Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872586 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.8 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 16st Feb - Sand Set
« Reply #2025 on: February 25, 2019, 02:01:15 pm »

Procedual stuff shouldn't be able to use it if it's not in the raws.

Oh, no. I learned that in a vanilla save. Had assumed werecreatures used the base creature's available color patterns. Turned out my assumption there was wrong (as I had never seen something that outlandish before.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2026 on: February 25, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »

In a vanilla game with this tileset, while missing the eggplant entry?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 25, 2019, 04:35:31 pm »

In a vanilla game with this tileset, while missing the eggplant entry?

No, I mean I ended up with an eggplant colored weremammoth in a vanilla game. I mean really, what sane person would use this tileset's barebones version? Sort of defeats the point.

I had assumed weres would use whatever counted as "natural" colors for whatever animals they are. Clearly I had just gotten boring-colored monsters. But it still means stuff besides eggplants - such as demons and werebeasts - will also use the color, as well as, of course, modded creatures such as ZM's various plant-based monsters.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2028 on: February 25, 2019, 06:16:32 pm »

Ah, yeah, that's a non-issue.

I thought you meant that you had a eggplant-colored procedually generated creatures using a save in which I deleted the eggplant color definition token, which... would be highly odd, to say the least.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2029 on: March 03, 2019, 09:50:14 am »

Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked the last couple of days. Update is coming later today. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2030 on: March 03, 2019, 02:50:44 pm »

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.9
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

I got a bit of a strange mood, especially after seeing waterphage13's idea about tables/chairs that merge into one large sprite. This update adds the following:
 - Bugfixes for hedges and sand colors/sprites. Super special thanks to BlightTrain!
 - 2 new workshops: Carpetlayer and Furniture Shop, featuring a grand total of 372 new reactions.
 - Carpets, 3 different designs, 114 colors.
 - Banquet table: Giant tables assembled from up to 15 different designs.
 - Benches: Giant "chairs" assembled from up to 15 different designs.

How it looks? Here an example dining room I build:

You can see the three carpet patterns: The wavy/silken on the left, it's edges I adorned with the checkered carpet, and on the right you see a rug/uniform carpet. On top of the carpets, I build same banquet tables and benches.

Now, how does all of this work?

The carpetlayer makes 4 cloth-blocks from 1 piece of cloth. You can use those to build carpet-floors, just like any other floor. You can also build any other construction like stairs or walls with them, as seen above. You can freely pick a color, no need for dye. (Done because there are over 100 colors, but only like 6 dyes in the game)

The furniture shop makes 1 piece of the table or bench from 1 boulder. They are labeled with their direction, like (N) bench or (EW) banquet table. In this example, you'd have the northern-end of a bench and the east-west aligned table. It's a bit tricky first figuring out where exactly which piece should go, but once you understand the naming scheme, it's easy. NESW is north-east-south-west, aka the four-way piece for the center.

The furniture is fully functional and dwarves use them. :)

PS: Maybe I can do that for a few more furniture pieces... giant bookshelves for example, or long sections of armor and weapon racks... depends how much people like this sort of thing. Oh, giant statues, 2x2 or 3x3 could also be a thing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I gotta admit that's some pretty sweet carpeting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

A big improvement over the old system. Now you can build tons of them at once, and the transparent parts of the furniture show the carpet underneath. :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

in your screenshot, the NE bench corner has an offset of one pixel to the east. i bet you can fix it in no time.
it looks awesome!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

in your screenshot, the NE bench corner has an offset of one pixel to the east. i bet you can fix it in no time.
it looks awesome!

You just had to point that out.

Now it's buggin' the shit out of me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I know.

I fixed that before the release, just was too lazy to build another dining room ingame. ^^

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

it looks awesome!

You just had to point that out.

Now it's buggin' the shit out of me.
I know that feel, Bro.
I know.

I fixed that before the release, just was too lazy to build another dining room ingame. ^^
i thought so.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

seht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that kobolds are set to playable in adventure mode, and I'm wondering:  what settings in the launcher's default deviate from vanilla?

Also in regards to adventurer mode, how stable will it be, and how far am I likely to get? Do you recommend against it altogether? Any tips, generally?

edit: aquifers are also off lol

edit II: You can also set off from goblin strongholds...are goblins peaceful with their ringleaders? At this point I thought maybe this is actually just the masterwork mod, which I know nothing about, but I'm pretty sure that has orcs and a whole ton of things in it, which I haven't seen any hint of so far.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:23:43 pm by seht »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

kobolds are playable in adv mode if there are some kobolds in your civ.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I noticed that kobolds are set to playable in adventure mode, and I'm wondering:  what settings in the launcher's default deviate from vanilla?

Also in regards to adventurer mode, how stable will it be, and how far am I likely to get? Do you recommend against it altogether? Any tips, generally?

edit: aquifers are also off lol

edit II: You can also set off from goblin strongholds...are goblins peaceful with their ringleaders? At this point I thought maybe this is actually just the masterwork mod, which I know nothing about, but I'm pretty sure that has orcs and a whole ton of things in it, which I haven't seen any hint of so far.
If you think the tiny cosmetic changes and occasional balance changes from the launcher are in any way the scope of MasterworkDF, I just don't know what to say.

In general I don't recommend the tileset for adv-mode, because TWBT is not optimized for it and many, many different things will look strange, because no overrides for them can be done.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 187