Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 27201 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Opportunity Cost
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:09 pm »

As Wen-Tsu chased the moth, she briefly turned so she was bouncing backwards.
Gleefully, she called:
"It's from the moon! Come on, come on!"
Her foot caught, on a root, and she tumbled with a squawk, springing to her feet again none the worse for wear.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2017, 05:25:13 pm »

Her foot caught, on a root, and she tumbled with a squawk, springing to her feet again none the worse for wear.

-1 HP

Wen-Tsu skips through the horrible jungle without a care, totally trusting in the incoming lore dump.

Eventually she loses track of the Moth...and hears a whispering sound above her. It sounds like a voice...a female voice...somewhat familiar...

"Pssssst! Wheaties*! Is it safe to come down? Who are those people following you? The big one looks scary!"

A glance up would reveal a Moon-rabbit shaped figure perching on a branch, however her coloration is all wrong-she seems to be wearing some sort of full-body dress and hood, that changes colors to match the background of whatever she is standing against. So right now she looks like a tree rabbit. Her dark blue eyes seem to frame her face, though, as a familiar one.

*One of Wen-Tsu's nicknames that she may or may not enjoy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:30:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Behold the Plot Rock
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »

"No good, isn't it an illusion like before? When-Tzu?!" Caern continued calling as he began running after the rabbit as well. She might've tripped once while skipping backwards, but the unfortunate half-golem tripped over his feet a couple of times and ended up hitting his face on roots or even tree bark more than once. Far more than once. For the third time in his life, he was glad his teeth were also made of resilient golem materials.

In the end Caern resigned himself to jogging and casting Regeneration on himself in order to avoid further embarrassment, and it was jogging and with a hefty delay that he arrived at the spot Wen-Tsu had finally stopped at.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:36 pm »

There were approximately four rabbits on the moon (or not on the- you knew what she meant) Wen-Tsu knew with blue eyes, and only one that would call her that nickname. Wen-So, the similarly-named fay that had been a playmate when Wen-Tsu had been Wen-Tiny.

Wen-Tsu skidded to a halt at the base of the tree.
Even the nickname couldn't dampen her enthusiasm at meeting one of her fellow moon-fey, though she looked around furtively to make sure none of the others were in earshot.
"Come on, So-so, don't call me that! What if my friends hear?"

She grinned.
"They're all fine. It's safe! As safe as anywhere in the jungle, but there's also evil shadow clouds about so I'd be careful up there.

The people following me are friends! I don't think they look scary. They're dashing! The one with the vegetable on his head is kind of boring, but the others are nice. And I'm giving a cool impression, so you can't call me Wheaties in front of them, ok?"

A sinister look entered the lagomorphic lady as she contemplated punishments in case of transgression. The memory of an old sleepover came to mind.
"If you do, I'll... sneak bugs into your hood! Squirmy ones. We fought some giant ones earlier, though they were also kind of monkeys."
She shrugged, and stuck her tongue out teasingly to take any bite out of her words.
"It's a strange island."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2017, 08:01:44 pm »

Wen-So seems to trust her, so she slides down the tree and removes her hood. To the others in the party, not used to chameleonic Moon-rabbit armor, it looks like a floating head just popped into view.

Granted, it's a nice looking head. She could almost be Wen-Tsu's sister (which might actually be true, considering how moon rabbits are)-she is a bit taller, her hair a bit darker at the tips, and her left ear always flops down no matter how much she tries to straighten it.

"Strange island, you're not telling me anything I don't know! There's some sort of Magio-Aetheric pan-translocative tao-barrier around this place...hard to get in, harder to get out. I just barely managed to open a door with my astral paradox blade!

I'm glad you're safe though, we've all been worried once you fell off the grid..."

Too bad Wen-Tsu failed her translocation classes, just like she failed her gardening lessons-Daydreaming. An astral paradox blade would be really useful about now...Wen-So gives her old friend a big hug, and rubs noses to boot. A true Moon Rabbit greeting!

She steps back, and the big-white moon moth flutters back into view and alights upon Wen-So's upraised hand.

"...Also, I happen to like bugs, if you'll remember...Earth bugs are really small, though. You have to search really hard to find any that are big enough for a decent meal.

Anyway, I'd like to talk more Ms. Tsu, but I sense you're in a hurry. What with the shadow-demons and all. And, I'd like to get out of here before the sunlight toasts little my Friction here...not that I wouldn't mind meeting and greeting all your friends, but they seem scary to me. Especially the Grey one! But, I guess scary is good against other scary things, right?"
She says thoughtfully, giving the moth a little chin rub.

"So, I've got good news and bad news! Which one would you like to hear first?" She says cheerfully.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2017, 07:35:09 am »

"Yoohoo! Rabbity chap? Where are you off to? Don't split the group, young man! Come on Grik, we'd better go and see what's going on."

