Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872540 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is that the first level of caverns? Looks good. Much easier to spot young trees and harvestable stuff on it.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, from the dungeons I expected fluorescent contrasting (high brightness) purple, blue or green tones.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

i like that new cavern floor
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile

Hey guys!
Is there a Mac download for this I am missing? The front one SAYS for Mac, but it a RAR file.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's for mac and linux, it's just the basic files. You'd need to install DF, dfhack and TWBT on your own. Please don't tell me that a Mac can't unpack a .rar.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a WinRAR for MAC
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5169-winrar-for-mac.html

and there is Keka as 7zip alternative
https://www.keka.io/en/

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys! Lol yeah I am a bit out of practice... it’s been like 4 years since I played Dwarf Fortress and I’ve sudde felt the desire to get back into it.
I got the files unpacked, now I’m just working on how to put the files into the game.
I THOUGHT all you had todo was through the RAW and INIT folders into the ones in DF, but apparently that just makes the game crash on startup.
Man I feel like a noob again lol.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You need to get DF, then install dfhack for mac, then install TWBT for mac, then copy all the files from the barebones Meph tileset into them, replacing all. Sorry, it's not super trivial. Windows version comes pre-installed.

I also had a strange mood after seeing this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173138.0. I don't know why, but I read the title as "maze", not "maize", and had to think of corn mazes... well, they are now a thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bonus: Constructed "plant floors" look like grass, so you can make little gardens or even out areas on the surface to look prettier if you like.

Dwarves simply make 4 plant blocks from 1 plant in the Craftsdwarf. So you get a "plump helmet plant wall" for example.

You like? :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:41:57 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHOA WHOA!
There is DFHACK for Mac??
WHAT CRAZY FUTURE WORLD HAVE I WOKEN IN!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.7
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This update adds the ability to create plant-blocks in the Craftsdwarf. Uses any plant, and makes 4 blocks. Constructed as walls they look like a hedge, perfect for gardens or corn mazes. Constructed as floor the look like grass.

The update also changes rock floors, makes shrubland and savannah grass less in-your-face, adds a more subdued cavern1 moss... all the more neutral background stuff should look a lot nicer and less distracting now. :)

Giant Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the new materials for weapons & armor change game balance, they are of course optional and can be disabled in the launcher. Same button as always: Decorational workshops YES/NO. I might split that up in future, to give players greater control over individual features.
I kept this feature disabled, but my stones are still all economic now (and they show, that they can be used for weapons).

Is this a bug, or did I miss something?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The reactions exist, but they are not enabled for your civ. Where exactly do you see that stone can be used for weapons? (except obsidian of course, that always works)

Giant Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I go to the stones tab in stocks.
It shows all possible usages for the economic stone.

Is there a way to not have all those stones listed as economic (and still have this feature working)?

(Thx btw. for all the great work! With your Pack DF is really beautiful now!)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is there a way to not have all those stones listed as economic (and still have this feature working)?
Nope, that's just how DF works.

Tat45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've installed the latest Meph Tileset Pack. There appear to be default settings in the pack that represent changes to the default behavior of DF, such as Aquifers being turned off, varied ground tiles being turned off, and so on. To be frank, there's a *lot* of settings, and because I'm relatively new to DF, I can't distinguish what settings are considered to be "vanilla" DF defaults.

Other than the 1-tile "decoration" workshops, I'd like some assurance that the rest of the settings hew pretty closely to how the game is configured when you download the vanilla version. Failing that, a delta of what settings have changed versus default DF would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 187