Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866268 times)

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, I need a bit of help. For the life of me, I am absolutely stumped on what's going on in my game. Most of your decorations works expect for the fountains and sign posts, lights, and other neat icons like that. After building them, when I have a dwarf, say change a carpet to a nw tile corner, I get this weird error that I just can't seem to solve in my dfhack.

building/subtype-change is not a recognized command.

I've tried straight up copy and pasting your files into my game's default and save raws instead of editing to what I like to moving the entire modtools folder from dfhack into raw/scripts/modtools, and that still doesn't work. I would try downloading your launcher, but I am sadly playing on linux. It's weird because in the past, these buildings worked when I was playing the Succubus Dungeon mod. Only difference this time is I'm just playing dwarves. Legit head scratcher here. Anyways, I've uploaded a copy of my save file incase you need to take a peek at it to figure out what's wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hwz3yr5hd491f8/buildingsubtypeerrorregion1.rar?dl=0

Edit: I figured it out! I discovered I was missing a lua file when I head scratch and looked into both your onLoad.init and the Succubus Dungeon file. The Succubus Dungeon mod includes subtype-change.lua as well as other scripts, which is why the decoractions stopped working when I removed the mod. I managed to miss this because I saw the command in your onLoad.init uses reaction-trigger.lua first. I hadn't realized it uses two lua scripts. Now I feel silly. I went ahead, downloaded your launcher and proceeded to copy all of the lua scripts into my default folder incase I missed any other scripts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:41:55 am by goldenvixen »

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone had any luck merging Sver's armor and weapons mod into this one?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

goldenvixen (what a name :D ), glad you figured it out. I don't think I could have done much, considering that the missing script would not be apparent from the save your uploaded. Hope you enjoy the set. :)

humanscholar, Merging Svers mod into this should be fairly simple, but the new items would lack sprites. Maybe ask Svers what he thinks about this, and I can expand the tileset by a few items. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile

Excuse me for answering now, I've been busy this week. Effectively, I have an Error Log, but it just has the same errors as always:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I removed the new dogs from the raws, and the error stills there (it appears in both modes, Fortress and Adventurer).
I assume it is not them, or maybe it is a bug from the original dog (I don't know if brolom.404 edited it somehow). Anyways, the error does not seems to go beyond of the bugged reports (and random advices like ''You being greeted by a pet!'') so it is not a major problem.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Weird. I hope it solves itself when brolol.404 updates his dog mod and I replace the files with the updated version. If not, I'll have a proper look at it. (dont have much time atm)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how old your Revised option is, but my current release is IMO a (comparably) good time to update things. I'm mostly done with the descriptions and I'm avoiding editing the comments, so the diff between this version and whatever my next version is should be comparably small.
Oh yeah, that's something I could do. :) Thanks for the heads up.
[snip]...just to clarify: I would assume that the "Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities" package has not yet been updated with the latest Revised changes? DFFD says it was last updated "Mar 12, 2019, 03:23:29 pm", whereas Meph's reply above was time stamped March 12, 2019, 01:17:20 pm. But that does not seem like enough time. And the version is still 5.
Revised was requested a couple of times and Taffer was kind enough to allow me to put it in. As splint said, you can toggle it on in the launcher. It's not the most up to date version of Revised, since I haven't touched that part for a while.
Hey, it's been a while since the last update on this set. Any requests by now, ideas for the future, bugs? (apart from the adv mode stuff that I couldn't fix)
Since you're asking for requests... Would you consider updating the Revised portion of your package to the latest version (v2.1.0)? Please? The Revised thread still indicates that the mod's status is on "hiatus", so it should not get a new update any time soon.

