Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872159 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

It makes me happy that with all the work you do on the official set now, you still have time to go make somebody a bunch of dog sprites. I salute you, sir.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Nice :)
and germany is represented too  :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

and here I thought the German Shepard dog would be the obvious pick. :-D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

and here I thought the German Shepard dog would be the obvious pick. :-D
"Alles für den Dackel - alles für den Club - unser Leben für den Hund" (everything for the dachshund - everything for the club - our life for the dog!) :D

both are great breeds.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

My personal request is RAINBOW BEAKDOGS! Can't have a beak dog without it having stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, and violet!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:27:59 am by Dragonslayerelf »

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile

Anyone is using it on LNP for Linux? Just wanna know how to install on LNP for Linux, if possible.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Anyone is using it on LNP for Linux? Just wanna know how to install on LNP for Linux, if possible.
i tried it and it didn't work as i wanted. also installing it into the 44.09 LinuxLNP didn't work either.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

dogs
You can disable them the same way you disable any other decoration, in the launcher.
I don't see any option in the launcher to enable or disable these dogs.

Right now I'm working on updating the LNP raws with the latest version of the Revised mod. It's going prett well. Pasting in YES_REVISED or NO_REVISED! is pretty easy. Except where you have two mods that edit the same variable, like NO_MORE_BLEEDING[VASCULAR:1] and YES_REVISED[VASCULAR:5]. What do I do in cases like these?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The dogs get disabled with the "decorations" button; they are linked to the same keyword as all the other mod-additions, like workshops.

If there are two that edit the same tags, take the one you like. The lowest active one in the text file will be used. it doesn't hurt if it has vascular:5 and vascular:1 at the same time, but in this case, it would only use vascular:1 ingame.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry if somebody has asked this before, but has anybody experienced some sort of "graphical tearing" in game? I'm just using the tileset straight out of the box with the masterwork launcher.

By "graphical tearing" I mean that if I have a 10x10 constructed floor, then sometimes tiles that aren't on the edges are displayed with an incorrect graphic, but if I hover over them they will revert back. I've also noticed this only happens above ground, but its very immersion breaking at times.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I'm sorry if somebody has asked this before, but has anybody experienced some sort of "graphical tearing" in game? I'm just using the tileset straight out of the box with the masterwork launcher.

By "graphical tearing" I mean that if I have a 10x10 constructed floor, then sometimes tiles that aren't on the edges are displayed with an incorrect graphic, but if I hover over them they will revert back. I've also noticed this only happens above ground, but its very immersion breaking at times.
its because twbt doesnt redraw all tiles - you can use a command to forceit to always redraw all tiles to eliminate the bug, but it is reported to make the game unstable and cause crashes.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile

I don't understand if this is a tileset bug, or a vanilla game one that I've never seen before, but both in Adventurer Mode and Fortress Mode (in the reports) I receive these messages saying "The <creature> NA!":

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why does this happen? I only added the Domestically Bred Dwarven Beasts mod of vettlingr, so it must not be the problem here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

NA is not-applicable, for example when a material or name is missing for a job/profession. I haven't come across this in fort mode, I assume it has to do with adv-mode. Like the human civ lacking some form of naming scheme maybe (?).

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile

I taken this screenshot right now from the report log of my current fort:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Every single report is exactly the same; a dwarf or creature doing NA against no one.

I know you're working hard with the new tileset for the Steam version, so I don't want to annoy you, but this problem is a bit immersion-breaking.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do you have an error log?

The only thing I changed last update was adding the dogs, which have a tale-wagging greeting interaction. I guess brolol.404 didn't catch that bug before release.

If you remove the new creature dog file, it should go away.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 187