Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Space Haven - RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.  (Read 81826 times)

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Haven - RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2019, 12:38:34 pm »

Something I forgot to ask earlier, how deep are you planning to have modding support if at all?  It's entirely possible I missed it discussed, but I'm curious.  Will it be possible to mod with changing files, but not really be built into the game?  Will there be a full modding menu like rimworld? Will it be breaking things with fancy dll injections and other such black magic to even change a sprite?  Custom races and aliens? Thermonuclear Catsplosions?

Just curious, while my actual modding fu is weak outside of Dwarf Fortress, I still like being able to customize the game a bit with other people's mod creations.

We will create a tool for mod support but we will see how extensive we can make it in the end. We would like it to be as extensive as possible of course, but moddable features will depend on how feasible it is to create support for them.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2019, 12:41:27 pm »

Just a bit more and we will have unlocked the Space Hazards stretch goal! Really looking forward to announce our final two stretch goals tomorrow =)

Space Haven Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bugbyte-ludibooster/space-haven

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2019, 12:57:09 pm »

On a scale of 1-10 how annoying will it be to rebuild/fix everything destroyed/damaged by space hazards?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2019, 01:00:24 pm »

On a scale of 1-10 how annoying will it be to rebuild/fix everything destroyed/damaged by space hazards?

Heh, hard to say at this point. Depends a lot on the player feedback here in alpha stage when we develop the game further for an early access release. BUT! We will probably hit the next goal
after this, and part of it will be to be able to tweak the frequency of space hazards for example :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:29 pm »

Figured I'd put this here, since it's from a nice Bay 12 person (Sappho) and a good early look at the game.

First look video
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2019, 12:38:02 pm »

It would be nice if the hazards were not only RNG fucking you but as well opportunities and choices. For example, that you could invest into a navigational/sensor system that warns you of them, letting you steer clear of them. Another example, you could choose to fly into a solar storm to change the tactical situation in combat when an enemy is chasing you. Third example, that you could choose to risk a hazard to investigate a derelict inside it or ignore the situation, thus avoiding the hazard.

It is fine if sometimes hazards just drop on you, but generally "haha, got you, rocks fall and everybody dies" is annoying.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2019, 12:44:35 pm »

Hmm... yea, gotta agree, hazards are usually just random 'haha fuck you, now you gotta do tedious things to clean me up' events.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2019, 12:46:05 pm »

having seen various let's play I'd say it's hard for hazard to actually be game ending events on their own, crew looked quite resilient and ship issues kill morale before people given you can suit crew up to survive temperature poison etc at the cost of an happiness penalty.

balance might change of course but it seems to be going in the right direction

the real annoyance would be to have the same hazard over and over again especially as the campaign looks quite long.

rimworlds gets away with it both by having a large variation in hazards and by having so many environment variations that influence how events actually play out (mountains change how raid defences play and deserts make blight extra dangerous, while rain can make a manhunter boomalope or a zzt a non issue). compare and contrast with faster than light, where a nebula or flares play more or less the same every time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:44:49 pm by LoSboccacc »

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2019, 09:30:46 am »

Only 6 days left of Kickstarter! Pledge for your copy today and get early access to the Alpha as soon as mid April. The alpha will be distributed through our own website, and you will get to give us feedback as we develop the game further towards Steam Early Access!

Another stretch goal unlocked. Tweak your playthrough with a multitude of settings; including galaxy size, pirate and space hazards frequency on the star map, resource abundance and difficulty progression. These and many more will be available for customization.

Only the last stretch goal remains, the big $200k! Choose to play as the Android Collective, Pirates Coalition, Slaver's Guild or Military Alliance among other possible factions. Learn their motivations and watch how their stories unfold. This really is our dream game and we want to make it something special. Go grab some wicked rewards for yourself!

Join the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bugbyte-ludibooster/space-haven/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2019, 06:57:32 pm »

Congrats on hitting 500% and all stretch goals there!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2019, 08:42:51 pm »

Well done! Looking forward to playing this. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2019, 06:17:38 am »

The kickstarter has been wild. Looking forward to this so much.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2019, 02:59:10 pm »

I want a way to have a twitch integration toolkit like that rimworld mod on the ludeon forum. Also got my GF pissed real mad but i backed them. Should start streaming he game soon
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2019, 11:24:54 pm »

Congratulations on a successful Kickstarter. Hope everything goes well with the new features.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2019, 03:35:08 pm »

I'm vaguely sad that there wasn't one less backer. 7,778 backers just doesn't look as nice as a solid row of 7s.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20