Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 27165 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Right into the Soup (Oh r'lyeh?)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 12:18:44 pm »

Pull on the rope!

"Somebody call off this bleeding skeletruc, yer saft gits!"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 04:17:30 pm »

Skelebro teleports the frog-person next to the vine.

Pull on the rope!

"Somebody call off this bleeding skeletruc, yer saft gits!"
"He knows what he's doing!"

Skelebro is more intelligent than the average skeleton, right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:16 pm »

Move to J5: throw dagger at the apebee that Emilia isn't killing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2016, 11:03:17 am »

Skelebro is more intelligent than the average skeleton, right?

((OOC: You gave him 0 in social and mental skills, so probably not. Are you saying the skeleton is sentient? Right now I'm ruling him as a mindless skele-drone who follows your orders to the letter, but it's perfectly fine if you want him to rebel now and again. :P Also, still need your choice on his equipment, otherwise I'm going to sink him into the quicksand forever for messing up my game.))

Skelebro teleports the frog-person next to the vine.
"He knows what he's doing!"
[/quote]

[Skele-snatch!
DC 14 vs Might 1d6+1d20 (2+17)=19], hit!]

[Skele-teleport?
DC 15 vs Movement 1d8+1d20 (5+18)=23], hit!]

The skeleton violently grabs the frog-being and successfully teleports...a few feet in the air. They immediately fall back down and begin to sink once more.

Are you sure he knows what he's doing?

The Frog logically responds to being grabbed by a horrible monster he was terrified of, with an amazingly powerful haymaker. Little dude has a sweet left hook.

[Frog-punch!
DC 11 vs Might 1d4+1d20 (2+20)=22], hit!]

Skeleton Takes 11 damage!

Move to J5: throw dagger at the apebee that Emilia isn't killing.

Anders flings a Parthian dagger at the retreating monkeybee. I'm not sure I got the reference right.

[Knife-Throw!
DC 13 vs Agility 2d6+1d20 (2+1+10)=13], Miss!]

His aim is true, but the knife merely embeds itself in the monekwasps hind...bulb...rear end thing. It continues to fly out and away, leaving the battle. Interestingly, while ultimately unhurt, the beast is bleeding quite a bit from that throw-it's leaving a nice slimy blood trail through the jungle...

Outro

The final Hover-chimp throws down it's weapons and surrenders! Oh wait, it's actually pretty stupid-it tries to fly away in terror.

Does anyone try to finish the last one off? (1 free attack from all before it escapes)

Also, gig technically has two actions, if only he didn't lack imagination...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:08:53 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"Come back yer cowardly git!"

Try again with the rope rescuing nonsense.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

You want two actions, have two actions :V

"Oh, oh! Stay here please, Mr Bee!"
Wen-Tsu lifted a hand above her head, then swung it down and closed her hand over where she saw the monkeybee.

Another mud hand burst from the soil and closed around the monkeybee, trying to crush it.

"Hmm... maybe I can help Mr Frog, as well..."
She stomped a foot on the ground, and under the frog, the mud began to boy him up a little, making it easier for him to get out of the mud pit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Come back yer cowardly git!"

Try again with the rope rescuing nonsense.
You want two actions, have two actions :V

"Oh, oh! Stay here please, Mr Bee!"
Wen-Tsu lifted a hand above her head, then swung it down and closed her hand over where she saw the monkeybee.

Another mud hand burst from the soil and closed around the monkeybee, trying to crush it.

"Hmm... maybe I can help Mr Frog, as well..."
She stomped a foot on the ground, and under the frog, the mud began to boy him up a little, making it easier for him to get out of the mud pit.

[Wen-chu uses mud slap! It's not very effective...
DC 13 vs Alteration 1d10+1d20 (1+6)=7], Miss!]

Wen makes quite a mess with her attack (moubu is literally coated in a wave of mud), but she doesn't manage to reach high enough to strike the waspape...

[Wen-Tsu boils a friendly NPC
DC 15 vs Alteration 1d10+1d20 (10+8), +1d10=2, =20], Success!]

Her attempt to stabilize the mud is much more successful, however, assuming she did not actually mean to boil him, and instead meant to buoy him.

