Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871109 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say hi, I took a little DF break. Awesome to see that you are still working on the Tileset Meph it looks amazing! keep up the great work. going to start some new games with you latest launcher :D
☼MASTERWORK☼

Lagash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is there something I'm missing or dogs (and puppies) walking on food stockpile are normally represented by... eggplants?

I am getting quite a lot of these glitches and I hope to magically solve them with a "try this [non default option]", can anyone help me? ^_^

kekkres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the raws I found a dye test reaction for grinding bricks into pigments for clothing, is there any way to enable this or if not are there any plans to properly implement it?

Edit: Also and I know this is asking a lot but is there any way to give the decorations a transparency layer instead of them being set up on a "generic stone floor" it makes it difficult to use them and the brick oven in tandem.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:41:27 pm by kekkres »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty hard to know what you are talking about if you just refer to "I found a dye test reaction for grinding bricks into pigments for clothing" maybe the name of the file and reaction? So we can check if its not enabled already? Meph probably knows but yeah.

It's probably possible for decorations to get transparency if they are like tables/chairs, it'd be more work but it's probably possible.

Edit:   reaction_meph

[REACTION:DYE_TEST]
[NAME:Mill block into pigment]
[DESCRIPTION:Takes one colorful block and an empty bag and creates powdered dye.]

It's already in entity_good_dwarf, just add the [ ]

PERMITTED_REACTION:DYE_TEST
like this
[PERMITTED_REACTION:DYE_TEST]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That alone won't work... unfortunately dyeing is hardcoded and I can't make proper reactions for it... the only way to fake it would be to add a new material for each color, like "red cloth", "blue cloth" etc.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, it might be a good idea to post a "hello, still here" in the Masterwork megathread.

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://imgur.com/3lpfOG3

Hi! Is it normal to have those black backgrounds on furniture? If not, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Honeybell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi! Is it normal to have those black backgrounds on furniture? If not, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Oh yay, I came to ask this too. It's only on some furniture for me, but not all.

Ph.D Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yay, I came to ask this too. It's only on some furniture for me, but not all.

Rename _MDF_furniture-bg.png to _Meph_furniture-bg.png in Dwarf Fortress\data\art

This worked for me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Rename _MDF_furniture-bg.png to _Meph_furniture-bg.png in Dwarf Fortress\data\art

This worked for me.

Dude, you're a lifesaver in this area. All the time I've been trying to figure out why that's been happening I never noticed there was an odd man out file.

Now if I could just figure out how to fix the color issue with my trees...

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've packaged Meph tileset v4.4 with Mac OS Dwarf Fortress for anyone who might need it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey guys,

I could have sworn that I fixed that misnamed png a long time ago (and I did), but I never released an update. A couple of things RL and DF related came up that distracted me for a while, but I'll continue with new updates in the coming days. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

new updates in the coming days. :)
In general, a lot of changes will be?

My wishes:

In overrides.txt for _MDF_overrides_7, _MDF_overrides_8, _MDF_overrides_12 (walls, furniture and ramps) need specify foreground color 16 for next materials:
Code: [Select]
OBSIDIAN
MARBLE
SILVER
GOLD
ROSE_GOLD
SLADE
COPPER
EVAPORATES
BONE

For example, for the obsidian constructions(walls), code would be:
Code: [Select]
wrong code

The introduction of a certain foreground color 16  will allow not to copy tiles in -top.png, and thus avoid all sorts of bugs, such as not displaying blood or vomit on floor.
Upd. My mistake - it is not work.

P.S. Obsidian Soul, before leave, did give to you drafts of his 32x32 tileset? I would like to get them, especially plant drawings.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:50:38 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Noted.

I don't know how many changed yet, but nothing major.

Wouldnt a set foreground color from TWBT also mean that recolors like blood/vomit get overriden?

You are in luck, Obsidian did in fact send me his plants. Unfortunately with background, as a png, not a psd.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldnt a set foreground color from TWBT also mean that recolors like blood/vomit get overriden?

Сarefully checked - really blood/vomit not seen(.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 187