Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)  (Read 24623 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2017, 08:20:46 pm »

I took care of an old lady's yorkshire terrier in the train while she was in the bathroom. Do I get a cookie?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2017, 09:19:26 pm »

Alright... I'll take Steamworld Heist then.

Sent!

I help carry around furniture & appliances every week or so for the local furniture bank. Usually it's just me and a few older guys, and we drive used furniture and appliances to people in town who can't afford it themselves.

Risky's Revenge, if that's still good.

Also, awesome feel good thread you've got here.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent!

I'd rather not set a precedent for now! If you had to pick one, which one would it be? :)
Rebel Galaxy :)

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!

I took care of an old lady's yorkshire terrier in the train while she was in the bathroom. Do I get a cookie?

SSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Oh, wait, yes, yes you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2017, 09:36:19 pm »

We can only get one game right? :P [/yes we can]
Just asking that because partly out of humor (as I'm not going to do that despite as an aside seeing something I'd like [too]), and that it's not particularly mentioned on the OP ._. Mostly because of the latter but the wording was from the former.

Because cheers to whom would get XCOM2 :D [I just love games with well-written stories...]

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2017, 11:27:17 pm »

It's been a few months since we've given out games, I'm happy to reset the score if you've gotten a game previously! Just tell us your latest act of kindness, vulnerability, or anything else that stands up against the fear and hate that's been spreading so much :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2017, 12:02:23 am »

It's been a few months since we've given out games, I'm happy to reset the score if you've gotten a game previously! Just tell us your latest act of kindness, vulnerability, or anything else that stands up against the fear and hate that's been spreading so much :)
Hum ._.
I'ma share this anyway but won't ask for a game :P
I also shared this link with good friends and they're D: to post because it may seem like they're saying personal stories for trade or something, but I've talked it over with them and it was settled better thanks to them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2017, 04:22:53 am »

i have taken for free an old woman on my taxi:

can take RIVE?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2017, 08:32:49 am »

tl;dr- My part-time gig is helping a future hikikomori become not a hikikomori.

Since Anvilfolk's clearing the board (good on ya mate), I thought I'd update this and see about getting a game again.

The kid' s doing well and where he's still shy, I'm happy to say he's got friends who show up during every meeting now. It goes from studying and homework help to watching various shows and/or anime. He let his hair grow out again but I'll let it slide. The other kids are getting my services for free now with this, but that's fine. One of them's a girl who's thinking about joining the Air Force after she graduates and keeps asking me for tips to help her. I gave her the basics; don't drink just because you can after you hit 21 cuz you're enlisted, follow orders, get a good working relationship with all your flightmates, etc. Put in an extra protip for basic: learn to do things fast, mostly eating and showering. I know it can be different for women, but I'm used to my sisters taking 40 minutes to bathe. HA. Learn to do it in 3. I'm not going to tell her anything more about basic except to get in shape now (she's a bit chubby), I don't want to ruin the surprise.  :D

I'm split between SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition and Warhammer: End Times- Vermintide. I'll let you decide, Anvilbro. If you can't decide, just flip a coin, I'd be happy with either one.
Just make it SanctuaryRPG, End Times just popped up on the newest humble bundle. Nevermind, give your keys to people more deserving: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition just went on sale for less then a buck on GMG. Keep up the good deeds, guys.

Keep up the good work guys.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:39:49 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »

Can I get Stardew Valley then? :)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ELF-rhymer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:39 pm »

Well, this will be abuse, I believe, but nevertheless I really want to try that, since we got amnesty on grabbing keys.

I have a friend since 3 yo. We are more like brothers than friends. I wish to gift him a game, and I spent some time off work to make myself comfortable to ask for it:

Each day I travel 11 km on car from home to work and back. In these two days I took hitchikers both directions without taking money from them. Some of them were a little scared when at the end of trip I declined money (probably they thought I will ask for some sort of favor or anything else) I had to settle them down as best I can.

Also, we have got a national holiday on 8 March - Women day. I bought some flowers and gifted them to random sad or worried girls on streets to make them feel better.

This is not actually game for me, you can check on my steam account (elf_rhymer) that I already own it. I really want to gift it to my best friend ever.
This game is X-COM2...

Anvilfolk, altough I hope that I can get it, I will not be mad or disappointed if you will decide I am not allowed to do so, I will totally understand.
Still hoping for the best, ELF.
"So the merchants arrive to see blood and vomit everywhere, us hauling corpses en masse to the graveyard, a couple rampaging elephants

WELCOME TO FUCKING BOATMURDERED!"