Combined with Jao's handy rope action, they're in no immediate danger of sinking, but she realizes at the same time the limits of her concentration-she has to drop the regeneration magic upon Anders, sadly causing his sparkles to wink away and be replaced by his usual dank squamousness.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:44:43 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Seeing that the battle is imminently over, Emilia dashes across the canopy and throws a dagger at the retreating monkeyape. The less of those things out in the world, the better. After her shot hits or lands, she drops down from the trees.

Attack retreating dude with thrown dagger (25ft range). Move to wherever that's feasible unless it's over quicksand.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing that the battle is imminently over, Emilia dashes across the canopy and throws a dagger at the retreating monkeyape. The less of those things out in the world, the better. After her shot hits or lands, she drops down from the trees.

Attack retreating dude with thrown dagger (25ft range). Move to wherever that's feasible unless it's over quicksand.

[Knife toss!]
DC 13 vs Agility 2d6+1d20 (6+1+18), +1d6=4, =29], Success!]

Monkeywasp takes 17 damage! Skewered!

Another cunningly tossed dagger flies from Emilia's hands-unlike Anderss, she aims for the creatures head, not it's hind. Her toss is perfectly aimed, impacting the Monkeywaps thick skull with a crunch, piercing through the earhole-poking out it's tiny brain, and killing the beast instantly.

Everyone roll butchery checks!

Battle Victory
Loot!
(5 claimed) 0xVials of Howler Venom: Unidentified Effects. Each vial has three doses that can be applied to a piercing or slashing weapon as a minor action-if that weapon does at least one point of damage, the enemy is affected by the venom. Each dose can only affect an enemy once. It smells very sweet, which is odd, considering their pwn horrible smell. I wonder what it tastes like...

(5 claimed) 0xPiles of Howler Chitin: Taking the time to butcher the beasts and scavenge their armored skin might be worth your time, if you're willing to carry it-such materials may be used to construct creepy looking shields, weird looking medium and heavy armor, or funky looking weaponry, or merely to trade to the natives. It's awfully bulky, though. How do those things carry all that weight around?

(5 claimed) 0xHowler Wings: This nearly see through material is tough and flexible, but it doesn't weigh too much-it seems to be tinged with chaotic magic, acting much lighter than it ought to be, almost is it's repelling the effects of gravity. That probably explains alot. Magic! It could be used to make useful light armor, aerial equipment, or perhaps to barter to the natives.

(2 claimed) 3xHowler Stingers: Functions similar to a dagger in all respects, but it can't be thrown as easily as one-each stinger can be used once before breaking, the residual effects of the howler venom potentially inflicting the sickened condition on any target successfully struck with at least one hit point of damage. It uses a power level of entropy 1 as it's base stat.

((OOC: Remember 1 item=1 inventory slot.))

Reward
+1 XP
Everyone gains 1 Feat Point and 3 Attribute Points!
((Spend these as you will, or save them, when you claim your share of loot))

Players
Spoiler: Anders N'thlei (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Emilia Reginleif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jao Feng Ling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Balecar Silvertongue (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, the frog-person (he has been upgraded from merely a frog-being, and he actually is a he), seems to be trying to indicate his thanks.

"Blorp! Blorp blurp derp burp! Punlop, Grik. Punjok plop derp!" He says, first point to himself, then pointing to Emilia and nodding-he gives a small perfunctory bow to her. He then shakes a tiny fist at the skeleton, shrugging his shoulders before turning to Balecar with his palms out. "Blop blip blorpdurp plip? Blop plop? Woplungo?" He asks.

It's very difficult to tell what he's trying to say, as most of his voice seems to be sibilant frog-croaking. It sounds a bit like something trying to talk with a mouthful of mud.

((OOC: You can use your logic attribute to try and decipher his language, but fair warning, you'll become the party translator for the rest of the campaign if you succeed.))

