Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872205 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

If I might be so bold Meph I was hoping to suggest some STATE_COLOR changes in inorganic_stone_gem.

I believe:

- Morion should be swapped to TAUPE_DARK #This gem is supposed to be variety of smokey quartz that is a coffee to darker brown.
- Schorl should be swapped to BLACK #Also known as black tourmaline it makes sense for this to be black not brown.
- Lapis Lazuli should be swapped to DARK_BLUE #Although it comes in a range of blue hues it is commonly perceived as dark blue (Wikipedia also suggests this to be the case).
- Prase should be swapped to SEA_GREEN #Distinguished by being a shade darker than regular chrysoprase.
- Chrysoprase should be swapped to SPRING_GREEN #Actually lighter than Prase.

Each change is linked to an image showing the color of the gem.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, trying to integrate Grimlockes mod with this pack. Having trouble with the workshops. I renamed all the item.txts to item_Z_whatever.txt as it said in past comments, but the mod deletes all the custom meph workshops. What are the steps to integrate the mod? I've never been a fan of how limited dwarven weaponsmithing is and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t51xcw5oplqzard/Meph%20Tileset%20V5.1%20-%2044.12.7z?dl=0
Here is the integrated pack if anyone wants it. It's a little rough, I couldn't get the gunsmithing workshop to work, but dwarves can make all the weapons and armors. Should also be able to buy/loot guns off of invaders and traders. Gave Humans, Elves, Goblins, Kobolds more weapon/armor options too while trying to keep it roughly balanced. Only added weapons and armor to Ferric Elves and Serpent Men out of the fortress defense civs because those are the only ones I use. To add them to the others, just rip it out of the dwarf entity raw file and pop them into the entity defs. All credit to Meph and Grimlocke. If this breaks some forum rules, just let me know and I'll take this down.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:05:30 am by knainoa »

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Do you have a version that can be used with LNP? So I can just copy it to LNP/graphics and have it recognize it and update (big advantage of LNP and PyLNP launcher is that it can update saves).

//edit: Looks like 44.12 LNP comes with this set, but older version. I really would like to have 5.1 as that older version doesn't have all the sprites.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:44:09 pm by darkhog »
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Do you have a version that can be used with LNP? So I can just copy it to LNP/graphics and have it recognize it and update (big advantage of LNP and PyLNP launcher is that it can update saves).

//edit: Looks like 44.12 LNP comes with this set, but older version. I really would like to have 5.1 as that older version doesn't have all the sprites.
same prob here. but copying it over just created duplicate entries and the overrides didn't work as intended.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Guys, that won't work. There is a good reason that it's not in the lnp: I heavily alter the raws. The lnp can't deal with that when switching tilesets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I really want to keep my saves while using the 5.1 tileset.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am bit lost with "bog iron" comes with this pack.
Cannot be melt in smelter, cannot be extracted in kiln ? I can only sell it to caravan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Darkhog: Nothing to be done about it. Most features of this set require a new world-gen anyway. Even if you would install everything correctly by hand.

Xeen:  :o ... ehm... bog iron? Did I overlook something in Taffers Revised?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Xeen:  :o ... ehm... bog iron? Did I overlook something in Taffers Revised?

Looks like ore icon in your tileset. Veins are inside some dirt layers instead of stone - in swamp region (I am building swamp dwarf fortress :P ).
It is hauled into stone stockpile but I did not find way how get iron from it.  Neither smelter, neither kiln offers me any option to deal with it.

In real world it is for example goethite (FeO(OH)).

I found something about it here (not sure if it is related somehow to your pack).
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161832.msg7999363#msg7999363
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:47:31 am by Xeen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ah, I see. Indeed a Taffers revised mod addition.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sad to hear, because I really wanted to upgrade my streaming save/fort. Oh well, probably fun will happen sooner or later and then I'll generate a new world in your version of df.
//edit: LNP has that nice option of autostarting utilities (therapist, soundsense, etc.) along with DF so all I need to do is to click "Play dwarf fortress". Could this be added to your launcher as well?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:41:52 pm by darkhog »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any ideas what you will add next?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm mostly thinking about mods atm, and new steam df stuff that I can't talk about. ^^

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:o I heard mods so I'm thinking additional civs, jay!  :D

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you fix the set for the adventurer mode? It displays nonsensical tiles on map (stairs where in the middle of forest, random coffins/armored guard sprites in place of far-away slopes or walls, thought bubbles, etc.)

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 187