Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870965 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.2 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 3rd August - Training Rooms!
« Reply #2220 on: September 05, 2019, 04:49:29 am »

were throwing weapons suggested to toady?
it would be weird to pick up shuriken in adv mode ad not being able to throw them.

Adventurers can [t]hrow anything in their inventory. Fort dwarves only do so during a tantrum.
i only played adv mode a few times... it's too complicated for me, but of course now i remember...
that fire FB in that one ruined dwarven fort, which i "threw" water on, turning it into steam.

also maybe the only thing that didn't work was putting your 44.12 barebones edition onto a 44.09 LNP...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

OmeleteDuFroMago

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey, this might be a dumb question but i gonna ask anyway i'm playing DF for quite awhile and i found your tileset recently and i love it is there anyway to disable the DFhack and play the game vanilla as possible? i only want the graphics nothing more

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Hey, this might be a dumb question but i gonna ask anyway i'm playing DF for quite awhile and i found your tileset recently and i love it is there anyway to disable the DFhack and play the game vanilla as possible? i only want the graphics nothing more
then just download the vanilla game and the meph barebones pack.
that way you haven't got any of the precious changes, because to use the overrides, you need to have dfhack installed.
if you use a LNP, it will include dfhack and some other changes.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You need dfhack for the graphics. No way to have the tileset without it.

Just download the tileset, open the launcher, disable the new workshops, start a new game. Dfhack doesn't change anything in the game, it's still vanilla df.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

OmeleteDuFroMago

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You need dfhack for the graphics. No way to have the tileset without it.

Just download the tileset, open the launcher, disable the new workshops, start a new game. Dfhack doesn't change anything in the game, it's still vanilla df.

thanks i really got confused with all that options and stuff i tought it was different from the vanilla game

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.3
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This little addition allows your fort to get caravans, migrants and pets from the other races: Humans, Elves, Goblins and Kobolds.

It adds four workshops, the Liaison's offices, that accept stacks of gold coins in exchange for their services. You can spawn a caravan, if the civ has access to your site; you can hire a single male or female migrant of a race; or you can buy a single male or female pet: Grizzly bears; Unicorns; Beak dogs; Giant Cave Spiders.

I made a proper mod-release thread here, so that people without the tileset can use them, but of course the style is intended to fit into the Meph set. As always, they are optional just like the rest of the modded tileset content and can be disabled with a click on the "decorational workshops" button in the GUI. (Needs a new worldgen)

I guess I should start splitting my little mod-modules from the tileset and make two releases... this here is getting bigger and bigger and I don't know if people that just want a tileset want all those additions.

PS: Dfhack and TWBT were updated to the newest version for this release.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:34:53 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NeroPrime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm still fairly new to DF and Meph.
I just downloaded the new v5.3 release and am getting this error at launch:

All I did was unzip the files to a folder.
Am I missing something?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

All I did was unzip the files to a folder.
Was it a new folder? Or did you unzip it over an older version?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.3
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This little addition allows your fort to get caravans, migrants and pets from the other races: Humans, Elves, Goblins and Kobolds.

It adds four workshops, the Liaison's offices, that accept stacks of gold coins in exchange for their services. You can spawn a caravan, if the civ has access to your site; you can hire a single male or female migrant of a race; or you can buy a single male or female pet: Grizzly bears; Unicorns; Beak dogs; Giant Cave Spiders.

The fifth workshop allows you to hire male or female migrants from any animal men race. That's almost 200 races to pick from! Have fun with that. :D

I made a proper mod-release thread here, so that people without the tileset can use them, but of course the style is intended to fit into the Meph set. As always, they are optional just like the rest of the modded tileset content and can be disabled with a click on the "decorational workshops" button in the GUI. (Needs a new worldgen)

I guess I should start splitting my little mod-modules from the tileset and make two releases... this here is getting bigger and bigger and I don't know if people that just want a tileset want all those additions.

PS: Dfhack and TWBT were updated to the newest version for this release.
PPS: Re-upload because I had a wrong TWBT file in a sub-folder.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

A lot of this seems like old systems being reworked for Masterwork to be honest, just with a huge expansion on the visual side of things.

I still stand by my request in regards to the shingles per the fort that's now three releases out of date. Doing the rooftops of the houses is a painfully tedious process with a slight risk of crashes if done too quickly with surfaces even just the size of the depot. 5x5 and 3x3 blocks, as well as 5x1 and 3x1 strips for both N-S and E-W orientations would be handy in that regard, but I understand if it's just not something worth doing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

This hasn't been a feature of Masterwork df, this is new. ;)

I can probably do one better: Make an inorganic material that looks like roof shingles, so that you can build it like any other floor.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This hasn't been a feature of Masterwork df, this is new. ;)

I can probably do one better: Make an inorganic material that looks like roof shingles, so that you can build it like any other floor.

I was referring to I think it was the town portal and the diplomat's office? I forget what they were called. Been a while since Riverrun.

They did more or less the same thing, just not for other races in regards to summoning migrants, and I remember being able to successfully summon a shrew demon named Magnus into that fort as well via the black magic altar.

And having shingles just be a straight constructable would certainly cut out the middle man.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That's true, the (very old) town portal did this. And the adventurers tavern, to some degree.

I'll add some new floor materials to the list. ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So... I kinda had a strange mood and made 512 new furniture sprites. 32 variations for most rock furniture; 256 variations of coffins.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might need to start adding toggles for different graphical things ("like yes I want the book cases, but not the tables and coffins.") The OCD crowd'll lynch ya for this. :P
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 187