Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149]

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 253931 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Semifinals - TT S6, SF
« Reply #2220 on: November 06, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

An exciting finale to the main season:

We move for nobody 2-3 Shambles 'n' Snarls

The shamblers started out receiving, and with their two star players and some ghouls they managed to score after burning through almost the entire half. However, with one player injured, one dead, and one KOed, with only an injured bull centaur and a hobgoblin caught fouling to slow the chdorfs, it seemed like it may have been a pyrrhic victory for their first score. The hobgoblin ball carrier scored halfway through the second half, leaving a flesh golem dead and two blockers badly hurt behind him, as well as a few more KOs.

Then, things stopped going my way. The kickoff to the wolfy team ended up flying off field and a werewolf right on the front line was given the ball. A hobgoblin was badly hurt and the wolfy ran past and was positioned to score next turn. I had one shot to stop it, but for the second time in this league I forgot to blitz before moving my guy and ended up only marking him instead of using strip ball to get myself a better chance of winning. The werewolf scored and pulled the team ahead for another drive. The necromantic team seemed like they had the game in the bag, and they managed to tie up all my players, but thanks to some clever pushes and lucky rolls I managed to pass the ball and have a different hobgoblin than my ball carrier run it in, evening the score once more.

Finally, the game went into overtime and the necromantic team was receiving. All their KOs had by this point woken up so they almost had their team back to full working order while the chdorfs were fielding less than 11 players for the first time in the match. We also realized that we had used almost no rerolls yet, and I had accumulated 7, so I started taking a few more risks. I managed to blitz the blodge ball carrier twice, but my wrestle-strip ball hobbo was unable to make it, so my ball carrier had to try, and failed to knock over the ghoul. A last-ditch effort with a dirty player hobbo to stop the ghoul only resulted in a push, and with clever blitzing the necromantic team scored the last goal of the game.

Notable injuries: 1 -MV bull centaur, 1 MNG zombie, 1 dead wight, 1 dead flesh golem
Worth sacrifices for victory in the finale

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF
« Reply #2221 on: November 16, 2015, 03:50:25 pm »

Sorry for the disappearance, life got crazy for awhile there, xp.

Congratulations to our new main league champion!! I've ended the season which means new teams can start applying in game. The training league will be ending sometime this week and in game sign-ups will begin upon its completion.

I don't believe I'll have time to be the commissioner of both leagues next season though so if someone else would like to step up and take that responsibility that would be greatly appreciated.

Final point, I think it may be fun to have another champions tournament now that we have a few more championship coaches. Could help to bridge the holiday season gap when scheduling issues tend to arise more frequently.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2222 on: November 17, 2015, 11:17:22 am »

I think I'll skip one season after all, taking a break from BB in favor of some personal stuff I have to sort out (and also switching to some other games, hehe). Be back and in force next season!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 17, 2015, 12:13:03 pm »

I've now formally applied to the main league with my Vampires.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:04 pm »

Feels like it's time for the return of everyone's favorite undead team: TOO SPOOKY

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 22, 2015, 01:02:58 pm »

Congratulations to Otherplayers for securing his first Training League Championship! The hatters won 2-0 in a game where the elves caught a brutal case of elfitis (three failed dodges due to double ones and one fumbled pass due to double ones in the first half). Otherplayers played well but we both agreed the game was lopsided mostly due to the dice roll differences, xp.

Training league applications are now available in game.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 12, 2015, 09:01:10 pm »

Hey all, just wanted to update you as to why there hasn't really been anything happening of late. Life got crazy and is finally starting to slow down to where I can start doing things other than straight school. I'll hopefully be able to accept all the new teams and get the leagues set up in the next week. If someone else would like to take the commissioner job and get the ball rolling sooner than that, just send me a message and I'll set you up.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 12, 2015, 09:54:40 pm »

I've submitted a wood elf team for the training league called "The Woodland Crew"...

Not sure what being commissioner would involve so I'm a bit hesitant to volunteer, but if it's just approving matches then I'll probably have plenty of time for it...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 13, 2015, 02:53:25 am »

Oh snap, I guess I should probably get my applications in then. :P My new computer needs to redownload blood bowl, but with any luck I should be able to get both of those applications in tomorrow.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 13, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »

Not sure what being commissioner would involve so I'm a bit hesitant to volunteer, but if it's just approving matches then I'll probably have plenty of time for it...

Its mostly that. The only other things you do are post in the thread to let people know when the week has advanced and decide when to advance each week. Not a lot of time commitment, just difficult to remember when busy, xD

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 13, 2015, 09:32:14 pm »

And both of my teams are applied! I'll be pulling the Mad Hatters (Chaos Dwarves) up into the main league and starting a new Chaos team called 'The Devil's Hands' in the training league.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 22, 2015, 12:24:19 am »

I've accepted all teams that applied to either league and kicked all those that haven't said anything about playing again next season. Right now the main league sits at 4/5 and the training league has 2. In other words, we need more peeps to get a decent league, xD. Talk to your friends with the game and get them in on it! (:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 21, 2017, 07:13:00 am »

Casual Necro- I'm starting a Blood Bowl 2 league for B12 players Here
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149]