Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shanum Asthidencoth -You choose his fate.  (Read 928 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Shanum Asthidencoth -You choose his fate.
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asi listened as Shanum told her about his vision ''Armok came to me in a vision, and told me to go to the hamlet of Hopperpeaked, and I know I must do it!'' When Shanum said he was going to do something, he would do it.''Very well,'' She said, ''Take what you need, and begin on your journy.'' Shanum's face was full of excitement, and happiness, and all sorts of other emotions.''Thank you so much,'' he said. He then started rummaging through the piles of unused stuff in the hall, looking for armour and a weaponry. As he was doing it, he felt a hand on his shoulder, ''Think we're going to let you go alone?'' He turned around, it was Ngojo and Mistir, and were they offering to come with him? ''You want to come to?'' he said hopefully. His answer was in Mistir's big grin, he only grinned like that when he was about to do something exciting. ''Yes, we are,'' said Ngojo , throwing a full set of armour and sword and shield at him ''Now put the armour on, and we can go.'' It took him a while to put the armour on, but he manged in the end. Then, they set of on their journey. They traveled far in the first day, in which they trained by hunting turtles. They rested near a Dwarf hillock, for some safety, and they managed to sleep through the night without incident. However, one the second night, Mistir went missing. They later found his mutilated corpse by the river, where he had probabaly been ambushed by crocodiles while trying to find water. Ngojo buried him later that night. On the third day, they found a waterfall, which Shanum fell in. Luckily, he was a very good swimmer,and got out no problem.Ngojo smiled ''I think you needed a bath anyway!'' They both fell over laughing, forgetting about Mistir's death for a second. Shanum sighed, ''It's a pity Mistir's dead, he would of loved to see this waterfall,'' he gestured behind him ''But death can happen at any time, If I wasn't a good swimmer I could of died just now, when I fell in the waterfall.'' Ngojo scratched his stubble thoughtfully ''A great hero can trip and die, and an unknown person could save the world, yet it's very rare for the real heroes to ever be known.'' With that to think about, they continued on their journey to Hopperpeaked. When they were only an hour away from Hopperpeaked, Shanum realised how quite it was. The birds weren't tweeting, all the wildlife was silent. He also had a very big feeling that he was being watched ''Ngojo, I think we are being hunted by-''
A loud roar filled the air, and two creatures leapt at them, as Shanum finished his sentence ''LIIIOOONS!''. He drew his sword as fast as he could, and stepped forward to intercept the lions, cutting one's head off before chopping the other in half. ''RUUUUUN!'' he yelled at Ngojo as the other lions roared with anger, and they ran as fast as they possibly could. Shanum kept looking over his shoulder, and each time they got closer, he knew he was doomed, but if he just ran a little bit longer... Suddenly, a hail of arrows rained down on the lions, killing half of them and causing the other half to flee. A man leapt down from a tree, smiling ''Hello, and welcome to Hopperpeaked, land of the lions!'' He chuckled at his on joke. ''My name's Cuthroz, and you fit the description of who someone very special wants to see, so come with me'' He started walking to what looked like a small castle, ''I also like rhymes, especially when they're mine!''. As they walked to the mini-castle, Cuthroz continued to say rhymes, both good and bad. When they finally got there he said ''Walk right in, it's not an inn!'' Shanum walked in, and saw a throne at the end of a long hallway, with someone in a cloak sitting on it. I am one of the 10 avatars of Armok, creatures made from pieces of Armok himself. While we usually hold the most of his power, in the transfer alot of it escaped, creating Minor gods, and demigods, like you.He points at Shanum One of those minor gods let the power get to his head, and started systematically destroying this world, creating creatures called 'goblins' to serve him. His name was Ettad when he was mortal, but he changed it to Glako when he became a god. He thought a great war against Armok, which Armok won. Over the years the Demigods have been picked off, one by one, by Glako cultists. While they could try to recruit the Demigods, they know it will not work. These cultists have called themselves 'The Order of Glako', and they are close to bringing Ettad back to this world. You, are the only human with enough of Armok's power to threaten these cultists. There is also a dwarf with enough power to threaten the Order of Glako, but he is busy running a fortress at the moment. Head to the town of Smiletomb, where one of the bigger cultist groups is, and punish them for their wrong allegiance, or try to convince them to see reason.''I-I will'' Stammered Shanum.

