Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 27144 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Right into the Soup (I fixed it!)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 11:44:58 am »

Carefully holding her breath to avoid its wretched smell, Emilia twists in the grip of the Monkeybee. Whipping the dagger in her right hand around and attempting to bury it to the hilt in the foul creature's head, she attempts to kill it instantly. Or at least cause its hold to slacken enough to escape.

She was also a bit curious about the flapping sound, but the things trying to kill and eat her were probably more important.

Attack grappling enemy with one dagger. If the attack does at least 1 damage, leave it stuck inside the monkeybee.
Resist grapple.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:39:46 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Debt, Anders thought, was a funny thing. With money, property, and value, he understood the concept perfectly. Here... He wasn't so sure. This was probably a good thing.
Also, Ow. Apparently that had been an attack, not the delivery of a delicious meal as Anders had initially suspected.

Move to K8
Lethal Strike the Vespine-Langur grappling Emilia
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Debt, Anders thought, was a funny thing. With money, property, and value, he understood the concept perfectly. Here... He wasn't so sure. This was probably a good thing.
Also, Ow. Apparently that had been an attack, not the delivery of a delicious meal as Anders had initially suspected.

Move to K8

Anders considers his action is likely going to test his skills quite a bit. A flat out run, ending in leap and a clamber up 20 ft of slick jungle boulder and foliage, putting him in place for a successful attack...it won't be easy.

This movement will require a successful DC 20 (very hard difficulty) agility check

He also still has to consider if he's going to keep his haste spell in action...it could give him an advantage here. Of course, he's already injured...

btw, Anders still has a choice to make!
~Gain haste effect as usual, but take 1d4 damage from the strain every round you use it
~Safely cancel the spell before it harms him.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:25:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Keep the haste up until end of round for the advantage, then dispel.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Oh, oh! That looked like it hurt! Are you alright?" Wen-Tsu blinked as her ally was half-brained by a oversized nut. "Don't worry! I can fix that right up, with the lovingly kiss of the moon!"

She took a few steps and lifted a hand, before poking Anders on the forehead.
"You'll be good as new!"

Get noble companion in the way of further missiles by moving to E12, then autosucceed at casting regeneration on him due to feat
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:34:01 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I know my turn not for like, a billion initiative changes, but I figure it's notabeely unlikely that my action would change, so I'll post one now.))

Moubu pushed himself past the dizziness and starvation for the shipwreck, here, now, in combat, there was no time to bow to the weakness of the flesh! He felt the rush of energy all over his body the numerous scraps and bruises from the crash faded and disappear! He was just readying himself for a defiant shout at his adversaries when they crushed into him, smashing his body to the ground and driving the air from his lungs! He didn't lay down on the ground for long though! A snarl ripped itself from his mouth as he struggled to push himself upward and forward at the bee that had knocked him down! Eschewing any fancy techniques he simply launched himself at the beast, trying to crush it though pure weight and strength alone!

Accept regeneration at cost of fatigue.
Move action: Resist Banes.
Major action: Use Might 4 to attack Monkeybee that knocked Moubu down.
Minor action: Sustain Regeneration.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

((PTW))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Skelebro continues his previous action.

Balecar immobilizes one of the bees (preferably one that is flying quite high) so that it will fall to the ground and take damage (and be in-range of the melee-focused members of the group).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, oh! That looked like it hurt! Are you alright?" Wen-Tsu blinked as her ally was half-brained by a oversized nut. "Don't worry! I can fix that right up, with the lovingly kiss of the moon!"

She took a few steps and lifted a hand, before poking Anders on the forehead.
"You'll be good as new!"

Get noble companion in the way of further missiles by moving to E12, then autosucceed at casting regeneration on him due to feat

Wen-Tsu gives Anders a moon-poke that bathes him in silvery glittering illumination. He's much prettier now!

Effects:Anders gains Regeneration I!
Anders gains Moon Sparkles!

Move to K8

+3 HP
-1 HP

In retrospect, the combination of the Moon-Feys healing magic, and the constant drain on his life force from the spells creates an interesting struggle of duality. He seems to be gaining and losing his life simultaneously, both alive and dead, dying, and yet immortal-sleeping and waking, dying-yet dreaming. An interesting, indeed, natural state he might think...he breaks into a sprint pondering imponderables, his hasted speed giving him the momentum he needs to reach his target...

