Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)  (Read 24761 times)

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
Re: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 10:09:52 am »

That's super heartwarming. One of the most difficult things in love/crushes is learning and committing to letting go. That's true especially if there are still feelings and some sort of relationship, like friendship involved. I am so happy and proud you found it in yourself to do the things you did <3

Pick a game, friend!

Always spreading the love, Anvilfolk. Thank you!
It has been quite hard because of all that, but encouraging her to leave this country will be the healthiest choice for us both. Also I'm sure we'll keep in touch, as we've managed to do during the last five years. There are still some interviews she need to get through in order to get the scholarship, but from now everything is up to her and her skills, in which I trust.

I want to pick Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, although I won't be able to play it until the weekend. You probably have my Steam username (hint: it's the same as here).
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 10:11:40 am »

Sent on both counts! :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

Consider this thread bumped with information about Train Valley!

If you don't expect it to be an economics game, it becomes a really rather addictive puzzle game.

It looks rather easy, until you realise the achievement requires you not to take down any trees which means you need to take that railway around five or six tiles and then you can't make it converge the right way so you make it go around a bit more so that trains can travel in the right direction... and by then you have around 10 intersections to micromanage 4 trains through and they al crash in a ball of fiery death. Which makes you lose the other achievement.

It's great.

... and yours for the taking by a mere act of vulnerability!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

Got some games from the Nick's Staff Picks Humble Bundle that's on right now. Went to the old thread (Let's make this a better world giveaway-yay!)  and saw that it migrated here. I really like this giveaway project, and I've donated to it in the past, so I'll be donating the following games:

Volume
TIS-100
Infinifactory
The Secret World
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 12:14:18 am »

I highly recommend TIS-100 to anyone interested in programming. It's an amazing game.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:05 pm »

Got some games from the Nick's Staff Picks Humble Bundle that's on right now. Went to the old thread (Let's make this a better world giveaway-yay!)  and saw that it migrated here. I really like this giveaway project, and I've donated to it in the past, so I'll be donating the following games:

Volume
TIS-100
Infinifactory
The Secret World

Heya! Thanks so much for this! :D I have way too much on my plate at the moment and don't feel like I can keep track of who has what, who requested what, etc.

But if people wanna contact you directly, that's totally fine as long as the spirit of the giveaway is maintained! :)

And I'll be bumping the thread with some more games in a few days :)

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2016, 03:43:31 am »

Well, slowly but steadily I weaved hugs in our little social rituals over the years, now all of my friends do it without hesitation. It's nice to be nice sometimes.

Don't really want anything from the list, just keeping this thread up and running :) Great idea by the way!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

Well, slowly but steadily I weaved hugs in our little social rituals over the years, now all of my friends do it without hesitation. It's nice to be nice sometimes.

Don't really want anything from the list, just keeping this thread up and running :) Great idea by the way!

Yassssss! Subversion through the medium of hugs. My favourite activity!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 04:11:00 pm »

*hugs*

Hugs are nice.  Keep up the good work!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »

i donated to the office's holiday fund for charity even though they were out of cookies/cake to give to people as a reward

so i would like Titan Souls please

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 05:09:22 pm »

I know it's in bad taste to apply for the same giveaway so I'll just put this here because I'm kind of proud of this one and if you enjoy it, all the better.

So, I've been laid off for a couple weeks and in-between interviews and applications, I'm helping out friends and family with things and I'm also branching out into some after-school tutoring, both free for kids and cheap for high-school kids preparing to take the SATs (Like me!). So one high-school kid I'm helping is, well, the kind of kid I used to bully before I went into high-school and my vision went and I became a nerd myself.
He's quite introverted and quiet but smart, smarter than me, and most of what I'm doing is helping him build his self-esteem. Most of his issues are stemmed not from bullying but from simple isolation. He's got no siblings and he's that nerdy kid with the anime binders no-one wants to interact with and he shies away from contact with the other groups of anime fans. From a bro's point of view, he's not bad looking but just a little chubby, and could use a haircut honestly.
My first step was to help him accept his hobbies more openly and proudly. We do a review of some SAT questions and he presents some anime he likes and we watch it together. He's gotten me into Naruto from the very beginning (Japanese voices with English subs, cuz real nerds accept no less!) and we both enjoyed Gurren Lagann. First time I've seen the kid laugh openly too.
In exchange I've gotten him to get a haircut and we did some self-esteem exercises to get him warmed up. Just things like focusing on his creative outlets and gentle prodding to get him to join in with the other kids who enjoy anime who I believe he would enjoy spending time with. He accepted and they're supposed to join our next session on Friday night. He's pretty excited. Fingers crossed.

tl;dr- My part-time gig is helping a future hikikomori become not a hikikomori.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 08:08:49 pm »

Self-esteem exercises?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »

Self-esteem exercises?

Small things that make you feel good about yourself as a person. Realizing that talking to people doesn't instantly cause them to hiss at you. Smiling at that attractive neighbor and having them return it. Talking with new people who share similar tastes and having them reciprocate enthusiastically. Showcasing some art to your new friends and having them compliment it, but call you a cuntburgler (advanced exercise, you have to be at that point you know its fine for friends to insult each other). Playing co-op games with friends and thinking of something awesome your Minecraft castle needs and having them call it awesome.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »

Huh.

...I wish...
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 12:29:22 am »

And I just want to PTW this because threads like these are squeaky nice. :3
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:48:34 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8