Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870315 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Meph, I just want you to know that I'm adding support for direct loading of DF graphics sets in armok vision (parsing the raw files) specifically because of this set.

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm downloading this tileset and I just wanted to say Meph I've been using your work/mods for a long time now and thanks man you're f***in awesome.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I absolutely love this tileset. Thanks for making a download with all the other tools bundled together, too. I never would have used them otherwise - really improved my experience with DF.

My only criticism is that some of the sprites are different styles. I'm sure it's because you drew from old/unusued graphics packs, but it's occasionally jarring. I may be more sensitive to that than most, though.

Are there any other sets that use tile replacements? It's an important part of my DF experience now.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a great tileset!  Beautiful (though I'd prefer world maps were a bit greener). 

Because of this preference, I sought to load a different tileset to export the map from legends, one with a bit more of an ascii feel because i'm more experienced reading those.   

I ran into an error when switching though; missing a coal bonfire or something to that effect.  So do the extra features included in this set make it incompatible with older sets that don't have those features? 

Is there any way that I could "fix" the save to make it work with other tilesets?

Great work on this btw; I love the graphics here.  I compared this to older sets and it just pops.   I also am liking the upgraded tile size, 32 pixels is so much more aesthetically pleasing. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That error sounds like the Text Will Be Text override was trying to load an image from a tileset that was deleted.
Do you have the exact error?
Also, try renaming the overrides.txt file and see if that fixes it.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was the TWBT interfering.  I Just not using it is also a viable workaround.   

I also could have settled on simply changing the palette as well. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

Damn this is gorgeous, glad I noticed it was in the pack's graphic settings! Sorry Ironhand...

Wish I was as good as you for pixel art, I'd love to include my Draconians in this.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you replace the override.txt with a blank version, the separate text/map part of TWBT will still work.  You won't get the custom items, but you mentioned you were going for a more ASCII feel anyway.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is it possible to update this for df 43.05? are there instructions somewhere?

veantur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is it possible to make this tileset run with 43.05?
If yes where i cen get the installation guide?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Graphics sets in general don't need updating between DF versions.

But Text Will be Text does, which this set uses, but Meph has nothing to do with that.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pretty sure just dumping a new version of df ontop of a tileset will overwrite some settings needed for the tileset.
it's been a long time since I've looked at this stuff so I don't remember the steps for installing a tileset properly. I'm assuming the download here includes the older version of DF rather than instructions for installing it, but maybe my assumption is incorrect.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Typically tilesets don't come with a copy of DF.  You install dwarf fortress, and then add the tileset.
I don't think there have been any major raw changes in the latest version, so this should work fine.

As Japa mentioned, this tileset does support TWBT, which is much more sensitive to version changes, but that has already been updated for the lastest release.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the readme:
The tileset comes with a pre-installed Dwarf Fortress, dfhack and Text-will-be-text (TWBT) plugin. All you need to do is run DwarfFortress.exe.
except the Linux version does not appear to include DF.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:56:21 am by se5a »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it appears I've been playing the fool.  And also downloaded the barebones version.

If you're wanting to try it with a newer version of Dwarf Fortress, I would suggest
1. Install the latest version of Dwarf Fortress
2. Install the latest version of DFHack that TWBT supports (which, at the time of this post, should be the current one)
3. Install the latest version of TWBT
4. Install the barebones version of the tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 187