Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872123 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How long will it take you to port the tileset over once villains update hits?
Since it requires dfhack and twbt, it's mostly up to the utility authors, no me.

I am however unavailable for modding till at least March/April. No access to my laptop or PC.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Since it requires dfhack and twbt, it's mostly up to the utility authors, no me.

I am however unavailable for modding till at least March/April. No access to my laptop or PC.
Oh No!
are you on a hike until then?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

DontMineYellowSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

So this tileset rocks!  It, and its packaged TWBT version, somehow also were the solution to my constant crashes with TWBT.  A strange issue is occuring though, anyone know how I would trace this down?

Fescue grass and dense fescue grass shows up as some kind of grey crown with a blue jewel in it.
Dense grama (and occasionally grama) tiles show up as some kind of green crate with something in it.

I don't think this was intentional, at least the crowns.

I dragged this world in from PYLNP as I didn't want to start my fort over.  I realize that means I will likely have these strange issues so I'm not blaming Meph's awesome pack, just curious how I could tweak things to fix it.

Thanks for any help!

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

Hey guys !

Just letting you know that I'm in the process of merging this with the latest version of the Revised mod.

That would be Meph Tileset V5.4 - 44.12 & Revised - master from Github (downloaded on the 4th of January 2020).

No ETA yet as it is quite time consuming (even though it's pretty easy) and I have to test it a minimum when I'm done. At least make sure it doesn't crash and/or throw a ton of errors.

It started as a personal convenience thing but I might as well share it  :D

I'll let you know and post it on DFFD when I'm through.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 06:57:14 am by Datura »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh No!
Pretty much, yeah. Only have a phone to check up on bay12 in the meantime.

I dragged this world in from PYLNP as I didn't want to start my fort over.
You need to generate a new world for the tileset to work correctly. If TWBT still causes issues, enter "twbt redraw_all 0" into the dfhack window. Also remember that "quicksave" or ctrl+s saves your game. I use it a lot.

Just letting you know that I'm in the process of merging this with the latest version of the Revised mod.
Oh, that's cool. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Oh No!
Pretty much, yeah. Only have a phone to check up on bay12 in the meantime.
nice! have fun man! i went hiking with a friend on new years and the last two years we went hiking and even camping on new years too.
but this year's been low for me, so we started with just a day-trip.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Datura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guesstimate I'm about 35-40% done on updating the included Revised mod to the latest version...

I'm doing it by hand (with the help of some macros) since I'm not good enough with regular expressions to automate the process in a reliable way.

Some of those creature_XXX.txt raw files can be huge though but, hey, I said I'd do it so I will  :D

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:49:14 pm by Datura »

Datura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph

On a side note, I noticed several instances of the following tags being "inactivated" ‒ ญญญญญญญi.e. missing their [] ‒ in your raws :

ALTTILE:XXX
GLOWTILE:XXX
GLOWCOLOR:X:X:X

Is it intended or is it an oversight ? I'll gladly correct it if it is the latter :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Those are intentional. I had to alter a lot of the tilenumbers, alt-tiles, etc, or replaced them with better alternatives through TWBTs override files. I usually leave the original values in the raws, commented out. Makes it easier to find them again, or compare with vanilla DF when I do version updates.

Datura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, thanks for the reply, better to be sure  ;)

I'd say I've presently updated about 70-75% of the raws.

When I'm finished with it, I'll check those files a second time to (hopefully) find any typos I could've made.
Then I'll try to generate a new world and look for crashes and/or messages in the error log.

That'll have to wait until tomorrow though, it's 3 AM where I live, going to bed :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:03:09 pm by Datura »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I used the tileset as a basis for a major mod I've been working on, using 32x32 sprites for all modded content. You can have a look here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175304.0

RoBoBOBR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

RAW file inorganic_metal.txt contains

YES_DECORATIONS[ITEMS_WEAPON] 
YES_DECORATIONS[ITEMS_DIGGER]   
YES_DECORATIONS[ITEMS_ARMOR]   
YES_DECORATIONS[ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED]   
YES_DECORATIONS[ITEMS_AMMO]

for gold, which makes golden weapons and armor available. Was that intentional?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes. There are unique sprites for golden weapons and armor. Just like gem walls or bone furniture, this is a minor gameplay change to add a few more visual options for players.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Is TWBT render method hardware accelerated and if not will the tileset work with different one that is (such as VBO)?
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ask mifki, he wrote twbt, no me. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 187