Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wasteland 3: figstarter backed!  (Read 3615 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Wasteland 3: figstarter backed!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »

Sorry my bad, I always fuck up that name. It's Tim SCHAFER.

edit

Google searches associated with Tim Schafer amuse me. George Lucas, Peter Molyneaux, Cliff Bleszinski....that's great company the Internet associates him with. :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:42:46 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 02:42:15 pm »

Tim Shaefer
Wait... is he the same Tim Shaefer that was the lead developer of Civ V?
That's Jon Shafer. Tim Schafer's an adventure game developer that now horribly mismanages companies, fails to meet deadlines, cancels early access titles without warning, and puts out average games in the end.

Sorry my bad, I always fuck up that name. It's Tim SHAFER.
Schafer.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 02:43:00 pm »

I just woke up, my attention to detail is shit right now >.>
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 12:59:10 pm »

Wow it really is not going too well this figstarter. Hardly any movement since i first discovered it.

A lot of Wasteland 2 backers must have felt really let down by the end product? Between that and fig being shady i cant really see this getting grossly over funded at all.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 02:45:30 pm »

A lot of Wasteland 2 backers must have felt really let down by the end product? Between that and fig being shady i cant really see this getting grossly over funded at all.
You hit the nail on the head. The whole fig thing seems shady as hell and Wasteland 2 was a massive letdown. If they want to make a 3rd iteration they can use their own money, maybe that will encourage them to make a decent product.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 03:01:11 pm »

I liked wasteland 2, but I wasn't a backer and got it for free from a friend who was.  My only gripe is it felt way to long, but that might just be because I don't play a lot of RPG's.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

You hit the nail on the head. The whole fig thing seems shady as hell and Wasteland 2 was a massive letdown. If they want to make a 3rd iteration they can use their own money, maybe that will encourage them to make a decent product.

They use their own money, most of the game is financed by themselves, I read around $7mil?

And Schafer is Double Fine, not inExile, so while he is part of Fig the game really hasn't anything to do with him.

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »

Brian Fargo is on the board of advisers. Whatever that means. So some sort of connection is there.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 04:15:36 pm »

They use their own money, most of the game is financed by themselves, I read around $7mil?

And that's what 7 million got them? Hell I've seen more interesting games that look better and were more fun to play on Kickstarter made with a fraction of those funds.

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »

And that's what 7 million got them? Hell I've seen more interesting games that look better and were more fun to play on Kickstarter made with a fraction of those funds.

I think Rince Wind means WS3, not WS2, is primarily self funded at 7 mill? I believe WS2 cost $3,033,252 to develop.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:27:26 pm by vikingefar »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 04:26:55 pm »

That would make more sense.

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 04:42:13 pm »

I liked wasteland 2, but I wasn't a backer and got it for free from a friend who was.  My only gripe is it felt way to long, but that might just be because I don't play a lot of RPG's.   :P

I ruined WS2 for myself by participating in the beta, never got to LA due to bugs. And then when the directors cut came out i was STILL fatigued from the shitty combat (even though i had spent a year and a half away from the game), that the pull of experiencing the RPG aspects was simply not enough for me to endure through all the bad combat. It still saddens me that i havent completed WS2, and i really think its the way they padded the game with all that shitty combat that pushed me away from it.

Since then turn based tactical combat has seen even more streamlining in the form of Nucom 2, so i am really worried WS3 will just be crap compared to that.

Maybe if i dont ruin the experience with early access this time, i can enjoy myself... Maybe...

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 10:07:34 pm »

It passed 3 mill so seems we are getting our own Kitt *insert knight rider theme*

Read some stuff about base management and it seems cool the way they want to go about it, making it the main quest hub like that.

The multiplayer seems like something an old school crpg does not need though. Way too much development will go in making that work instead of creating nice combat and cool rich story i think.

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 10:27:58 pm »

So apparently game is in production now.

There is a dev diary here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=1749

Choice info is mentions of an input queue system and Brian Fargo will retire after game is released

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

Oh boy, is the rpgcodex community actually involved at all in this game, or do the devs just post there because it's a popular RPG site?  Because dear god, that place is a festering garbage fire of terribleness.
Pages: 1 [2]