[Time to run. (Advantage 1 from Haste)
DC 20 vs Agility 1d6+1d6+1d6+1d20 (2+4+2+19)=25],

Ascension! He manages to sprint across the field with a blur of inhuman movement, his body briefly warping to the outsiders view-becoming hunched and misshapen, like an eel or some sort of serpent...he clears the jump nearly flawlessly, landing with boneless pounce beside the Monkeywasp who is trying to strangle Emilia.

[Ruin. (Advantage 1 from Lethal Strikes)
DC 13 vs Agility 1d6+1d6+1d6+1d20 (2+1+3+17)=21]

Monkeybee takes 8 damage!

The beast is well skewered by his dagger, shrieking in pain. Musical!

Carefully holding her breath to avoid its wretched smell, Emilia twists in the grip of the Monkeybee. Whipping the dagger in her right hand around and attempting to bury it to the hilt in the foul creature's head, she attempts to kill it instantly. Or at least cause its hold to slacken enough to escape.

She was also a bit curious about the flapping sound, but the things trying to kill and eat her were probably more important.

Attack grappling enemy with one dagger. If the attack does at least 1 damage, leave it stuck inside the monkeybee.
Resist grapple.

Emilia doesn't hear or see the blur behind her, though she sees the agony as a dagger plunges into the monkeywasps vulnerable wing juncture. The beast begins thrashing wildly!

[Dagger Strike!)
DC 13 vs Agility 2d6+1d20 (5+7)=12]
, Miss!

[Escape Grapple!)
DC 10 vs 1d20=20]
, Success!

(Emilia can move 15ft as a minor action on this turn for escaping a grapple)

She is unable to reach her dagger to strike it into the creature-it takes both her hands to force the creature away from her face, and send it hurling away from her with an impressive display of strength. Of course, it sends her hurling too! Emilia manages to grab a vine, however-she'll be able to use her momentum if she needs to.

Skelebro continues his previous action.

Balecar immobilizes one of the bees (preferably one that is flying quite high) so that it will fall to the ground and take damage (and be in-range of the melee-focused members of the group).

Skelebro continues to slug through the swamp, with the occasional small teleport. The frog-being, reacting in terror, tries to paddle away. Both of them are still steadily sinking.

Are you sure it was smart to send the skeletal horror to rescue the native?

Atath meanwhile, aims his magic at the waspape who is heavily wounded.

[Bring him down!)
DC 13 vs Entropy 2d6+1d20 (6+4)=10]
, Miss!

Since he didn't describe his actions very well, I can't really explain how he failed, just that he did.

Fix the stupid bow and make a mental note to have words with its vendor when I return. Then shoot the immobilised apebee, maybe it won't go as wrong.

"If the damn thing can talk... Looks like an eejit, to me," Jao mumbled to himself.

Jao patently remembers the merchant who sold him the bow. It was a shady looking Desert Elf, and his brutish hammer wielding bodyguard...

"This bow is being, one of the finest qualities of weaponry, my diminutive friend." He said. "A truth I speak, for it has the lifetime of the guarantees-if you should fail, and somehow you are on who will still be the living, come back! And this one will make sure you are...repaid...in full."

He had tried to haggle, but they were having none of it.

"You buy now, zhen leave." The bodyguard had said, raising her hammer menacingly. The Merchant had merely pretended to inspect his fingernails.

"Excellent purchasing, little friend! A good business to be done with you-but, might a man interest you in some arrows? Being the ones, that are very cheap!"

He promises not to get mixed up with those two again.

[Arrow Shot!)
DC 13 vs Agility 1d8+1d20 (2+4)=6]
, Miss!

His shoddy black market arrow corkscrews into a nearby tree.

((I know my turn not for like, a billion initiative changes, but I figure it's notabeely unlikely that my action would change, so I'll post one now.))

