Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870616 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the tree trunks supposed to look like that? The contrast between the ground-level trunk and those on level above in terms of colours is quite striking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, designated revealed granite really needs to be more clear than non-designated granite.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:04:02 pm by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AMAZING work as always Meph.  8) :)

Always doing good things for DF. LOVE it.

Wish you happiness

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, designated revealed granite really needs to be more clear than non-designated granite.

this in fact should just have pickaxe drawn on top of it, channeling has this so why not mining?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Because channels have their own sprite, while mining adds different colors to the rock sprite.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

This can be fixed by modifying the colors of granite in the raws, which have an inverted color scheme (black foreground and grey background)

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because channels have their own sprite, while mining adds different colors to the rock sprite.
i know, i was just pointing out the disparity.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

This can be fixed by modifying the colors of granite in the raws, which have an inverted color scheme (black foreground and grey background)
I use the same sprites for all rock, so I'd have to do that for all inorganics... Ores too.  :/
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Unless you changed it, granite is unique in the fact that the color is reversed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mh. 800+ downloads of the main pack, 200+ of the barebones version...  Over 1000 downloads, but no comments, bug reports or suggestions?

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mh. 800+ downloads of the main pack, 200+ of the barebones version...  Over 1000 downloads, but no comments, bug reports or suggestions?

Aside from the confusing digging designation colors for rock layers, so far it's been good. I'd like to have all customization options for Linux, though. I was wondering, how can I get it configured in Windows and then port the raws to Linux? I have a VM for other things related to DF that have no Linux port.

I really like the tileset (and I'm also an old Masterwork player, missing lots of things from the old times). Good job, Meph and all the artists involved. :)

Edit: also, color variation for seasons makes me a little confused too, and some of the palettes are too dark. I know I can change that myself, but just wanted to point out my impressions. Finally, obsidian walls are way too dark for my taste, sometimes makes it difficult to even see them in some situations.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:55:20 am by Thelo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks for the feedback. :-)

Did you mean natural obsidian walls, or constructed ones?

You can just copy the raw folder to your Linux install, after you made the changes you wanted.

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant distinguish gather designated / non-gather plants color, digging designated /non-digging rocks sometime.

plants and rocks are natural.

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback. :-)

Did you mean natural obsidian walls, or constructed ones?

You can just copy the raw folder to your Linux install, after you made the changes you wanted.

Constructed ones.

As for the raws, as I imagined, then. Will try this evening.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant distinguish gather designated / non-gather plants color, digging designated /non-digging rocks sometime.
Same, also what rocks that are designated and are next to be mined (flashing) is almost invisible.
I also have problems with constructed stairs looking different from dug ones (the dug ones have nicer+clearer graphics, not a fan of the arrows).

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same, also what rocks that are designated and are next to be mined (flashing) is almost invisible.
I also have problems with constructed stairs looking different from dug ones (the dug ones have nicer+clearer graphics, not a fan of the arrows).

I do agree! I'd rather have all stairs look the same if they have the same functionality. Let us figure out if they need to be dug or deconstructed. :)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 187