Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)  (Read 23844 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Vulnerability, Community and Connection Giveaway! (VCCG?)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 04:15:12 pm »

After reading this thread, I decided I'd reconnect with my alcoholic parent, who my other siblings have given up on, and try to give her a second chance after she tried to hurt my brother last year. She says she's changed, and she sounded sincere over the phone, so we're going out to lunch on the 17th.

I'm thinking Space Engineers, since I've heard lots of good things about it and the people on the Bay12 Discord server seem to enjoy playing it.

Edit [11/27]: It was a pleasant lunch.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:15:01 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:28 pm »

I saw a homeless person in the street near my house who was homeless and needed a ride to a local gas station. I picked up her stuff and walked down to the gas station with her, gave her a dollar for a drink and shared a cigarette with her, and from there I walked home. So, that's my good deed but I already have so many games I don't need any more. So if I qualify on this one I'm passing it on to the next poster that wants to claim a game, if that's okay.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 06:33:34 pm »

I volunteered at a local school for the past year and read books with two boys who had/have trouble reading (3rd grade). They could choose the book from a couple I had gotten from the library. After reading something else at first one settled for "The Magic Treehouse" series (which I found boring, but I probably would have read it as a kid as well), the other actually chose Astrid Lindgren's "Mio, my son", a book that I loved then and now. (Seeing the English title for the first time is weird, because it misses the repetition that is a big part of the writing style.)
Now they are 4th grade and don't have enough time anymore, because it is the last year of primary school here.

If I get a game I would love Qvadriga.

And regardless of the outcome you are doing something awesome here Anvilfolk!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 07:11:47 pm »

Games sent. You folks humble me. Thank you so much.

I saw a homeless person in the street near my house who was homeless and needed a ride to a local gas station. I picked up her stuff and walked down to the gas station with her, gave her a dollar for a drink and shared a cigarette with her, and from there I walked home. So, that's my good deed but I already have so many games I don't need any more. So if I qualify on this one I'm passing it on to the next poster that wants to claim a game, if that's okay.

I'd love it if people were to try to be a little vulnerable anyway, but that was lovely, so whoever wants a game, grab it :)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »

Thank you!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:57 pm »

Don't think I can get more than one game, but just wanted to share anyway.

Going to a rubbish cleanup in the weekend, to help clean a walkway (covered in litter) with some others! :D
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 10:20:53 pm »

@Anvilfolk:Give yourself a game.  You deserve it for doing this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 10:27:11 pm »

Don't think I can get more than one game, but just wanted to share anyway.

Going to a rubbish cleanup in the weekend, to help clean a walkway (covered in litter) with some others! :D

That's wonderful! I think we're sticking to a one-game-per-person policy for now - but sharing is always encouraged, and at some point we're likely letting folks get more games :)

@Anvilfolk:Give yourself a game.  You deserve it for doing this.

Haha, getting too many games is what made us get into this mess in the first place! My execute control was down today, so I did buy one (Football Tactics, 20% off, but I love supporting awesome tactics games). Sigh!

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »

Anvilfolk, you're the best. Thank you for building this bridge for all of us to share our experiences.

So, the thing is this (is a big one):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 08:56:52 am »

That's super heartwarming. One of the most difficult things in love/crushes is learning and committing to letting go. That's true especially if there are still feelings and some sort of relationship, like friendship involved. I am so happy and proud you found it in yourself to do the things you did <3

Pick a game, friend!

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 09:20:42 am »

I came out as trans to my parents (it went fine!). I would describe myself as semi-closeted at the moment. Prior to telling my parents I only ever told people when it was contextually relevant.

That's awesome! Go you, and go your parents! :D Being out and involved is super powerful too - thanks a ton for doing this! I have a couple of identities I'm largely closeted about because people have tended to go "after" my cherished ones and insist on making them feel bad. Hate them closets, but it's a choice that I think makes a lot of sense right now. Keeping that in mind for the US's National Coming Out Day (tomorrow!).

Pick a game! :D

I`ll grab Hotline Miami 2 if you don`t mind! And in my opinion you know what is best for you. Choosing to stay quiet about a part of yourself in certain sections of your life is a judgement call that shouldn`t be stigmatized. If you ever need to talk to someone shoot me a message, I know how hard it can be.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 09:51:46 am »

Always wanted to try Prison Architect.

Funny how our experiences differ so much. I guess it depends on where you go.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 11:33:52 am »

The person sitting beside me at a lecture had a bad headache, so the person beside him gave him a tablet. I thought that was nice, so when it turned out he hadn't brought his wallet and couldn't buy himself a drink to wash it down, I bought him a drink. Then we sat and talked about metal bands and Vikings, which was fun.
Not sure if that counts, as it was a pretty small gesture, but hey.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 09:56:21 am »

Always wanted to try Prison Architect.

Funny how our experiences differ so much. I guess it depends on where you go.

Game sent! :)

The person sitting beside me at a lecture had a bad headache, so the person beside him gave him a tablet. I thought that was nice, so when it turned out he hadn't brought his wallet and couldn't buy himself a drink to wash it down, I bought him a drink. Then we sat and talked about metal bands and Vikings, which was fun.
Not sure if that counts, as it was a pretty small gesture, but hey.

That was nice! Also, metaaaaaaaaaaaaal! \m/ Pick a game!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 10:00:56 am »

Oh, thanks.  :)
To be appropriate to both my name and this forum, a Game of Dwarves?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8