Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)  (Read 24728 times)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2016, 05:46:29 am »

Last week I went to the local traffic authority to update my driving licence. There was this employee who was helping people fill out their forms on the computers (their system is crazy hard to understand). Everyone was mad at the traffic authority and where lashing out on the employees who had nothing to do with it. Despite this, she was very attentive and polite.
Before leaving I complimented her for the good work and said her help made me much more certain about getting everything right.

People should show more appreciation. I mean, its so rare to get a compliment on your job... No one notices when you get stuff right, and sometimes people lose motivation when all they needed is a little kind word to win the day.

Anyway, I dont know if I can get a game (I dont even know how it's done) but I am accepting hugs! Hugs as currency is best currency!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 06:03:20 am »

[...]I am accepting hugs! Hugs as currency is best currency!
* Tiruin gives you a big hug, in spirit. :D

Done reading through the whole thread and I noticed how past-me who was stuck with theoretical concepts would go ':( this is a lot of culture in it' by noting the individualist culture that's pretty widespread in the media (as western media is a lot more pervasive than ours/eastern as a generality) until I grew up to myself now in noticing 'wow these things we're all concerned about have no definite cultural origin but it's more attitudinal and personality wise'.
...Which is me pretty much loving how awesome a kind and sincere act affects people. Reminds me again of one note of my instructor back in I/O Psych; "While you'll be known by your profession (formal), it's mostly how you're known to others that'll affect your connections (informal)." It was a talk about your 'informal' self compared to your 'formal/professional' self to those you are with. The person over the profession.

...And all these memories are prodding me to make a story I promised (ok, a friend asked) to make, and instead post on the happy thread >_>

...I love this thread \o/

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2016, 01:32:08 pm »

Thanks for being patient with the giveaway folks :) Been avoiding internet quite a bit :) Will be reading up all of yinz's posts next and sending out games :)

Here's some new games, and it looks like there's some real good stuff in here so be sure to check it out :D

- Eldritch (Bundle Stars)
- Shadow Blade: Reload (Bundle Stars)
- SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition (Bundle Stars)
- Lovely Planet Arcade (Bundle Stars)
- THOTH (Bundle Stars)
- Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh (Bundle Stars)
- Chroma Squad (Bundle Stars)
- Hue (Bundle Stars)
- Snooker Nation Championship (Bundle Stars)
- We Are The Dwarves (Bundle Stars)
- Broken Sword Trilogy (Bundle Stars)
- Team Fortress 2 Badges - Duncan's Kindhearted Kisser, Hannah's Altruistic Aspect, Sips' Selfless Simulacrum, Sjin's Generous Guise (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Kholat (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE CORE PLUS R (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Psychonauts (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Back to Bed (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Goat Simulator (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Shadwen (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Choplifter HD (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Guns of Icarus Online + Costume Pack + Soundtrack (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Toy Odyssey: The Lost and Found (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Not the Robots (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Oozi: Earth Adventure (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Dinocide (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Waddle Home (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Faeria Early Access Bundle (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Saturday Morning RPG (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- BiT Evolution (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Gunpoint (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Crusaders of the Lost Idols Legendary Starter Pack (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Syder Arcade (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Curses 'N Chaos (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Magicka 2 (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Chronology: Time Changes Everything (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Tales Across Time (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Shu (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- SteamWorld Dig (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Binary Domain (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Pressure (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Cosmonautica (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Dark Scavenger (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Karma. Incarnation 1 (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Eisenwald: Blood of November (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Guacamelee! Complete (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Torchlight II (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Hue (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- The Bridge (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Overture (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Two Digits (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)
- Multimirror (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2016, 01:39:09 pm »

Alright, Titan Souls sent!

Also, all of the rest of you who are wondering whether you can get a game for your experiences, you are all nice people. Pick a game!

And Tiruin, I'm super glad you felt you could come out here! :D I hope the experience has been what you hoped for! Also, a lot of the money for this latest Yogscast bundle is going to an international LGBT+ org, so hooray :D Definitely pick a game to enjoy during the holidays!

Anvil"all-you-can-eat-human-hug-buffet"folk, signing out!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »

Goodness gracious, that's a lot of games. Well, I have a huge backlog and probably don't need a new game, but with so many available and so few people stepping up, maybe I can help get the ball rolling. ;)

I've got two things to share that I'm pretty proud of. The first is that a few weeks ago, I finally ended my relationship with my psychologically/emotionally abusive ex-boyfriend and threw him out of my apartment. He had been gaslighting, insulting, manipulating, controlling, blackmailing, and straight-up lying to me for months - whatever it took to keep me giving him what he wanted (a free place to live, free home-cooked meals and laundry service, someone to loan him money on top of all that, and an emotional punching bag). He used every trick in the book to wreck me emotionally and try to stop me from doing it, but with help from friends, I finally succeeded in being firm and kicking his ass out of my home and my life. This is a monumental achievement for me, as I have a history of being abused and a tendency to get sucked into situations like this without regard for my personal safety or wellbeing. It's a huge step for me that I managed to put myself first for once and take my life back.