DwarfFortress Boatmurdered.
Part 17 by StarkRavingMad.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »

I drove someone home from school today when their car broke down.
I know you said you were clearing the board, but I only posted a page ago, so if that's still too soon, don't give me a key.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2017, 05:08:38 pm »

I came out to a friend who came out to me alongsidr actual consoling to comfort them.

In case ELFrhymers request is actually cheating, I wany you to send XCOM 2 to him on my behalf. I'll collect Vermintide otherwise.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2017, 03:09:24 pm »

So, Anvilfolk, remember this tale?

Anvilfolk, you're the best. Thank you for building this bridge for all of us to share our experiences.

So, the thing is this (is a big one):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's about time I bring her again: my dear friend's scholarship became unavailable for reasons that I don't find necessary to explain in this thread. She became lulled and depressive after that, but I tried to talk to her regularly to keep a check on her activities and feelings. At the beginning of this year she was commited to find a job where she lives and went to work to a couple of unfortunate gigs... Until recently, when she was about to her CV to a position within her field in a government agency. At first she was unsure about doing it (my friend suffers from anxiety and a case of dire pessimism) but we had long-winded talks about the topic. At the end of the day, she went full on and got the job!

If there's a chance to get it, I would like to have Warhammer: End of Times with Vermintide DLC.

I love this thread, hope to see more people posting here and sharing their love with the community! At least for the sake of free games :P
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »

PTW. I'll be on the lookout for opportunities to do good.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:05 pm »

So, uh, I just tried to redeem the key for steamworld, and humble bundle says it's already been redeemed.

Might you have sent me the wrong key? I see that steamworld: heist is on your list twice...
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »

Thanks for sharing your experiences! It isn't easy to do on the internet, and I do hope that you find yourself workings towards better mental health and confidence <3

I can definitely see how folks might feel that this is selling stories for games :( I'm not super sure what to do about it... I guess somehow I'm hoping that by people challenging themselves to do and talk about the good and vulnerable things they do, it becomes more commonplace behavior? I'm kinda done with the glorification and attention given to crap behavior :/

Feel free to pick a game if you ever want to!

i have taken for free an old woman on my taxi:

can take RIVE?

Sent!

tl;dr- My part-time gig is helping a future hikikomori become not a hikikomori.

Oops, it takes me a while to get back to the giveaway. Guess I was a tad too long! Feel free to look into any of the other games :)

Also, regarding the chubby part: one of my chubby women friends is a total beast as far as strength and stamina are concerned, so I wouldn't judge a book by its cover :) And another runs marathons. Fat/chubbiness isn't a great indicator!

Well, this will be abuse, I believe, but nevertheless I really want to try that, since we got amnesty on grabbing keys.

It is a little bit! ;) I'm also surprised that it's a custom to ask hitchhikers for money! I guess I always thought of hitchhiking as a freebie thing!

I'm gonna give other folks priority on the bigger, more expensive games, but if you wanna pick something a tad cheaper it'll be fine :) I would also really like to give games to the folks directly contributing to the thread, not to friends :)

I drove someone home from school today when their car broke down.
I know you said you were clearing the board, but I only posted a page ago, so if that's still too soon, don't give me a key.

Same as ELF-rhymer above!

I came out to a friend who came out to me alongsidr actual consoling to comfort them.

In case ELFrhymers request is actually cheating, I wany you to send XCOM 2 to him on my behalf. I'll collect Vermintide otherwise.

Folks who got games not too long ago can pick cheaper games. I'd really like the more expensive ones to go to folks who haven't gotten anything yet!

Let me know if you're still up for Vermintide or you want something else!

So, Anvilfolk, remember this tale?

If there's a chance to get it, I would like to have Warhammer: End of Times with Vermintide DLC.

I love this thread, hope to see more people posting here and sharing their love with the community! At least for the sake of free games :P

I do!

Though, uh, looks like we're developing a big ol' train of dependencies! Let's see what BlackHeartKabal has to say about Vermintide, then you can pick! Is that OK? I definitely don't want to start a thing where we compare people's deeds to figure out priorities, that's just no good :)

So, uh, I just tried to redeem the key for steamworld, and humble bundle says it's already been redeemed.

Might you have sent me the wrong key? I see that steamworld: heist is on your list twice...

It's actually in there just once, for the February Monthly Bundle, and I'm pretty sure I only sent the link to you. No idea what's happening! :/ I submitted a ticket at Humble Bundle so they can hopefully help us figure it out!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8