Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soulforged: Settlement Building MMO  (Read 1253 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soulforged: Settlement Building MMO
« on: June 02, 2022, 03:18:45 am »

There was a rather big thread on this previously, and this is the sequel. Same name, somewhat different game.

Recap

Soulforged was relaunched a year back with lots of changes, with the dev doing it full time now. Everyone was knocked back into the stone age. Things were slow because as we tried knocking together stone, bones, leather, and wood to figure out technology.

It's been about 5 months since. Many of the first batch of characters are dying of old age. We're entering generation 2, so you'd be joining on the same skill level with some of the old time players.

What now?

We've manage to hack our way to the first anvil and first metal weapon-tool. We're entering a golden copper era of settlement building and could use more players. Coal Blackmark, used for metal working, is found only in the mines. The mines lie far to the east, with poor water supply.

We'll probably need more settlements to the east
  • one mining camp in an inhospitable area
  • a more established trading/industry town with weapons/armor/sausages/candles further from the mines
  • a water supply/agricultural camp

And then there will be a megaproject building roads between all the settlements. Perhaps some work for caravan guards delivering stuff between settlements too.

Other stuff to do:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway the link is https://play.soulforged.net

Finish the tutorial cave, head south along the cliff, then NE past the cliff to the river, past the bridge and gardens, up the difficult path (might need shoes), and keep heading NE until you reach the city in front of the gates. There's a lot of stuff based there and you can figure out what you want to do.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Soulforged: Settlement Building MMO
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 08:14:14 am »

+1 from me.
I'm one of those aging players who will die and have to reincarnate soon. Community is active and engaged, if a bit small. Game is updating regularly and improving all the time. Would definitely like to see more B12 folks show up!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 03:47:31 am »

You would sell this more with maybe some screenshots?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 11:30:01 pm »

Screenshots are hard because there's usually a bunch of spoilery stuff to avoid but here's one from the capital city of Gatetown:

A typical market stand:

Or there's the screenshots from the official site. The cliff diving one is my favorite:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:31:38 pm by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.