The other is to do with a young girl I've been teaching for a couple of years. When I first started teaching her, I identified her as autistic immediately - she was so much like me at her age that it was glaringly obvious to me. Turns out, not to others - her mother had been trying and failing to find out what was "wrong" with her daughter and how to help her, and the girl had been struggling and unhappy both at home and at school. I talked to the mother and explained my own history and understanding of the situation, and she broke down crying, so relieved that someone finally knew what was happening and how to help. I offered to tutor her for an hour each week, under the pretense of teaching her English, but really as a mentor to help her understand herself and teach her strategies for surviving in a world not designed for her. Today I had a lesson with her and she told me she found out yesterday that her parents are getting a divorce - her father is leaving the family for another woman. I did my best to comfort her and offer to help in any way she needs, as I remember how hard it is from when my parents split up when I was young. I expect I'll be helping her through this for a while now. No one was there to help me when I was her age, and I don't want her to feel the way I did.

That big list of games is a bit intimidating, but I do see one that's been on my wishlist for a while and which I'd like to make a let's play series out of: Cosmonautica. I'd love a key for that, if it's still available. :)

Thanks so much to Anvilfolk for maintaining this lovely thread. And I agree that Bay12 is full of lovely people - come on, guys, accept a little reward for all the awesome things you do. :D

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »

Oh gosh, thanks for sharing that! So happy you got rid of a terrible influence in your life, and are still managing to be a great influence to someone else! I'm sure it will make a heck of a difference! :)

Cosmonautica sent! And yeah, thanks for getting the ball rolling, definitely need more of that around here!

subi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2016, 08:44:36 pm »

After my grandma died 2 years ago fighting hard stroke my primary goal is helping oldest person.Someone thinking that is stupid ,but today most people don't even looks at them when they need help for even usual things like going upstairs crossing streets or helping them with heavy bags from the market..etc.. My grandma walked really little after stroke,even I tried everything to change that ,but sometimes you can't help much..

Great thread Anvilfolk ,lots of different life situation presented here :)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2016, 09:18:27 pm »

Yesterday I noticed a borderline acquaintance of mine from university more than a decade ago, half a world away - in fact a Muslim from the middle east, looking for info online about getting into my line of work, so I took the time to write him some semi-comprehensive messages on Linkedin explaining the pros and cons, the best path to professional certification and education, about what the work is actually like, what specialization would be best and such so that he doesn't fall into some of the pitfalls I did and can embark on this particular path as efficiently and productively as possible. Some optimizations can literally shave years off his apprenticeship. I don't see him as competition, in fact I want him to succeed. As I work for one of the more prominent companies in the field, maybe down the line I can help out further.

May I claim From the Depths, please. Also, thank you for doing this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:40:12 pm by Mookzen »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2016, 10:27:51 pm »

And Tiruin, I'm super glad you felt you could come out here! :D I hope the experience has been what you hoped for! Also, a lot of the money for this latest Yogscast bundle is going to an international LGBT+ org, so hooray :D Definitely pick a game to enjoy during the holidays!
* Tiruin squeaks ._. (and is a mouse! Aaaaaaaah!)
I didn't expect that to happen but alrighty! :O (Thaaaanks for that kindness in turn :) )

Uhh .-.
Could I ask for Shadwen (Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam '16)?
And thanks for doing all this :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2016, 10:56:45 pm »

Games sent :D Huzzay! Hope yinz enjoy them!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2016, 12:29:37 am »

Oh, boy! A giveaway! And a good cause, too!

A lot of my family and friends are either on the cusp of the poverty line, or well below it. I save up all the excess money I get and loan (no interest, of course) it out, so that people can buy food and luxuries when times have been tough. I have also lent it out to friends, and once a stranger, who is now a friend. I have only been ripped off once, and after nicely speaking to that person after a few months, I was paid back with a little extra. Which was their initiative, not mine. I just wanted my exact amount back.

I'd just give it away, but I'm in a similar financial situation and I need every cent I can find in case things go sour.

Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2016, 02:57:52 pm »

What game do you want? :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »

So I forgot all about Humble Monthly, which has some really cool games!

- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Humble December Bundle)
- Mordheim City of the Damned (Humble December Bundle)
- Hacknet (Humble December Bundle)
- Minion Masters Early Access, will be F2P (Humble December Bundle)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »

In August of this year, a long time friend of mine (I won't name him here out of respect for his privacy and mental difficulties) needed desperately to get away from a roommate who was to be frank, mentally abusive towards my friend.  So my wife, our two roommates and I, put our money down to get him out of there.  But we didn't stop there, we helped him move cross country, and let him stay with us until late September, during that time we helped him (monetarily and taking him where he needed to be) get a copy of his birth certificate, SSN, helped him find work, get his medication (he was born without his thyroid glands, and he has some other issues), and helped him get into a new apartment.

If the above passes muster, I'd like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:05:22 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:51 am »

Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8