Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872285 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I quite like the second one but I was wondering what it would look like with several rooms next to one another. Or what happens if you have two rooms with only one tile wide wall between them.

Also, congrats on your DF-to-Steam gig! :)
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Virtones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

UPDATE!

It would be absolutely fantastic if people could send me a few saves of fortresses that they build with this tileset. I always play short test-forts, but barely see the big picture. It would really help. Just pack the data/save/regionX folder into a rar or zip and upload on DFFD. :)

Firsts things first, I'm new to your tileset, and its just wonderfull! Congrats on your hard work and everything it accomplished.

Now, let me welcome to my halls, where we shall drink and share wisdoms of the long forgotten art of getting drunk....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like the King like reading books....not much of a greetings person, what the hell.

So, I've just made a fort using your tileset, started with the v4.6, in which at some point, around 10 years or so of fort, my save reached a point where it got stucked. I've managed to work around by loading a backup save, and playing it on the newest version of the launcher. My game now crashes from time to time, but it's been 3 years in game since this major crash, so I think it's ok. I was just reading  a few of the last content, and decided to show you my save using your tileset so you can mess around.

Here's the link to the save http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14299

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:21:04 pm by Virtones »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thank you so much for that. :) Looking through it right now.

Fantastic embark: A good biome with a river next to a volcano... with a second magma-tube in the first cavern, right next to an underground lake. That's not bad at all.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Virtones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Lots of possibilities there. Do you know any ways I can improve my FPS better? I am currently around 30-50, have a dump zone on the magma on the caverns and an atom smasher up. Any dwarvish tips is welcome if anybody here has it. Maybe something that can be made with your tileset I don't know about.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Is there a way to not have all those stones listed as economic (and still have this feature working)?
Nope, that's just how DF works.
Ah, ok. Sad.

But is it possible for you to change it in a way, that the non-economic stone is non-economic, when this feature is turned off?
Because I didn't enable this feature, but it still lists almost all stones as economic now.
The way it currently works is this:
 - Disabling the feature removes the reaction from your civ, but the reaction still exists. (deep down DF knows that stone can be used in it, hence it's economic)

I could change the launcher to remove the entire reaction too. It's just a few extra lines, which would fix your issue. Btw, you can do that yourself by just deleting reaction_meph, reaction_brickoven and reaction_crematory. Those contain all the custom reactions that the tileset adds. Of course you should keep everything turned off in the launcher, otherwise it will throw a lot of error messages.
just started playing DF with a friend and we came to the same problem: bauxite is forbidden for building walls.
we deleted those reactions, but the game still doesnt allow them.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Why don't you open your stone menu and set them non-economic?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Why don't you open your stone menu and set them non-economic?
tried navigating it and bauxite had what felt like 50 reactions and i would have had to deactivate them all not knowing how to deactivate them.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The stone menu has only one entry for Bauxite and you only have to toggle it once, regardless of the amount of reactions that use anything.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

The stone menu has only one entry for Bauxite and you only have to toggle it once, regardless of the amount of reactions that use anything.
okay, i'll pass that on to her and hopefully she understands how to do that ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

argh, wrong thread. ^^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 12:48:05 pm by Meph »

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

Idk but I personally think that a happy medium (aka current tileset) looks better. One looks too busy, one looks too bland. The current tileset is the perfect balance!

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy crap those screenshots.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Idk but I personally think that a happy medium (aka current tileset) looks better. One looks too busy, one looks too bland. The current tileset is the perfect balance!
same here.
i like the current one and hope it just gets completed even more.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Which tilesets do you mean, that are too busy and too bland?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Would anyone be interested in custom statues? Open up the decorator's shop and construct a "statue of a dog" or "statue of a goblin", etc. The actual ingame description might very, but they would have the correct graphics.

Here 256 animal examples.

It works better with some, worse with others... Statues of megabeasts look cool, I really like the sea-monster at the bottom left (second sprite). Megabeasts are all there, and the bottom right has demons, titans, FBs and werebeasts... people could commemorate  all their glorious kills this way.

I could do something similar with armorstands and weapon-racks, which would show added weapons/armor of your choice. The underlying tech would be the same as the walls-with-decorations, floors-as-carpets, tables as banquet-tables and chairs as benches.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 187