Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872709 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1620 on: August 23, 2018, 10:36:45 am »

Splint... Did you even open the launcher?  :-D The option for varied statues is right below the option for vordaks dwarves, unrelated to it. ;-)

Pvt Pirat: Thanks :-)

Descan :  I have now climbed the highest mountains of 26 european countries, 19 remain. 7 Island states, 4 in the baltic, 4 in Skandinavia, 4 in the alps. I'm not done yet and will do a few more this year, but I dont think I'll do all of them this year. Next year I complete that little list for sure. Generally sneaking I'll be bilboing around most of the time, just like the last 12 years ;-)

And another good news: i just realized that with the twbt color extension, the brick oven is not limited to the 16 df colors, but i could extend it to accept all color token in descriptor_color_default.txt. Which means giving players build materials in all 114 colors the game has, from aquamarine over amber, rust, dark tan to moss green.  :-D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 23, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »

I usually do use the launcher. If it's a separate decoration thing, might help to point that out. I had assumed that the same things you use for the differing materials was used to randomly assign new sprites or something. Only ever seen the basic ones for each material.

I was just wondering since it's clearly based on Vordak's set.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1622 on: August 23, 2018, 01:27:47 pm »

Sorry if I sounded snippy.

They use a different system than the Material-based sprites.

You have 1 statue sprite each for each of the Material-sets, but 256 statues for normal stone statues. These are assigned randomly. For those that dont like the randomness, i added the option to disable them and instead use a single sprite, just like for every other materal.

Edit: i decided on this system so that people can have both at the same time: vast variety of stone statues, but uniform alternatives of other materials, to build symmetrical room decorations.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:29:58 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1623 on: August 23, 2018, 03:01:34 pm »

Hu. That was easy. Brick oven now makes 114 differently colored bricks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 23, 2018, 03:27:17 pm »

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, okay, so it's for the generic non-economic rocks, not the flux ones. That makes a lot of sense then, since my last two forts were nothing but flux in the upper layers that I tend to build in (chalk specifically on both counts, that testing one being a literal chalk mountain I built into instead of down to.)

Well, lesson for the story fort then. And I sense brightly colored mosaic floors in that fort's future in the larger rooms.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1625 on: August 23, 2018, 03:32:08 pm »

What would you say about more than bricks?  Currently the colored blocks are only for constructions, but I could allow players to make boulders in all colors too... For furniture.

Good idea or too much?

Its currently pretty much free too (only costs a boulder and a fuel unit)...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 23, 2018, 03:37:36 pm »

Personally I'd be for it, since unless you have microcline and kimberlite littering the place it'd be kinda hard to make furniture match cyan or deep blue walls and floors, as an example. But that's just me.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 24, 2018, 02:50:50 am »

What would you say about more than bricks?  Currently the colored blocks are only for constructions, but I could allow players to make boulders in all colors too... For furniture.

Good idea or too much?

Its currently pretty much free too (only costs a boulder and a fuel unit)...

It could be nice. Perhaps those would count as clay, being made of it and all, to promote using the kiln alongside the oven? Or would that be too much trouble?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1628 on: August 24, 2018, 03:13:49 am »

I already have new reactions for the kiln and stoneware, earthenware and porcelain furniture. Unrelated to the colored bricks...

But I could make the bricks from clay in the first place. Problem is that embarks without clay would be out of luck.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 24, 2018, 03:31:27 am »

Clay can be purchased from the caravans so if there is no clay, it's still possible to have products.

But if the goal is too simply to have colors without requirements, the best is to not touch the bricks and leave the option to produce whatever you want.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1630 on: August 24, 2018, 03:45:46 am »

Mostly I'm looking for a way to enable options to the player without making it too easy or hard.

Too easy, people abuse it to make the game easier.

Too hard, people dont use it.

114 colors might be a bit overwhelming in the first place. :-D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 24, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »

I already have new reactions for the kiln and stoneware, earthenware and porcelain furniture. Unrelated to the colored bricks...

But I could make the bricks from clay in the first place. Problem is that embarks without clay would be out of luck.

I like colored bricks a lot, but much prefer the reaction to take materials, like (10 clay + 1 of the correct dye powder) = 40 bricks.  If you don't have clay and indigo dye then maybe this particular fortress doesn't get to have indigo bricks.  But this is maybe off topic and gets into a game design philosophy discussion :) 

From a tilesets and graphics point of view, then many colored bricks is awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1632 on: August 24, 2018, 01:14:04 pm »

I understand the idea, but with ... what, 4-5 dyes in the game I can't make 114 colors. :D Atm they cost (1 boulder + 1 fuel) = 4 bricks. So a slight step up from normal blocks, which just require a boulder.

For carpets for example I can easily request 1 unit of cloth. :)

Edit:

Only some Adamantine missing. Any requests for more material-sets?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:20:31 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 24, 2018, 01:24:40 pm »

I understand the idea, but with ... what, 4-5 dyes in the game I can't make 114 colors. :D Atm they cost (1 boulder + 1 fuel) = 4 bricks. So a slight step up from normal blocks, which just require a boulder.

For carpets for example I can easily request 1 unit of cloth. :)

Yes, I understand, so for me the fun would be researching some plausible ways that bronze/iron age civilizations made pigments from different materials, especially minerals that are in the game but underutilized, and maybe ultimately make 10 dyes/pigments, but with a richer 114 color palette available they could be *exactly* the right color :)  Almost any fort could make white lead pigment, but a fort that has that rare/beautiful/expensive color pigment would be special.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 24, 2018, 01:52:39 pm »

Those stairs really could use some unification.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 187