Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866244 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1665 on: August 29, 2018, 02:40:09 am »

Ah, it does apply a different background color. Not visible because there is no transparency on the grass in this tileset.

I assume that it does that to everything you look at. Only way to fix it is to make all tiles transparent.
Well ... it doesn't show you which way dead creatures are looking, but it does for unconscious ones. Oh, and creatures on other levels. But yeah, whatever they're looking at.

I don't see any report for this. Maybe Toady could add a different method for graphics mode, like brightness or hue shift.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:50:06 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1666 on: August 29, 2018, 04:00:38 am »

like brightness or hue shift.
For DF, that is a hue shift. More or less. ^^ With the engine as is, Toady can't do much else than what he did, unless he introduces completely new graphics features. Like brightness.  ::)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1667 on: August 29, 2018, 06:10:43 am »

So, ehm, you guys like colors?

A test with 80 different brick colors.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 29, 2018, 06:27:53 am »

Much fancy floor potential. And walls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1669 on: August 29, 2018, 07:07:53 am »

UPDATE!

To be more precise: A MASSIVE UPDATE!

Download here: Meph Tileset V4 - 44.12

Hey everyone; I'm finally back at my laptop and stable internet and can do proper work. I collected all the things I did, tested, played a bit, and present to you the big Meph Tileset V.4 update. There are many fixes; additions include 2 mod-workshops for colors and cleanup; 3 mod-workshops for new material-set; over 100 animal men sprites and more.

Lets get started: Material sets. Whenever you build a construction or furniture, it takes the material into account and that determines the style. Here are all the finished sets. I'm currently working on Adamantine, Slade and an optional Wicker/Plant set.

The glass, ice, brick and bone set are new in this update.

You might wonder how you make furniture out of bricks, bones or ice? With new workshops:

Bonescrimmer's Shop:

This workshop takes two bones and makes either a piece of furniture; or four blocks.

Icecutter's Shop:

This workshop takes an ice boulder and makes either a piece of furniture; or four blocks. Mind that they melt if it gets to hot; only recommended for glaciers!

Potter's Shop:

This workshop takes clay, fireclay or kaolinite boulders and makes a "greenware" item; for example a "greenware chair". That chair must be fired in the kiln to create a "stone/earthenware chair", which can then be used.

That's not all!

To help with FPS issues, and because atom-smashing is a bit immersion breaking, I added the Crematory:

This workshops burns items away; creating ash. Takes yarn, silk, leather, cloth, wood items...

But wait, there is more!

TWBT allows the use of the descriptor_colors ingame. What does that mean? Vanilla DF has 16 colors. Black/White and seven colors in dark/light versions. But the ingame descriptions have colors like Amber, Moss-Green, Aquamarine, etc. Sadly, you can't see those in the actual graphics.

Now you can. The Brick Oven:

This workshop takes one boulder and one fuel (or magma) to create four blocks of a wanted color. 114 colors in total. Those can be used for any construction. Depending on the feedback, I can add the option to use those for furniture too. Please let me know what you think.

Spoiler: 80-colors as floors. (click to show/hide)

The new workshops are of course optional and can be disabled in the launcher for those that dislike modded content. It's the "decorational workshops" button. Besides the new materials, colors and workshops, I also did some work on animal professions. Animal men mercs, scholars and entertainers might visit and join your fort, so they get their own, special, unique sprites:

ANIMAL MEN! - 180 new sprites!

But wait... there is even more!

I fixed the "item carried shows wrong tile" bug for the following 19 items:
 - Prepared meals, Weapon racks, Coffers, Rings, Buckets, Anvils, Beds, Statues, Cloth, Hatch Covers, Flasks/Waterskins, Slabs, Siege Engine Parts, Rough Gems, Crowns, Meat, Leather, Cabinets, Bracelets.

This was a ton of work. I had to sacrifice the animated vermin tiles for this... but I think it's worth it. In total I had to juggle with 57 tiles, in the artwork, the text files and the twbt-overrides to get this to work, but I'm quite happy with the result.

Be prepared that I will post a lot more in future, about mods and graphics alike; and if you can afford it, consider buying me a coffee to ease the work. ;) You have the option of supporting me on Patreon  or as a one-shot on Paypal.

Edit: As a note for Vordak: Those are old screenshots of the animal men, I did replace the shield designs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:01:13 am by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 29th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1670 on: August 29, 2018, 07:21:10 am »

OOOOOOOOO BOI. Time to finish the bug fixing for my stuff, cause this here is looking sweet and perfect for the story work.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 29, 2018, 08:10:22 am »

Ah, it does apply a different background color. Not visible because there is no transparency on the grass in this tileset.

I assume that it does that to everything you look at. Only way to fix it is to make all tiles transparent.

So... there is a way to make this work with your tileset? I mean, which setting do I need to change in order to make all tiles transparent?
And if there is no way to change.. I'll play with vanilla then...

Anyways, thank you very much for the work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1672 on: August 29, 2018, 08:22:13 am »

So... there is a way to make this work with your tileset? I mean, which setting do I need to change in order to make all tiles transparent?

In theory you just have to open all .PNGs in data/art in a photoediting software like Photoshop and make the image transparent... maybe 80% opacity or so.

But I don't know what it does to all the colors and other tiles ingame, so extensive testing would be required.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 29, 2018, 08:32:48 am »

In theory you just have to open all .PNGs in data/art in a photoediting software like Photoshop and make the image transparent... maybe 80% opacity or so.

But I don't know what it does to all the colors and other tiles ingame, so extensive testing would be required.

Got it... well, hope you dont bother doing this now. Employ your efforts in improvements for the tileset itself :D

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 29, 2018, 10:29:59 am »

I have no idea how "stealth enemy sight" should look. If you could show me a screenshot with another set, I might be able to reproduce it.
Found on google images:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's what it looks like by default - the peasant is looking due south.
is that from the LP video "surprise dentistry"? :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 29, 2018, 12:30:54 pm »

wow. just wow.

ps: what, no rose gold set?  :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:32:29 pm by Hommit »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:31 pm »

I'd also like to say thank you for pre-packing the corpse disposal with the mod.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1677 on: August 29, 2018, 12:36:15 pm »

wow. just wow.

Sorry, just made the mock-up so far. Didn't find the time to write the overrides, add the png and test.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:21 pm »

Sorry, just made the mock-up so far. Didn't find the time to write the overrides, add the png and test.
That's totally not a problem. You do the awesome work!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 29, 2018, 02:09:11 pm »

wow. just wow.

good old prussian virtue of delivering the best you can :D

on another note, i tried again to use the lates LinuxLNP and took your lightweight pack. it works and looks great, but the mousequery again acts up.
so i can either go back to the version prior to psyche-update or fix it...
have to write with the LinuxLNP guys, because your dfhack stuff is .dll while linux uses .sh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  got to see how i get this working again.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 187