Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Space Haven - RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.  (Read 82010 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Haven - A game inspired by Rimworld, FTL and original X-COM.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 04:50:03 pm »

Seeing those manoeuvring thrusters do their thing on the mining pods is just mesmerising. Great work. I've been working on a spaceship game with interior spaces as well, though progress is slow (I've got a somewhat neglected thread hidden away in the Creative projects section of the forum ;) ). Still great to see an actual team going at something at least a little similar.

Keep up the great work!

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »

are the devs going for an eventual steam early release

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 10:35:55 pm »

Much as I like that you can have a crazy asymmetrical ship (really, I do), I hope it's also easy enough to create a symmetrical one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:11 am »

Windoooooows @_@
Maybe me being a bit biased given reading up on physics and spacetravel in theoretical notes (and Alien movies :V) but considering the context of windows on a battleship or spacefaring ship--either that glass is as strong in most physical properties [but see-through] like the outer and inner armoring, or there's a camera-like system in place to view the outside to project it on internal screens instead.

It just frightens me in a good or bad way, seeing those windows there. :P The worry goes 'what if that part is hit! Decompression!'

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 05:36:02 am »

Seeing those manoeuvring thrusters do their thing on the mining pods is just mesmerising. Great work. I've been working on a spaceship game with interior spaces as well, though progress is slow (I've got a somewhat neglected thread hidden away in the Creative projects section of the forum ;) ). Still great to see an actual team going at something at least a little similar.

Keep up the great work!

They were surprisingly tough to create using this view! Took about 2 days :) Thank you!

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 05:36:56 am »

Windoooooows @_@
Maybe me being a bit biased given reading up on physics and spacetravel in theoretical notes (and Alien movies :V) but considering the context of windows on a battleship or spacefaring ship--either that glass is as strong in most physical properties [but see-through] like the outer and inner armoring, or there's a camera-like system in place to view the outside to project it on internal screens instead.

It just frightens me in a good or bad way, seeing those windows there. :P The worry goes 'what if that part is hit! Decompression!'

I have a feeling this game will have a lot of decompression going on whether there are windows or not in a wall  ;D

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 05:39:41 am »

Much as I like that you can have a crazy asymmetrical ship (really, I do), I hope it's also easy enough to create a symmetrical one.

The best thing is to keep the freedom for the player to create his own creations, as much as possible, right?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 09:13:01 am »

Indeed!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2016, 04:16:35 am »

Hold on Rupert, let me calibrate the trajectory before you venture out.

We have been working on some character animations, mining pods and carrying dead bodies lately. Well, it's possible to toss the dead bodies out into space right now, a pretty cruel and cold way to go. Characters can now venture out from the ship by going through air locks, or use a mining pod or transports to fly around. We have been working on lighting as well and it's starting to look good!

There are a couple of short videos here if you feel like checking out the looks of it right now:
http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=264

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:58 am »

This is looking awesome, props to the artist it all look very good. I feel I should scold you for filming the screen, but I'll let it slide just this once.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 12:01:53 am »

[...]
There are a couple of short videos here if you feel like checking out the looks of it right now:
That gives me an idea.
Space Funerals--sending people off in coffins instead of throwing them out the airlock just like that! :P Possibly connect that to any kind of morale system or such, because you WILL have people doing things just for aesthetics or culture (I mean, yeah, technically, basically, and stripped-down as an idea, you can just throw them out the airlock and 'eh', but wow is that...harsh).

Also idea: Floor Material!
Possibly affects movement speed on a powered ship (due to gravity, unless it is free-rotating or something that provides its own pull or cling?) due to people having to move on it as if on terrain. Maybe include magnetic boots and such to help people walk on the surface of the ship, for repairs and other minor things that the ship/AI/robots can't do or perform.

...And then an image hits me of one episode in Star Wars (the Clone Wars cartoon) of soldiers hot dropping on an enemy ship and attaching themselves to the outer hull, boring in and capturing the ship. Hah. :P Idealism!

E: I really like those boosters on the tiny capsules there and that split-second timing. :D Cheers for all of you in the works!

Also question about the link in that link: I've already an account on the forum and I think my email is already known :O Do I have to enter my email again specifically for that game or...?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:14:20 am by Tiruin »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 01:03:37 am »

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT...

I want everything about it.

*Inserts money into CD-Drive*
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 01:45:26 am »

I remember one of the earliest pitches for this game, I think on a different forum. Still interested, still watching.

Artwork does look good, though. I approve.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 04:14:07 am »

This is looking awesome, props to the artist it all look very good. I feel I should scold you for filming the screen, but I'll let it slide just this once.

Haha, the camera allows me to grab footage from my brothers screen when he is testing what he has coded. Usually creates good scenes to grab and
show the progress of the game right from the programmers screen. Hope you can bare it! :)

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:13 am »

[...]
That gives me an idea.
Space Funerals--sending people off in coffins instead of throwing them out the airlock just like that! :P Possibly connect that to any kind of morale system or such, because you WILL have people doing things just for aesthetics or culture (I mean, yeah, technically, basically, and stripped-down as an idea, you can just throw them out the airlock and 'eh', but wow is that...harsh).

Also idea: Floor Material!
Possibly affects movement speed on a powered ship (due to gravity, unless it is free-rotating or something that provides its own pull or cling?) due to people having to move on it as if on terrain. Maybe include magnetic boots and such to help people walk on the surface of the ship, for repairs and other minor things that the ship/AI/robots can't do or perform.

...And then an image hits me of one episode in Star Wars (the Clone Wars cartoon) of soldiers hot dropping on an enemy ship and attaching themselves to the outer hull, boring in and capturing the ship. Hah. :P Idealism!

E: I really like those boosters on the tiny capsules there and that split-second timing. :D Cheers for all of you in the works!

Also question about the link in that link: I've already an account on the forum and I think my email is already known :O Do I have to enter my email again specifically for that game or...?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can quick subscribe just in case, but if you have been getting some mails from us then you surely are on the list. It doesn't hurt to subscribe multiple times, we have a system that removes duplicates so it shouldn't spam. We only send a mail once a month or so, more if there is something big happening.

Space funerals is something I would want, with that coffin and mates saluting their fallen comrade :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20