Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Space Haven - RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.  (Read 81345 times)

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Haven - RimWorld inspired spaceship colony sim.
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2020, 07:26:05 am »

Space Haven Alpha 7 - Advanced Game Customization, Localization, Starmap improvements and more.

So, we find ourselves in midst of a pandemic. Never would we have believed that we and the world would find ourselves in such a situation as the Steam early access release of Space Haven closes in.

We truly hope you are safe out there. So far we have managed to continue on as before, our small 3 person indie team has not been infected. We've stayed healthy and focused our energy on Space Haven, and as a result there's lots of new features we want to show you. =)

Advanced Game Customization

Many knobs and levers to emphasize your beloved features in the game.

We have created difficulty levels for the game,  and the possibility to customize your playthrough if you want to. It is a type of creative mode, where you get to specify what resources you start with, what kind of asteroids or derelict ships are found in the start sector and so on. This can be tweaked on a galaxy level too, meaning if you want a galaxy full of resources you can create that for yourself.

For players wanting to forget the challenge and just build in peace we added a sandbox mode, which will enable you to spawn resources at your will.

New features:

• Advanced Game Customization - Customize your playthrough with regards to resources, asteroids, derelict ships, alien presence and so on. Emphasize your beloved features.
  • Sandbox mode - A sandbox category has been added to the build menu, allowing you to spawn resources and possible other items at will.

Crew Selection Screen and Customization

You can now customize the colors of your crew outfits.

A crew selection menu has been added to the game!
Another new addition is the crew selection screen, where you will be able to decide who you will take with on your journey through space. Many want to leave Earth and hop on your crew, in hopes of finding a better place to live. You need to decide who you take with, and what kind of colors their shirt and pants have.

New features:

• Crew selection menu - Choose who you take with as part of your starting crew as you venture out to find a new home among the stars.
  • Customize crew outfits - Choose the colors of your crew member outfits. Everyone can have a purple shirt, or yellow, or something completely different!

Starmap improvements

We've added a fog of war to the starmap, which reveals the next destinations but no further than that. This allows for some surprises with how the other faction spaceships move around in the starmap, it also adds to the feeling of exploration when traveling in the galaxy. We also had a little time to tweak some of the space backgrounds within sectors.

New features:

• Starmap fog of war - Pirates might catch you by surprise now!
  • Polished backgrounds - At least some of the backgrounds will look a bit better =)

Special derelict ships, so called claimable derelicts, can now be claimed and added to your fleet.

Claimable derelict ships - These are special derelict ships which can be claimed and added to your fleet. Go explore them and once all creatures lurking in the shadows have been cleared out this special derelict ship can be captured and added to your fleet. However, it might require a substantial amount of repairs and resources to make it capable of hyperspace travel.

Additionally, all the factions in the game now have some new ships in their fleet, so you will meet more than just the little scale spaceships later on in the galaxy.

New features:

• Claimable derelict ships - These special derelict spaceships can be claimed and added to your fleet.
  • New faction spaceships - Added some bigger ships for the various factions in the game.

Space Haven - Now available in 12 languages

We've spent a lot of time to make Space Haven available in other languages besides English. We hired a team of professional translators for the job, and they have just finished their initial translations of texts in the game.

Space Haven is localized to the following languages:

• ENGLISH
  • GERMAN
  • FRENCH
  • CASTILIAN-SPANISH
  • ITALIAN
  • RUSSIAN
  • SIMPLIFIED-CHINESE
  • JAPANESE
  • KOREAN
  • CZECH
  • POLISH
  • PORTUGUESE-BRAZIL

Steam Early Access

We're preparing for a Steam Early Access release, but we do not have a date yet. We want to release this year. However, times are very uncertain, and so many factors play into a successful official release. If one of us three becomes ill it could seriously affect any set release date we would have.

The game build needs to be ready, void of any game breaking bugs. The translations need to be checked and in good enough shape. Our current plan is to make a decision around a month before release, and once we have it clear to ourselves we will notify you =)

Thanks for reading and see you in the next update!

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2020, 10:41:18 am »

Alpha 8 comes as a smaller update focused on the Build Menu. We've spent a few weeks improving it and making it easier to use, easier to find facilities and utilizing different resolutions in a better way.

For those who have been playing the Alpha for some time already it might take a little time to get accustomed to the new build menu, but once that happens you should notice it is much improved to the previous version =)

We've also worked hard on improving the translations, and hope to receive more feedback on them on our Discord server. We have set-up a channel for each language and there are instructions on how to report possible issues with the translations: https://discord.gg/zx2AN4F

STEAM/GOG Early Access Release

We are preparing for the official Early Access release. We do not have a date yet, as we need to sort out some tasks and find a good window for the release all things considered, it could be before summer but it might end up being after the summer in fall as well. Once we are certain of a date we will announce it, so stay tuned for news on that =)

Interview with the composer of Space Haven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mmW0h4tlM

Solid Content sat down and did an interview with the music composer for Space Haven, watch some neat game play, listen to some music and hear some cool things about making music for Space Haven! Check it out above.