Moubu pushed himself past the dizziness and starvation for the shipwreck, here, now, in combat, there was no time to bow to the weakness of the flesh! He felt the rush of energy all over his body the numerous scraps and bruises from the crash faded and disappear! He was just readying himself for a defiant shout at his adversaries when they crushed into him, smashing his body to the ground and driving the air from his lungs! He didn't lay down on the ground for long though! A snarl ripped itself from his mouth as he struggled to push himself upward and forward at the bee that had knocked him down! Eschewing any fancy techniques he simply launched himself at the beast, trying to crush it though pure weight and strength alone!

Accept regeneration at cost of fatigue.
Move action: Resist Banes.
Major action: Use Might 4 to attack Monkeybee that knocked Moubu down.
Minor action: Sustain Regeneration.

[Get off the ground, you clown!)
DC 10 vs 1d20=15]
, Success!

Moubu rises from the dirt, an inspiration to meatshields everywhere.

[Moubu Smash!)
DC 13 vs Might 1d10+1d20 (5+17)=22]
, hit!

Monkeybee takes 9 damage!

He then proceeds to cave in the horrible monkeywasps head with a satisfying crunch!

Monkeybees turn

Three Waspapes attempts to swarm Moubu from three different sides! Including the little scared one.

[Monkeybee Claw attack!
Moubu Toughness 22 vs MB Might 1d8+1d20 (7+4)=11, evade!]
[Monkeybee Claw attack! (Disadvantage 1)
Moubu Toughness 22 vs MB Might 1d8+1d8+1d20 (7+7+11)=18, evade!]
[Monkeybee Claw attack!
Moubu Toughness 22 vs MB Might 1d8+1d20 (1+11)=2, evade!]

Though the monkey-claws strike from all sides, his heavy armor and natural instincts, long trained from his years at war finally kick in. He manages to fend them all off without so much as a scratch!

The badly injured grappling apebee has had quite enough of all this, thank you very much. In an act of petty vengeance, he tries to flee the map and deny the heroes EXP from killing him! (is there EXP in this game?)

Unfortunately, the triggers attacks of opportunity from both Emilia and Anders.

[More Ruin! (Advantage 1 from Lethal Strikes)
DC 13 vs Agility 1d6+1d6+1d6+1d20 (3+6+6+20, +1d6=5, +1d6=1, +1d20=5)=43?!]

Monkeybee takes 43 damage!

The reaction is...somewhat disturbing. Anders quite literally deletes the thing from existence, blasting the monkeywasp to pieces. Steaming monkeychunks EVERYWHERE.

Most of them land on Emilia.

The remaining two monkeybees want no more of that-they screech wildly, in absolute terror, and begin winging North at max speed, crashing off trees and knocking into things. They'll escape in one turn unless stopped.

Turns up!

Spoiler: Map Legend (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

((Quick Sheets. I'll do the other stuff when I can, this is good for now.))

Wen-Tsu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jao
Emilia
Moubu
Anders
Balecar

Skeleton Monk
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:36:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"See, now you even sparkle as well! It's much better, don't you think?" She sang after Anders, smiling contentedly at her work.

That said, Kermit there was in trouble!

"Mr Frog! Mr Frog!" Wen-Tsu called, her voice ringing clearly across the swamp over the sound of panicking frogman and wasp-orangutans. "Stay still! The spooky skeleton is trying to help you, honest!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Right into the Soup (Oh r'lyeh?)
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

"Mumble bloody mumble, can't rely on no one, eh."

Run as far as possible to the quick sand and then rummage about in my pack for a rope to throw towards the froggy thing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mr Frog! Mr Frog!" Wen-Tsu called, her voice ringing clearly across the swamp over the sound of panicking frogman and wasp-orangutans. "Stay still! The spooky skeleton is trying to help you, honest!"

The frog-being shoots a panicked look back at Wen.

"Blorp?!"

Grik was sure it had been the end of his long road. Didn't his parents and elders always say he would come to a bad end with his ceaseless questions and wandering? This definitely qualified as a bad end. Encircled by bloodthirsty Howlers, sinking in the cold dark mud. He had almost lost hope when the...strangers...had come bursting out of the jungle. He didn't really notice if they were winning or not-as one of them had seemed to direct a bony monster to wade into the mud pit and eat him, as if he needed a third way to potentially die. He had seen such creatures before, near the black rock...his panicked flight (more like a trudge, really) away was interrupted by a cool, clear-yet, entirely alien voice. It sounded only vaguely like a Wapung-woman...he couldn't make any sense of her words. Was she warning him? Threatening him? Or offering help? If they had wanted to kill him, all they would have had to do was wait...

