Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mod revival group needed!  (Read 8446 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Mod revival group needed!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 02:01:25 am »

Somebody once told me
I ought to check out Toady
They said "He made a hell of a game!"

They said its pretty !FUN!
If your computer can run
all the files, and Dwarf Fortress is its name,

Well, I cant stop playin, no I cant stop playin,
Its just too good, ya know what im sayin?
Didn't make sense not to play all day long,
And it just got better when I got into mods,
So much to do, so much to see
So many things that want to eat me!
You're missing out if you dont try!
You're missing out on ways to die!

Hey now,
Its Dwarf Fortress,
Get your game on,
get slayed!
Hey now,
Its Dwarf Fortress,
Get your game on,
get slade!
I found adamantium -
oh s*** its a CIRCUS- i am so f***ed
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 02:15:43 am »

Also, looking at creature and interaction raws - i see no reason why it would not work with the current version - im going test the files with a modern version of DF - if, as i suspect, it runs, ill just focus on updating with new interaction/better interaction/new critters/more madness etc. I'd like to know if it is possible add ancient tomes that drive the reader mad 2 weeks after reading them - so that you could have classic relics of insanity, as well as HUGE threats to the fortress.. They would be artifacts or legendaty items, and would have names to indicate their...unique nature. I mean fail to create an artifact mad, dig? like berserk or melancholy. Alsi its midnight, ima sleep inna minute, so i might not reply for a few hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a time before time, the Ogre Shrek began wandering The Dank Swamp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 07:20:04 am »

Alright!

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:47 am »

Really tho, can anyone tell me how to inflict normal Dwarf insanity on things?

In a time before time, the Ogre Shrek began wandering The Dank Swamp.

GENERATION 28:

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 08:16:15 pm »

It would be super neat if Rhenaya's Drow Mod got updated, but I don't know if that would be too much work. It hasn't been updated since 0.34.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 09:00:56 pm »

Essentially it just adds one race, from what I can tell - a few plants to go with, but still, shouldnt be too much work. (Im not doin it tho)
GENERATION 28:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 05:50:48 am »

It would be super neat if Rhenaya's Drow Mod got updated, but I don't know if that would be too much work. It hasn't been updated since 0.34.

0.34 isn't too much work. There's permission to update it, too:

For your information:

Rhenaya sadly died in December 2012, so this thread (and her version of the mod) won't be updated anymore. If anyone wants to take over (especially since this mod is included in Masterwork and the like), feel free. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. She loved Dwarf Fortress and she loved her Drows.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 08:12:20 pm »

oh! Theres a Fallout mod for like 0.34... If work was given up on it, maybe that should be added to the list?~
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 08:46:54 pm »

oh! Theres a Fallout mod for like 0.34... If work was given up on it, maybe that should be added to the list?~
You may to reach out to Deon first. Don't know if he still responds to PMs, but it is worth a try.

EDIT: Mind you, this only applies if you are looking to take his files and update them. If making a fallout mod from scratch and no copied text, you clearly need no permission.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 02:41:46 pm »

sry i havent been able to do any work on the Cthulhu revival so far, been very busy with a mod i just released - i will get on it soon, just have some work in actual programming and my own mod to finish first.
GENERATION 28:

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2017, 06:37:45 pm »

You may to reach out to Deon first. Don't know if he still responds to PMs, but it is worth a try.

EDIT: Mind you, this only applies if you are looking to take his files and update them. If making a fallout mod from scratch and no copied text, you clearly need no permission.

Yeah~ I just wish the mod was for a current version because, Fallout is my childhood, and i've always wanted to start my own vault. The only two ways i have to do that besides RP are Fallout Shelter, which is a buggy mess, and Fallout 4's DLC, which is... a buggy mess. At least with DF the bugs are amusing. Time to see if the dev would mind me trying to update it.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 11:43:46 pm »

How is progress?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2017, 02:09:50 pm »

Very little on Cthulhu Fortress - but i have done most of the work on the writings of The King in Yellow - in essence, to cause a person who has read it to, on a full moon(no its not perfect, but its still quite lovecraftian) turn into a Hastur - which is a megabeast. And he will be right in the middle of your fortress, so he can eat lots of people. I have't done very much on the creature of Hastur, which will be in many ways humanoid, but with some extra appendages and abilities.
GENERATION 28:

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 04:50:38 pm »

Hello everybody, first post here.

I'm obviously not an expert modder, I don't really know what I am doing, but I shared Rekov's feeling about the Rhenaya's drow mod, so I attempted a translation for the last version of the game.
I have an alpha of a working one. "It works" in the sense that it doesn't crash loading, creating worlds and embarking, on Windows, with both Peridexis launcher in 43.03 and in 43.05 alone.
All of the creatures seem to work as they should in Arena, the weapons and tools appear in Arena and in the embarking menus too.

I touched less than half of the files, the creatures, the entity, the weapons.
The work is and will be Rhenaya's, I am trying to use this to learn modding a bit and to somehow contribute if I can, starting with this attempt to make Rhenaya's marvelous work more easily available to the comunity.
I'll try to go on improving this translation with time, and have no problems with anybody else doing the same or something similar with these for the original files.

I was going to include a DFFD link to the zip folder I made from Rhanaya's own, but I'm still waiting the confirmation e-mail. It is midnight in GMT+1, and I'll have to edit it in ASAP.

Cheers folks

EDIT: I was finally able to register to DFFD, here's the link to what's available right now. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12796.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:30:17 pm by Mediterraneo »
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Mediterraneo.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5