Patch Notes for Alpha 8:

• Alpha 8 - Saves from Alpha 7 should work.
  • Build Menu overhaul - Improved and polished the Build Menu.
  • Polished translations.
  • You can now bind shields, scanners, and turrets to groups.
  • Modified the abandoned mining station to have storages close to the airlock.
  • Added missing characters for some languages.
  • Fixed a bug which stopped NPC ships from jumping away.
  • Fixed bugs.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news to come!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:56:55 am by AdmiralGeezer »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2020, 11:46:10 am »

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, methinks. Seems like an interesting possibility you've got going here. ???

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2020, 04:01:28 pm »

I've been following this game since this thread was started, looking forward to more info on the steam release!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2020, 11:58:47 am »

Congrats on the Early Access Steam release!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2020, 12:46:33 pm »

Yeah, I got my key the other day and plan to play a bit this weekend. Might even stream it to all of my zero followers.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »

For those who have the game, or have been playing the alphas, how is it so far? Worth buying yet?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2020, 02:03:26 am »

So I bought this from GoG and tried it out. Looting derelicts etc is strangely addictive. There is one infuriating thing though - you can't prioritise medical care so that the doctor will get up from sleep and treat someone bleeding to death. No matter what you do, the doc will choose to idle or sleep if they are tired enough, even if you change their schedule. The game badly needs MEDICAL CARE NOW -button in the same way you can force people to get up from bed and man turrets or the like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2020, 07:38:59 am »

Sounds like I can customize things to basically play Red Dwarf.

Can you allow somebody else to be the doctor?  I mean, sure, I'd rather have someone who has actually done surgery treat the wounded, but maybe some clown can just patch up the wounds until the doctor wakes up?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:52 pm »

Can't take over pirate ships and make them your own. How sad. They took some pot shots at me then went to the derelict ship in the area. I gathered my crew and said "Oh, a perfectly usable pirate ship with at least 3 fewer crew on it. Excellent." Went to their ship. Took down the crew that returned and the pirate ship turned into a derelict. Oh well. Mostly got a bunch of scrap to be turned back into usable 2nd and 3rd tier items with the input of a bunch of other materials I don't have in stock.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2020, 03:40:16 pm »

Can't take over pirate ships and make them your own. How sad. They took some pot shots at me then went to the derelict ship in the area. I gathered my crew and said "Oh, a perfectly usable pirate ship with at least 3 fewer crew on it. Excellent." Went to their ship. Took down the crew that returned and the pirate ship turned into a derelict. Oh well. Mostly got a bunch of scrap to be turned back into usable 2nd and 3rd tier items with the input of a bunch of other materials I don't have in stock.

I keep feeling like its possible, but I just don't know how to do it.

Anyone know how to patch up hull leaks?  My characters run around patching up the equipment, but seem to ignore the hull leaks themselves.  Or maybe they patch them up one square at a time, but they all just died before I could actually get one hole fully patched.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2020, 03:45:33 pm »

I keep feeling like its possible, but I just don't know how to do it.

Anyone know how to patch up hull leaks?  My characters run around patching up the equipment, but seem to ignore the hull leaks themselves.  Or maybe they patch them up one square at a time, but they all just died before I could actually get one hole fully patched.

I think I saw the dev mention something on steam discussion that you cannot capture pirate ships.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:30 pm »

Having fun so far, though I wish I could figure out how to extract items from a building. 

I had to go back to the starting mining base so I could fabricate things, and I'm short on food.  I see a ton of food in the mining base kitchen yet I don't know how to take it out so I can bring it to my ship before we leave again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2020, 11:23:25 am »

Really happy at the progress thus far, especially with hopefully what would become a blooming community given several good attitudes in play--the development has been pretty thorough and versatile in the current early access (with not so many bugs as well).

Cheers there :D It's pretty great!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2020, 02:03:06 pm »

Having fun so far, though I wish I could figure out how to extract items from a building. 

I had to go back to the starting mining base so I could fabricate things, and I'm short on food.  I see a ton of food in the mining base kitchen yet I don't know how to take it out so I can bring it to my ship before we leave again.

I think that if you deconstruct a building, then you get whatever resources are stored in it, although I had it not work with a CO2 scrubber.
EDIT: And you can't deconstruct anything in the mining base.

From what I've seen, the crew will eventually cook up excess food and store it.

Protip: You can deconstruct everything in the mining base before you leave.  Better build another large storage bay!
...I'm usually too impatient to do this, and can't recommend it if food, water, or power are scarce on your ship.  But its totally possible, and there are a ton of building materials being used for the various installations on the mining base.
nevermind, you can't
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20