Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870392 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I wonder how hard it would be for TWBT to check what creature the statue is of...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I wonder how hard it would be for TWBT to check what creature the statue is of...
You mean like this? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152734.msg6480648#msg6480648

There is a taxidermy script (no idea if it's still running with current DFhack) that takes the creatures corpse and make the fitting figurine or statue.

It's not quite compatible with TWBT, since TWBT goes by the material; while this script ignore it and I modded in a single custom inorganic for the statues. And of course people would need corpses in the first place... making it tough to get a lot of them, or picking between butchering and making statues. ^^

Would be cool though. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Tileset fort is up, such as it currently is. Any and all participation is welcome, because the actual intent leaves me with very very little to work with for story purposes - the work load is too high for me to do any interactions between dwarves myself, and frankly I'm at a loss for how to keep it interesting since I sort of had to pick a less dangerous biome to live in.

Find it here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

You mean like this? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152734.msg6480648#msg6480648

There is a taxidermy script (no idea if it's still running with current DFhack) that takes the creatures corpse and make the fitting figurine or statue.

It's not quite compatible with TWBT, since TWBT goes by the material; while this script ignore it and I modded in a single custom inorganic for the statues. And of course people would need corpses in the first place... making it tough to get a lot of them, or picking between butchering and making statues. ^^

Would be cool though. :D
Nah, by checking the art on the statue itself, and assigning a sprite for that. So a statue of a dwarf can get a dwarf sprite, without custom reactions or anything.

soulside86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Another update that I didn't really plan, but the timing seems right. ^^

Meet the decorator's shop:

Now what does that little buddy do? He decorates your walls. No one asked for this, ever, so of course I made it for you to play around with. :P Your dwarven rooms might get a bit more cozy with a tiny bit more character to them:

How does it works?
 - Build decorator's shop.
 - Takes 1 boulder, makes 4 blocks. There are 17(!) different blocks you can make, like "decorated with candles", "decorated with shields", etc.
 - Build wall with blocks. Done.

It's really pretty simple.

16 of the blocks are decorations, while the last one is a bit special: It's blocks to make diagonal walls. I sometimes get requests for that type of wall, but I never added it because it would require changing the look of the walls from 3/4 view to top-down. I kinda went with a compromise for this, so half of the time the diagonal walls don't merge perfectly with the normal walls... no way around that. But for people that want the option, you can now do this:

I also added the SPECIAL tag to all the new inorganics, so that things like the majestic "banquet table forgotten beast" (by Kruggsmash) or eternally burning "campfire artefacts" won't happen in future. ;)

It would be absolutely fantastic if people could send me a few saves of fortresses that they build with this tileset. I always play short test-forts, but barely see the big picture. It would really help. Just pack the data/save/regionX folder into a rar or zip and upload on DFFD. :)

Cheers,
Meph

PS: Please remember that this tileset includes it's on launcher and utilities and is far more refined than the Meph-Lite version in the LNP.

PPS: You need to generate a new world for this.

PPPS: No, you can't update old saves.

Hi Meph

Love the tileset!

Any chance we could get a standalone V5 tileset  to use with the starter pack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

soulside86: No chance, PeridexisErrant won't add it, since it would cause issues with the LNPs savegame updater/tileset changer. That's why I made this pack myself. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

soulside86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

soulside86: No chance, PeridexisErrant won't add it, since it would cause issues with the LNPs savegame updater/tileset changer. That's why I made this pack myself. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll have to take another look at your pack then and see if I can work out how to use your launcher.  I've just started dwarf fortress so don't want to get myself too overwhelmed haha

P.S. looking forward to seeing your Steam tileset

memesandmaryjane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Note: I am still quite a n00b at Dwarf Fortress who recently got into the game after the Steam announcement.

I'm having an issue with this Meph Tileset that I just can't seem to fix. I tried using the tileset in Adventure Mode, first through the Lazy Newb Pack, and started to encounter heavy visual glitching immediately... almost all the tiles in my world changed to incorrect sprites (Here are comparison images: https://imgur.com/gallery/LciQAfg) I figured the "Lite" edition of the tileset in the Newb Pack might not be working properly, so I downloaded the launcher from this thread... still having the problem. I even installed Dwarf Fortress through the Meph launcher on my other computer, a Windows 10 laptop - still encountering the issue on there. And to make matters worse... after searching the internet, Dwarf Fortress subreddit, and this forum, I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this issue.

I'd really like to use this tileset to play DF, as I much prefer its style and detail over the other options... not to mention the gameplay enhancements the Meph Launcher brings. But this makes it unusable, especially since I'm a n00b who is still learning. Thank you in advance to anybody who can help...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like you're playing adventure mode, which the tileset was not made for, really.

memesandmaryjane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Looks like you're playing adventure mode, which the tileset was not made for, really.
That's unfortunate... although I'm still a bit confused, as I have come across screenshots of people using the tileset in adventure mode with (seemingly) no problems - is there some trick to get it working properly?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it just depends on your luck. It might work fine for an hour, it might only work fine for a couple minutes. I've played with it, but if the visuals go screwy, you'd be best served by saving and reloading (the wonky visuals usually meant a crash was imminent in my experience.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

TWBT lacks a lot of the adv-mode specific overrides, especially when it comes to different vision like hidden, sneaking, smells, noises, footprints... and with the steam-tileset coming up, it's not worth it to try to fix it now, just to discard all the fixes later on.

unkum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, I think I am doing something wrong. I changed some values with the tileset editor. Like setting the cap of children and babies to 10, but for some reason I suddenly got a whole immigration wave of 36 children...

If someone could help me with this baby boom before they become boomer memes, that would be grand. Thanks in advance.

atimholt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Noticed a bit of a bug with connected banquet tables (haven’t tried benches quite yet). A NWS table connects to other tables north, west, and south, but an N table is a northernmost table, linking to the south.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.

In the modpack, beak dogs are pink. In the game, beak dogs are consistently described as rainbow striped (with stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet)

I rest my case.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 187