Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872585 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow this is all looking super beautiful. I love it! You're on a roll, Meph :D

I personally would like to see random tiles on engraved stone walls and floor, but not on non-engraved smoothed ones and not on constructed ones. Or, at lest, not big differences - I'm conflicted about the gold wall because I love the detailing but the lack of symmetry is painful. I may be able to rationalise that though because we can't 'engrave' a constructed wall, so that might be a substitute for it, so crack on with that for gold and silver, I guess :) Small cracks and changes in colour for floor would be great, randomly chosen coffins and statues also would be great. Maybe small differences in cabinets and coffers? I usually only place one in each room of a regular dwarf, so it wouldn't annoy my symmetry sense if they were different in different rooms. Random bookcases? And while we're at it, can you make bookcases that are actually filled with books or will that look too busy? My libraries look weird with all those bookcases but no books in them. I don't suppose you can make the game change the sprite to a filled bookshelf when books, quires, scrolls, or codices are put inside a bookcase, can you?

Love the animated workshops, and love the look of that minecraft dwarfy art you used in the gold pack. I still want to contribute, and as soon as I get some time and an idea I totally will - this is just too good to pass on. I'm thinking of some female dwarf statues and coffins, and pondering the glass constructions and furniture.

Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Found a simple solution to the problem: I'll just mod in a Engraver's Shop.

- Engrave rock block.
 - Engrave gold bar.
 - Engrave whatever construction material.

Then build the wall with that to show engravings. This gives people both the option to completely ignore engravings by not having any; and the ability to place them exactly where they like. And it doesn't affect game balance.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Too chaotic? (Bars and blocks)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I love it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's all your fault. :P

Edit: Semimolten rock before and after:

and animated:

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So cool, I love both blocks/bars and lava <3
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too chaotic? (Bars and blocks)
don't mind it, but really doesn't see the point in this
imo, different bar sizes should somehow reflect quantity of objects, which isn't applicable to bars in the first place...

btw, what about different base gold color someone mentioned on prev page?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I guess it looks a bit prettier/more realistic if the items look slightly different from each other, and not perfectly the same.

I can change the gold color values; atm they are exactly how they were in the Dokucraft Dwarven texture pack. It's trivial to make them a bit stronger/darker.

Gotta admit, I really do like these new features:

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess it looks a bit prettier/more realistic if the items look slightly different from each other, and not perfectly the same.
maaaaybee...
how about this: each bars plie must have say 6 tiny bars, but the distribution of the small bars is different. because, well, it's not really logical to use 2 "small" bars or 7 for the same item.
blocks too: you made them too different in size. maybe keep size constant (or, atleast, volume) and vary position on the tile? you just did that with boulders @ the image above

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Good idea. Although the boulders are also slightly larger/smaller. I'll redo the bars.

Rough gems, before/after:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Better? (always 7 bars)

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(missed one - bottom line, 3rd from the left)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Got it. :)

Also: River and ponds. (Water in other areas is not animated like that)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

Edit: Curse you Japa, now I have to learn how to properly draw animated frames and make a million more sprites. :P

Oh, ok, now we'll hit the texture size limit pretty quickly I'm afraid, need to start working on that problem I guess...
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 187