Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872122 times)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

like!

PS: I usually don't use bins in my stockpiles, makes the equipment-process faster.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

And of course the glass trap components.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glass armor?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is on the list... harder to design than glass weapons. Armor is much more intricate, especially the gloves.

But what about some decorative, noble silver/gold weapons with engravings and such?

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

impressive! for a decoration very good, it will spice up a throne room and I can even imagine a reaction for a better variant of any weapon using these tiles then instead of the original one! *copy*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Golden armors and trap-components. Base armor sprites again by Caynez/Avenis.

They wouldn't get any new reactions, I'd simply add ARMOR and WEAPONS tag to the silver/gold materials. You'd make them in the forge, just like any other item.

Edit: I think I'm done for now. Not happy with the rock armor, but at some point I do have to start with reactions/workshops/overrides for all this. :D

Crystal, Wood, Rock, Glass, Gold. 160 sprites.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:50:43 am by Meph »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like them! very good job.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm loving all these additions. Now my stupid noble who absolutely loves shields will have a nice, varied collection :)
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, workshops done, reactions done, entity done. Workshop overrides done... looking good so far. :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I do have to admit, I'm liking those silver glass and gold weapons.

And honestly the rock armor looks the part: A pile of rock plates lashed together in the vain hope it'll stop something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sadly DF still has the same issues with stockpiles that it had in .34: Rock armor, as well as Gem armor & weapons are not stockpiled. Neither are they equipped by the military, unless you assign them directly.

The only workaround would be to make fake-metals named after all rocks and gems (200ish), or to standardize it to "rock armor" and "gem armor", disregarding names like granite vs obsidian... or diamond vs amethyst. It would also only have one color.

Damn.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally don't see an issue, but I also manually assign gear to my troops to make sure they have everything (I can understand why some would have issue with it though.) Besides, if you're making them in large enough numbers that you need stokpiles, then you probably did an oopsie with your production orders (like a certain fort did with mugs...)

Besides, they'll make for some kick-ass museum collections when all of masterwork quality.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

But how will you show them in your museum? Display stands dont work (because of the item-on-item TWBT bug), single tile stockpiles don't work either... so, I guess you have to make an extra dump for each item. :/

All done btw, all overrides added. Tested, works. :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strange, worked fine last time I used them - pedestals happily showed the crown, ring, and war pick I stuck on them.

EDIT: To clarify, it showed the items themselves, not the display furniture they were on. Which was close enough in my estimation, and only had one item a piece on them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.6
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Another big update coming up with over 200 new sprites. :)

Misc changes:
 - Fixed glass floor override.
 - Added a brighter, friendly default color scheme.
 - Seasonal-colors off by default.
 - Added dfhack init settings for TWBT shadows, fog density and fog color.

Improvements:
 - Better farmplots.
 - Almost all plants redone.

New features:
 - Dwarves can now make gem, rock, wood and glass weapons & armors.
 - Four new workshops: Gemforge, Rockforge, Woodforge, Glassforge.
 - Gold can be used for weapons & armor too, in the regular forge.

On the left you see the new material-based sets. On the right are previews for possible sets of copper or bronze, steel, leather or obsidian (?). All depends on your feedback.

This save is partly save-compatible. Plants are ok, but for the new workshops you need to gen a new world.

Since the new materials for weapons & armor change game balance, they are of course optional and can be disabled in the launcher. Same button as always: Decorational workshops YES/NO. I might split that up in future, to give players greater control over individual features.

Credits:
 - Several plants based on old ObsidianSoul and RallyHo! sprites.
 - Helmet, Breastplate, Greaves, High Boots, Shield and Short Sword by Avenis/Caynez on DeviantArt. Used with permission. Thanks! :)
 - Glass Helmet, Breastplate, Greaves, High Boots are altered versions of DokuCraft Dwarven Minecraft sprites; also used with permission.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 187