Father Jao had better go and rescue them, eh.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Behold the Plot Rock
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:45 am »

After arriving at the scene, Caern took a few steps back and crossed his arms to watch the interaction between the rabbits. Or between their rabbit companion and a disembodied rabbit's head. He really wanted to know what was going on, but since Wen-Tsu didn't appear to be in peril, he assumed talking heads were common among the rabbit people. It sure looked strange, but he wasn't particularly learned when it came to different cultures.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:26 am »

"Yoohoo! Rabbity chap? Where are you off to? Don't split the group, young man! Come on Grik, we'd better go and see what's going on."

Father Jao had better go and rescue them, eh.

Grik points to the scene right in front of them.

"We are already here to see! Must be faster acting, small-human Jao."

Pff.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2017, 11:20:34 am »

"Oh right. Yes. Of course. I was so busy splendouring in the marvelment of the Great Garl and his kindesses that I forgot where I was or what I could see. It happens very often to the very saintly, you know, that kind of thing. Does that mean I just heard that charming rabbit call me boring, or was he talking about the other person, the one with a non-Holy Vegetable upon his head? I will assume the later, for I am right fecking Tolerant, and Good."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2017, 11:59:28 am »

Grik nods.

"Grik assumes your rabbit-friend is merely being obstreperous, as is her way of being."

Nice to get a grasp on this frog-language. He missed so much of the belch-nuance before.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2017, 12:17:12 pm »

Moubu watched the strange scene of yet another strange rabbit being meeting with Wen-Tsu. His eyes twitched as he looked around the Jungle. Seemingly satisfied in what he did or didn't see he let go a of a deep sigh, letting the collected magic stream out of his body. Eyes flashing green as he resettled his weapon and let himself straighten up to his full height. Letting himself relax slightly, he seemed content to wait and see what Wen-Tsu and her friend would tell the rest of the group.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »

"You like most bugs. I remember the centipede incident!"
She subtly dug her toes into the ground to quietly grow nettles up Jao's trouser leg for calling her a man as she clasped Wen-So's hand.
"There's no need to worry about me, So-So. You know I can take care of myself... now. Good news first, of course!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »

"The good news is that I met a handsome lawyer! We're dating!" She says with a dreamy nod. So-So always went for brains over brawn!

What she says after is barely able to be followed in our medium, but it's familiar enough to anyone who has seen two women chattering away about absolutely important emotional matters. What follows is a thankfully shortened version of her rambling half self monologue and half friendly gloating.

"...He's just the nicest fella you ever met...nice broad shoulders, hmm...he makes 10,000 gold a year, and he's not even a partner in the firm yet...bought me a luxury butterfly net for my birthday, how did he know?!....pro-bono work helping young Street-Halflings...drives a palomino, her name is Chestnut, she's very nice and loves sugar cubes...he works out, is totally buff-he could probably tackle your party Orc over there right down to the ground...loves spicy food, just like me! Maybe it's a self-punishment thing?...Very good sense of style, let's just say I don't have to help him pick out a tie...I haven't got around to asking him about going to the moon, when I bring up he assumes it's a euphemism...Pretty green eyes, very twinkly like stars...I think his dad was a Paladin...totally a night owl...avid reader, but mostly the romantic sort of stuff you like, ugh...not even weirded out by the bugs for dinner, I mean they usually don't ask for a second date after that..."

She seems very happy. Absolutely glowing! Like, literally glowing. Moon-Rabbits are weird.

"...Anyway, enough about me, what about you? No luck in your love life?" She says with a sarcastic lilt, as the horrible jungle creatures gather around the party.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Moonbeam Daydreams
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2017, 07:30:46 pm »

Without any interest in eavesdropping on the rabbits' chat—his parents had given him a good education—and never one to just stand still and wait, Caern began shadowboxing, weaving and bobbing while doling out punches and kicks at an invisible enemy.

"I'm hopin' we're not the only livin' people from the wreck." He finally said after executing a jaw-breaking uppercut against his inexistent foe. "For one, I'd hate if that drunkard of a captain died. Another thing to pin on that somethin' or other people are fightin' over."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Moonbeam Daydreams
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2017, 07:39:09 pm »

Without any interest in eavesdropping on the rabbits' chat—his parents had given him a good education—and never one to just stand still and wait, Caern began shadowboxing, weaving and bobbing while doling out punches and kicks at an invisible enemy.

"I'm hopin' we're not the only livin' people from the wreck." He finally said after executing a jaw-breaking uppercut against his inexistent foe. "For one, I'd hate if that drunkard of a captain died. Another thing to pin on that somethin' or other people are fightin' over."

Caern can't be for sure if anyone else did, but he thinks they might have. The swim to the island was, in retrospect, a lot easier than it should have been-almost as if the ship had been drawn in closer, before being destroyed, and the currents driving him to the island rather than dragging him down...

That leads to a natural question. What are the chances that five members of the Legendary League would not only only survive, but end up on the same beach, if not for some sort of divine-or maybe infernal-intervention? Him being the exception, of course.

There's room there for hope, however thin it may be.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23