The only thing I changed last update was adding the dogs, which have a tale-wagging greeting interaction. I guess brolol.404 didn't catch that bug before release.
If adding the dogs was the only change in the last version, then is it safe to assume that you haven't yet updated Revised?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:09:34 pm by Thundercraft »

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

I don't know how old your Revised option is, but my current release is IMO a (comparably) good time to update things. I'm mostly done with the descriptions and I'm avoiding editing the comments, so the diff between this version and whatever my next version is should be comparably small.
Oh yeah, that's something I could do. :) Thanks for the heads up.
[snip]...just to clarify: I would assume that the "Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities" package has not yet been updated with the latest Revised changes? DFFD says it was last updated "Mar 12, 2019, 03:23:29 pm", whereas Meph's reply above was time stamped March 12, 2019, 01:17:20 pm. But that does not seem like enough time. And the version is still 5.
Revised was requested a couple of times and Taffer was kind enough to allow me to put it in. As splint said, you can toggle it on in the launcher. It's not the most up to date version of Revised, since I haven't touched that part for a while.
Hey, it's been a while since the last update on this set. Any requests by now, ideas for the future, bugs? (apart from the adv mode stuff that I couldn't fix)
Since you're asking for requests... Would you consider updating the Revised portion of your package to the latest version (v2.1.0)? Please? The Revised thread still indicates that the mod's status is on "hiatus", so it should not get a new update any time soon.

The only thing I changed last update was adding the dogs, which have a tale-wagging greeting interaction. I guess brolol.404 didn't catch that bug before release.
If adding the dogs was the only change in the last version, then is it safe to assume that you haven't yet updated Revised?
It's not a small thing to ask, but I am working on just that right now. I have been for the past couple weeks. I'm just about done, and am just working out the bugs right now.

I'd appreciate some help with them as well, as I'm not sure what's causing them. I'll include the associated files. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14395
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey guys,

As I've been messing around with items for the official DF tileset, I had the idea to make variants of furniture, just like ground tiles can be varied (4 sprites for floors instead of just 1). Here an example for cabinets, coffins and beds:

I already do something like this for the 256 statues that I put into this tileset, I could make the furniture a bit more varied too. :D Only issue would be that it might mess with symmetry and I know how much some people love that. ^^

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Couldn't hurt. A little iffy on the coffins (because I like symmetric catacombs :P) but otherwise variance is never a bad thing in my opinion.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since tables and chairs are usually placed in bulks, it would probably make meeting halls look weird... The best option would be making it possible to switch on and off.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone had any luck merging Sver's armor and weapons mod into this one?
humanscholar, Merging Svers mod into this should be fairly simple, but the new items would lack sprites. Maybe ask Svers what he thinks about this, and I can expand the tileset by a few items. :D

As Meph said, it should be pretty simple or straightforward. For a moment, I had wondered about compatibility, since the full Meph Tileset pack incorporates the Revised mod. However, I remembered that Revised has incorporated certain part's of Sver's mod and visa versa. Here's a relevant post from the Revised topic:

Currently, my mod incorporates all of the Revised features from the files that overlap. They are fully compatible, as long as you install my mod after Revised and simply overwrite everything.

Actually, Darkond2100 talked about not only updating Meph's pack with the latest Revised, but also plans to incorporate Sver's mod.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile

scholar, Merging Svers mod into this should be fairly simple, but the new items would lack sprites. Maybe ask Svers what he thinks about this, and I can expand the tileset by a few items. :D

Ahem. On time, as always, I have to say that I certainly do not object to incorporating my mod or drawing tiles for it. Would be an honour to be included in such a pack, actually :)
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey @Meph, maybe you have to know or you have a solution, i'm using your tileset (again, it's awesome :) ), and I had some problems.

I had in the same time 2 sieges and a fire outside (from troglodyte arms apparently ^^) that started to burn my whole forest....and burned all my FPS too, like 60FPS to 3/4FPS instantly.

My game crashed 2/3 times, I think it's because of fire.

Is it a DF problem or is it linked to your tileset ? I'm using animation for tile like water/fire from your tileset, maybe it's that ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Fire kills fps. That's unfortunately normal, the crashes might be because twbt uses overrides for every fire/smoke tile. You can clear the fire by typing "weather rain" into dfhack.

Svers: Thank you. I'll have a look at your mod and let you know what I can do, regarding the sprites. I am on tour atm however, so not much being done atm. But I'll visit Mike mayday soon, I'm sure df might come up as a topic. 😆

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Since tables and chairs are usually placed in bulks, it would probably make meeting halls look weird... The best option would be making it possible to switch on and off.
tables and chairs already have the option to be build with fancy graphics: benches and banquet tables. It's a bit more work, but looks awesome. 😊
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 187