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shanum Asthidencoth -You choose his fate.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:34:37 pm »

Definitely reason first :D

I'm enjoying your story, but one request is to add a couple of paragraph breaks.  It will make the reading easier.  Looking forward to the next installment!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:57:30 pm »

Ngojo yawned, ''I'm thirsty, and we need a place to rest,'' he said ''So let's set up camp near the river up ahead.'' Shanum smiled, and was about to not when he remembered the incident with Mistir. While he did not know Mistir and Ngojo very well, they just sort of came with him, it was still horrible to see another human being die. He remembered the body, torn to pieces, and shivered, ''Wait Ngojo, maybe we should-'' He heard a blood curdling scream, and looked up, to see that Ngojo had already run to the river, and was being attacked by crocodiles. He drew his sword and immediatly started sprintint towards Ngojo, as Cuthroz's arrows flew past him, hitting the crocodiles in the head, and almost killing it. He jumped forward, cutting the crocodile's head off, before turning around to help-''Oh my god...'' He put his hand to his mouth because he could see Ngojo's brain almost perfectly, and it was not a pretty sight. He started vomiting everywhere, in the river, on the crocodile's corpse, on Ngojo's corpse, on himself, everywhere. Cuthroz put his hand on Shanum's shoulder, saying ''It's all right, it's all right...'' They buried him later that day. Apart from that, not much happened until they got to Smiletomb.

They slowly approached the ruin of a fortress, Smiletomb. The gaurds looked at them as they came near. One of them stepped forward, saying ''Halt, who goes there?'' He was a muscular looking man, who was wearing nothing except a loin cloth. He had long black hair and a very long nose, which stood out from his square face. While he did look hillarious, he's also not the type of person you would want to insult, as his muscles suggest. The other guard however, was extremely thin, wearing a black cloak, that completely obscured what he looked like. As he turned Shanum saw a glimpse of metal underneath the cloak, almost certainly a weapon. Shanum cleared his throat, and began his preaching (1) ''My name is Shanum, and I am here to stop you from your dangerous path, and make you see the light of Armok!'' The big muscular guy laughed, and raised his fists, starting the fight.

Cuthroz fired immediatly fire an arrows at his arm, digging deep into the bone, while Shanum punched him in the face, breaking his teeth. ''Gaaah, REINFORCMENTS FOR SETDUK AND UTESH NOW!'' They both backed up as more men poured forward. Then the thin man started scolding the big guy''How many times must I tell you Setduk, say MY name first!'' Setduk just shrugged, and they both leapt back into the fight. Shanum dodged a spear, blocked a sword, parried an axe, and then chopped the axedwarf's head off. Cuthroz rapidly fired arrows, while back pedaling as fast as he could. There were so many of them, Shanum felt overwhelmed and started to panic a bit. Suddenly, he felt all his panic dissapear, and it was replaced with pure rage and determination. He become a blur, limbs were flying everywhere! Cuthroz, Setduk, and Utesh just stopped where they were with amazment, until every single on of the reinforcments was dead. Shanum, looked at the corpses, and then slowly raised his head to look at Setduk and Utesh, revealing bright green eyes. ''Uhhh, BYE!'' screamed Setduk, as they both turned tail and fled into the distance. When they were far enough away that they couldn't see Shanum, he fell onto his knees, and stared at the carnage he had caused like a janitor looks at a mile of vomit, disgusted. Cuthroz cleared his throat ''Thanks for my next poem,
20 men attacked Shanum
They all died a gruesome death
It definetely wasn't fun
And when he was done Shanum was out of breath!

Many wounds he took
Still he kept fighting
It was like something out of a book
He sent the remaning two... ''
He stroked his beard thoughtfully ''Hiking?''

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 01:50:22 am »

Is noone going to choose what he does? If you guy don't choose today, I will.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 01:05:17 pm »

Go inside the village, plunder their berries.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 04:13:05 am »

I am going on holiday for a while.