Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866433 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to point out that I finally managed to update Meph Tileset v1.4 to DF 0.43.05 and I have uploaded two downloads to DFFD:
The second download should work for other OS's... I think. (I haven't tried this.) But, as barebones, it requires an installation procedure, which is explained.

And I did send a PM to Meph about this.

Also, as mentioned here in the TwbT topic, recent releases of TwbT now require the included transparent1px.png and white1px.png files to be located in the /data/art/ folder. TwbT will fail to load without these, so they should probably be included in future releases of Meph Tileset and other graphics sets that use TwbT.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:44:13 pm by Thundercraft »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When can we expect to see a complete tile set added to DF Starter Pack? This would be an awesome addition!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Thundercraft... do you do graphics?  was wondering if you was interested in turning Meph's tileset into a "twbt next" tileset.... that would make it more cool than anything else I can think of.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can this pack be installed in the LNP and if so how?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can this pack be installed in the LNP and if so how?

If you use a Windows PC or by "LNP" you are referring to PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, then it may be easy as I released a pack to easily install onto that here. (Though, as I state in the description: This is provided as-is. As this is untested, I make no guarantees, implied or otherwise. And, so far, nobody has given me any feedback, despite 11 downloads.)

OTOH, if you are on Linux, you need Enay's Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack, or if you're on a Mac, you need the Lazy Mac Pack. (The original "Lazy Newb Pack" was split up many versions ago, as explained on the wiki.) I am unsure whether or not my package for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack would work for Enay's Newb Pack or the Lazy Mac Pack. If not, it's probably a good starting point.

Hey Thundercraft... do you do graphics?  was wondering if you was interested in turning Meph's tileset into a "twbt next" tileset.... that would make it more cool than anything else I can think of.

Actually, I'm just a tinkerer. I've never been heavily involved in a graphics pack before. I saw that the Meph Tileset was outdated (particularly the barebones version) and I wanted to update it so I could use it... so I did. And, honestly, what I did was not very much.

That said, I do have interest in adding sprites for some of the creatures that Meph Tileset is still missing... when I feel motivated to work on it again. It's just my nature that I have difficulty sticking to one thing for very long before I have to switch to something else. But, I'll probably get back to it before too long.

As for turning Meph Tileset into a "twbt next" graphics set: That'd be awesome! I suggested as much in a PM I sent Meph some two weeks or so ago. However, I feel that attempting this by myself is over my head. At least, I'd be more comfortable (and motivated) in adding sprites for more creatures.

Lothian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I make no guarantees, implied or otherwise. And, so far, nobody has given me any feedback, despite 11 downloads.)

Downloaded them the other day there, put together, will send back and issues that prop up. Got far too used to using Meph's for the last edition.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile

For whatever reason, everytime I fast travel in adventure mode, the game crashes.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Current release is a bit crashy, yes.

Wait a few days.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile

I've been playing in 43.05

apparently it's a TWBT issue. I found this fix: df/data/init/init.txt -> Replace [PRINT_MODE:TWBT] with [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD]

The problem with that is it replaces all the text with tiles, so it is unplayable.

edit: looking around on Google, it looks like TWBT isn't compatible with Adventure mode fast travel, and I should choose a different tyleset, or use ASCII.

edit: Fixed it: I set [PRINT_MODE:TWBT_LEGACY] and it fixed it.

edit: Never mind, certain words are readable, but most menus are still gibberish.

Edit: I tried installing the latest version of TWBT and at first it crashed, but then I wandered off site to test a bug in the older version where the adventure (b)uild menu was a black screen, and after fast traveling from my site, it worked. Not sure why. It seems to crash half the time now, it will work, and then randomly decide to stop working.

Edit: Just in case anyone wants to look for a fix, I am using the 43.05 version uploaded by Thundercraft, mainly so I can use the latest DFHack to use the latest version of Armok Viision.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:48:25 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone updating graphics pack for DF 0.44?
☼MASTERWORK☼

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could probably update this graphics pack for 0.44.x, but this is a pack is not designed to work without Text will be Text. So it might not be very useful at this point to have it updated. We might give him some more time to see if he wants to come back and work on it some more. If he doesn't want to work on it at the moment, this pack might be a good candidate to add to the DFGraphics Repo. Sticking it on there would make it easier to keep updated and distributed.

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile

I could probably update this graphics pack for 0.44.x, but this is a pack is not designed to work without Text will be Text. So it might not be very useful at this point to have it updated. We might give him some more time to see if he wants to come back and work on it some more. If he doesn't want to work on it at the moment, this pack might be a good candidate to add to the DFGraphics Repo. Sticking it on there would make it easier to keep updated and distributed.
it will be amazing be able to play the v44 with this graphics <3

Brynjar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The sprites are so cool! Would love it for 44.02 and with the lazy newb pack.
With best regards,
Brynjar.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'll read through everything I've missed. I skimmed it, thank you for the kind words and the adaptations of the tileset. I might do a quick vanilla version without twbt/dfhack for the new df. After all, this was the last thing I worked on, and there are still creature sprites missing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

You're back!  Great to see you again  :D

I'll read through everything I've missed. I skimmed it, thank you for the kind words and the adaptations of the tileset. I might do a quick vanilla version without twbt/dfhack for the new df. After all, this was the last thing I worked on, and there are still creature sprites missing.

https://github.com/jecowa/Meph is a good starting point.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 187