He supposed the bone-creature might be trying to 'help him', but the very idea was utterly terrifying. He realized also that the skeletal thing was sinking also, and if it grabbed him, he'd be dragged down with it-he knew such creatures mindlessly followed orders, not particularly caring about the details-such as if the person they intended to save drowned in their bony grips.

He had a much better chance of escaping on his own than in the grip of that horrible thing...if they wanted to help, why not throw him a vine?

Until then, he was just going to rely on getting himself out of this mess, if he could.

Wen-tsu realized the same thing Grik did, at about the same time.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:17:44 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 10:59:33 pm »

Moubu seemed to be in his element, surrounded by three vicious monsters simultaneously attacking him as he battered them away time and time again with shield and hammer. Despite the grim cast to his face he moved with a grace and lightness, clearly at home and comfortable in this situation. Batting away a monkape with his shield yet again, he lashed out towards the one he had injured previously, striking at it with his hammer!

Minor action: Sustain Regeneration Boon
Major Action: Attack wounded B with Might 4

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 06:50:40 am »

Using the momentum from her escape to dash nimbly across the canopy Emilia pursues one of the fleeing monsters, dropping from above and slashing diagonally across its back.  A longsword or even better a greatsword would have been more apt for such an attack, but the daggers in her hands would have to do.

Move to J4, attack adjacent enemy with Dagger.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 11:47:24 am »

((OOC: Once the battle is pretty much over, I'll just run turns as they are thrown at me))

"Mumble bloody mumble, can't rely on no one, eh."

Run as far as possible to the quick sand and then rummage about in my pack for a rope to throw towards the froggy thing.

Jao moves to 4C, hacking the game by going off the map boundaries for a moment, and returns with a shoddy black market rope in hand-which, he tosses to the frog-being. It blorps in what sounds like true relief and grabs on, halting it's steady sinking.

Unfortunately the floundering skeleton is still trying to 'rescue' him-if it grabs him, it's combined weight might cause them to start sinking again...

Moubu seemed to be in his element, surrounded by three vicious monsters simultaneously attacking him as he battered them away time and time again with shield and hammer. Despite the grim cast to his face he moved with a grace and lightness, clearly at home and comfortable in this situation. Batting away a monkape with his shield yet again, he lashed out towards the one he had injured previously, striking at it with his hammer!

Minor action: Sustain Regeneration Boon
Major Action: Attack wounded B with Might 4

[Moubu decimate!
DC 13 vs Might 1d10+1d20 (4+11)=15], hit!

Monkeybee takes 2 damage!

A light, indeed gentle tap sends the Monkeywasp reeling-but the GM hates when 1 HP critters stick around, so it tries to escape, triggering an opportunity attack!

[Moubu destroy!
DC 13 vs Might 1d10+1d20 (10+12), +1d10 (4) =26], hit!

Monkeybee takes 26 damage! It's died.

Moubu is happy to find the GM hasn't removed exploding dice yet, as he swats it into messy death.

Using the momentum from her escape to dash nimbly across the canopy Emilia pursues one of the fleeing monsters, dropping from above and slashing diagonally across its back.  A longsword or even better a greatsword would have been more apt for such an attack, but the daggers in her hands would have to do.

Move to J4, attack adjacent enemy with Dagger.

Swing~!

[Emilia has wings? (Advantage 1)
DC 13 vs Agility 1d6+1d6+1d6+1d20 (6+3+6+11), +2d6 (5) =28], hit! It's been beesected!

Monkeybee takes 28 damage! Instakill!

[Emilia tries to stay airborne!
DC 15 vs Agility 1d6+1d6+1d20 (5+6+11), +1d6 (4) =26], Pass!

Emilia not only manages to keep her balance on the vine, but she executes a beautiful diagonal slash that neatly bisects the monkeymonster.

((Mini-turn Summary=Bees D6 and J3 are dead. Jao is trying to save the frogbeing with a thrown rope, mostly from his own teammates bony horror.))

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23