tyrant, I will pick sheets according to random whim and fancy, rewarding my friends and punishing my enemies. Which means they should be interesting characters, yes. Given this a test campaign, however, I'm not strict on the player limit. I could take more people, if interest is high.

Feel free to ask questions, because I need to learn the system too. Though don't be afraid to, you know, read the site too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:25:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~0/5? players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:27:51 pm »

Spoiler: Simplified Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Healing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boons (click to show/hide)
Post WIP~

Spoiler: Houserules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Loot System (WIP) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:47:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »

Reserved. Will probably go for tiefling infernal, since I've wanted to make one of those for a while.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 02:42:26 pm »

I'll need a bit to churn through the rules (and more specifically, the options), but color me interested.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:47:44 pm »

I'm interested.

Tiefling necromancer, ho!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 02:52:20 pm »

Reserved. Will probably go for tiefling infernal, since I've wanted to make one of those for a while.
Idea forming...

Is anyone up for an all-tiefling party?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:50 pm »

Idea forming...

And you're all brothers and sisters!

One big, happy daemonic family!

((Totally spelling Daemon with an 'A' from now on. It's much cooler that way.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 02:56:05 pm »

Ooh, I'd love to make a Half-Orc Unemployed-Due-to-Creeping-Urbanisation Shaman. I've been meaning to for a while now.

But I probably won't have time with all the rules and sheet and so on. I'll try.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

Idea forming...

.....um, no? :P I'm not sure it's possible for everybody to be the comic relief.

Looks cool though, PTW.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 03:05:39 pm »

Ptw

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 03:12:33 pm »

Idea forming...

And you're all brothers and sisters!

One big, happy daemonic family!

((Totally spelling Daemon with an 'A' from now on. It's much cooler that way.))
Pfft.
Go dæmon or go home.

How do boons and the like work? How do we unlock them?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »

I'm interested.

Tiefling necromancer, ho!

You'd just be a necromancer in training at hero lv.1, tho. You need at least lv.6 in Entropy to raise up a zombie/skeleton, and the best you can get starting out is lv.5 in any ability. Incidentally, you'll also need lv.5 in enchantment if you want to control them at all.

That being said, I would let you start out with a minion creature you already created (somehow) beforehand.

Go daemon or go home.

How do boons and the like work? How do we unlock them?

Boons are just like banes-they're essentially character abilities you unlock through certain combinations of attributes.

For example...

Blindsight 

Duration: Sustain Persists

Invocation Time: 1 Major Action
Power Level: 5

Attributes: Alteration, Divination, Entropy, Perception

Description

Even in the absence of light you are able to distinguish your surroundings. Some examples of blindsight include tremorsense, echolocation, heat vision, divine insight, or supernaturally heightened senses.

Effect

The Blinded bane does not adversely affect you and you are able to see normally even in conditions of little or no light. Blindsight can also potentially counter invisibility, though the GM will have to decide if the source creating the blindsight is appropriate to counter the source creating the invisibility.

Essentially, if you have lv.5 in either Alteration, Divination, Entropy or Perception (either crazy wizard vision, timesight, soulsight or spider-sense) you get this boon applied to you, as the duration is indefinite. The exact source of the boon is entirely determined by the player and/or GM, and any limits are also applied in the same way.

Heal 

Duration: Instantaneous

Invocation Time: 1 Major Action
Power Level: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9

Attributes: Creation, Presence

Description

Healing is magical energy overflowing from a creative life force which heals wounds and mends broken bones.

Effect

Roll dice according to the boon power level below. These dice explode as normal. The target is healed a number of hit points equal to the total roll. Like all dice rolls, these dice explode.
Special: This boon does not heal lethal damage.

Power Level 1 - Heal 1d4

Power Level 2 - Heal 1d6

Power Level 3 - Heal 1d8

Power Level 4 - Heal 1d10

Power Level 5 - Heal 2d6

Power Level 6 - Heal 2d8

Power Level 7 - Heal 2d10

Power Level 8 - Heal 3d8

Power Level 9 - Heal 3d10

Another example. Having levels in Creation or Presence both give you the ability to heal injures in some way. ANYBODY can invoke ANY bane/boon if they have the pre-req abilities. You don't need to bring Mr. "What class do you guys need?", because most heroes are gonna be very versatile.

And, you can see healing doesn't even have to be magical, exactly. You could be shouting orders in battle-this could easily represent your tactical acumen giving your allies an advantage. Or, it's just your force of will. It's all up to what you want.

You can activate any level of the power you like, and the CR to activate boons equals 10 + 2 x Power Level against your relevant attribute (which is the same as you use to unlock it AFAIK).

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:12 pm »

I'm very, very interested. Need to do some serious reading... Hmm...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 03:41:04 pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and pad out your numbers for this one, we'll see if I can cook something up.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 04:25:23 pm »

I'm interested, but won't be able to access my computer until tomorrow (on my phone rn and I hate making intensive character sheets on my phone). When will entry be closing?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50