Wen-Tsu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jao
Emilia
Moubu
Anders
Balecar

Skeleton Monk
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:30:39 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moubu hacks apart the Howler he had beaten to death with his wicked greatsword, the toothed edge of the sword grinding though Chitin and flesh as he separates its skin from from flesh in a gush of blood. Halfway though the process he pauses, reaching though part of the shattered body of the beast. Scraping a globule of flesh from its insides with his fingernails, he brings his gore soaked hand to his mouth, testing the taste of the slain insect. Eventually Moubu finishes his butchery, collecting the interesting parts of the beast.

I'll grab a set of Chitin, a set of wings, and a vial of Venom. Saving all the stat and feat points. Also, how do the monkbee taste?

Moubu grabs a handful of leaves from one of the large jungle trees, using them to wipe the gore from his hands as he walks closer to the Frog like being. Tossing the bloodied leaves into the quicksand he crouches into a squat in front of the frog to bring them face to face. Tilting his head at the frog like being, he raises an eyebrow and a slight frown comes across his face.

"What?!" He asks loudly. "Sounds like you still got muck all up in your mouth!... I'm Moubu." He finishes, pointing to himself. "Grik?! Punlop?!" He asks pointing to the creature. "Where the hell are we?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll grab a set of Chitin, a set of wings, and a vial of Venom. Saving all the stat and feat points. Also, how do the monkbee taste?

It's actually really decent, if you don't mind implied secondhand cannibalism. It's strongest flavor is described as pork sauteed in exotic nut sauce, with the texture of fish-very flaky on the inside, very soft on the inside. Unfortunately, these little ones don't have much meat on them. Hardly enough for a pie!

"What?!" He asks loudly. "Sounds like you still got muck all up in your mouth!... I'm Moubu." He finishes, pointing to himself. "Grik?! Punlop?!" He asks pointing to the creature. "Where the hell are we?"

"Punlop, 'Hell'?" He says, pointing back to you. "'Hell', burp derp glop blop slurp!"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:07:20 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"..." Moubu stares at the creature for a long moment, before sighing and leaning back, sitting on the ground and crossing his legs. "Somehow I think we're not really in hell. And you just don't understand me..." Giving a heavy sigh, Moubu decided to start again. Pointing to himself and simply saying "Moubu." Before pointing towards the Frog thing and cocking his head to the side.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"..." Moubu stares at the creature for a long moment, before sighing and leaning back, sitting on the ground and crossing his legs. "Somehow I think we're not really in hell. And you just don't understand me..." Giving a heavy sigh, Moubu decided to start again. Pointing to himself and simply saying "Moubu." Before pointing towards the Frog thing and cocking his head to the side.

"Punlop, Moubu? Derp Hell Punlop? Punlop plop Hell-bu? Blorp!"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright then. I guess I'll call you Punlop then." Moubu considers how to describe their situation... After a moment he stands up, snaps a branch off a nearby tree and uses it to start sketching out a crude map of the area as he knows it, the nearby beach, the quicksand pit, and the far off stone wall. Finishing it off with a dotted line from the beach to quicksand, he points out the beach with the stick as he waves towards it with his other arm, then towards the pit as he tries to explain. "See, we came from the... Beach. And now where are.... Here." Then gestures around at all the unfilled space on his crude map, shrugging and offering the branch to the frog man.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Frog-persons fingers are nimble and skilled. He quickly improves on the crude design with the proffered stick, mud, and a handful of dry sand-offering at least a simple map of the island he lives on. He adds various small images and words by arranging stones and sticks, but you can understand none of the language. At some point, he spits on the ground-and uses the wetter dirt as a crude indicator of the major river on the island.

He indicate where you are with an X.

He motions toward four places in particular-first, he waves his hand over the entire the upper half of the island (presumably above the cliffs he has indicated) with a strong negative, waving both hands. He's drawn a huge cone shaped mountain, a bunch of ruined stone buildings, and a strange looking black sculpture.

He then points to the Eastern side of the island (with the small images of flat spiked huts), and then the center of the island-he performs a universal gesture at that point-with a grim look, he draws his finger across his throat, and shakes his head.

Finally, he points to the Western side of the map (with image of houses raised on stilts) and points to himself, seeming pleased. He points at it again, with some emphasis.

"Punlop, Grik! Derp blop Wapuny!" He says, an odd sort of pride in his voice.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:49:55 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23