Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872662 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Random similar variations of one item is good, but I think they should not be shifted to the right or left or upside down (especially noticeable on blocks).
Here is need other "my" boulders, -top tiles is not painted.

If needed, I can draw variations for the remains, but you have to decide how much for one tile.

With such innovation there is a problem  - It is extremely difficult to sketch all 256 tiles, some of their need it is necessary to leave empty - otherwise there will be confusion.
P.S.  mifki in principle about this and writes in previous post.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also: River and ponds. (Water in other areas is not animated like that)
hmm... is it gif bug or an one frame missed at the end of rivers animation?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Also: River and ponds. (Water in other areas is not animated like that)
hmm... is it gif bug or an one frame missed at the end of rivers animation?
Its just the end of the gif. Ingame it's smooth.

Random similar variations of one item is good, but I think they should not be shifted to the right or left or upside down (especially noticeable on blocks).
Here is need other "my" boulders, -top tiles is not painted.

If needed, I can draw variations for the remains, but you have to decide how much for one tile.

With such innovation there is a problem  - It is extremely difficult to sketch all 256 tiles, some of their need it is necessary to leave empty - otherwise there will be confusion.
P.S.  mifki in principle about this and writes in previous post.
I tought shifting them a bit left/right and up/down makes them appear more natural/less repetitive, without forcing more information on the player. They will still recognize the item (because it's the same sprite), but it's not perfectly-super square like before. It's also easy to do on mass. ;)

Edit: Curse you Japa, now I have to learn how to properly draw animated frames and make a million more sprites. :P

Oh, ok, now we'll hit the texture size limit pretty quickly I'm afraid, need to start working on that problem I guess...
I'll send you a PM about that...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as we're talking about making millions of tiles, here's an idea/work-in-progress:

Code: [Select]
if (tt >= df::tiletype::ConstructedPillar && tt <= df::tiletype::ConstructedWallLR) {
    tt = df::tiletype::ConstructedPillar;
    for (int j = -1, n = 7; j <= 1; j++) {
        for (int i = -1; i <= 1; i++) {
            if (!(i == 0 && j == 0)) {
                walkmask |= DFHack::isWalkable(get_tiletype(xx+i, yy+j, zz)) << n--;
            }
        }
    }
}

Then the tileset can specify a wall tile to use in each of the 256 combinations of walkable neighbors. Naturally, the same can be done for other wall types.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:11:36 pm by db48x »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

db48x: What?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

db48x: What?

How can I rephrase it?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

He means do with rough walls what we can already do with smooth walls.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not quite. I want to extend what can be done with smooth/constructed walls. The code is written and works, but I don't have the overrides set up to do a demo. Here is a crude mockup instead:

currently:

with some additional overrides:

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wanted to drop by and say that the recent additions are very impressive! I never expected to see my favourite Minecraft texture pack and favourite Dwarf Fortress tileset combined!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Not quite. I want to extend what can be done with smooth/constructed walls. The code is written and works, but I don't have the overrides set up to do a demo. Here is a crude mockup instead:

currently:

with some additional overrides:

this will be awesome!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, I get it now.

256 combinations of walkable neighbors.
Do you want to murder me?

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you want to murder me?
maybe, Japa can do it with some kind of black mask?
like, tile = wall && mask...
or flood-fill with rgb(0,0,0) half a tile

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Hiding half the tile neighboring hidden areas the same way the multi-level shadow is done currently wouldn't be too bad.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You know that I'm still working on a few creatures, creature zombie versions and child versions; different material objects, walls and funiture; randomized natural tiles for terrain; and animations, yes? :P

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally i don't see the point in hiding half tile near the hidden areas and it doesn't look good at all =/
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 187