Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870461 times)

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that I'm almost done updating the raws to the latest version of the Revised mod.
I still have the following to do :
  • plant_garden.txt
  • plant_new_trees.txt
  • plant_standard.txt
After that I'll need to check for typos, crashes and errors.

It's taking a bit longer than expected because I've caught a nasty cold and have been battling powerful headaches, stuffy nose and blocked sinuses for the last 4 days.
Not giving up, but taking a small break until I feel better.

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

Greetings !

It is with great pleasure that I'm able to say I've finished updating the included Revised mod to the latest Github version !

You can find it here : http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14662

Everything was checked for typos to the best of my ability, it doesn't crash the game when generating a new world, nor does it produce any errors in errorlog.txt... other than *** Error(s) finalizing the translation KOBOLD which already occurred if you used the included language_KOBOLD.txt instead of utterances.

I added missing YES_REVISED/NO_REVISED! toggles to the following files, since their content only gets used when the Revised mod is activated : descriptor_pattern_lacy_wings.txt & tissue_template_pearl.txt.
Also added said toggles to various other files, where applicable.

Some notes about the latest Revised mod version compared to the previously included one :
  • There have been big changes in tissues_template values (nerves, muscles, hair, scales,...) and material_template values (especially wood and leather).
  • Most of the previous changes to weapons, armors, clothing, tools, trapcomp, etc. have been reverted to vanilla.
  • A ton of gendered descriptions and vocalizations have been added to creatures.
Finally, I would advise against using the Revised mod in conjunction with the "More bleeding" and/or "More pain" options in the launcher, since this would most likely create double token declarations in a variety of bodily tissues.
So that was not true, see Meph's reply below.

Thanks for your patience, and have fun people !
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:54:23 pm by Datura »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That's fantastic! :)

In case you do use both revised and the more pain/bleeding/etc options: it doesn't break anything, but the game will only use whichever tag is lowest in the raws. So you end up with one or the other, no both.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pellona

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi, im incapable to make bookcase show the tile when building.
I try with [OVERRIDE:240:B:UNK_V42_2:Bookcase::_MDF_overrides_1:246] i:zone
but twbt dont like it and do nothing :(

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had the same issue and learned that its the ORDER inside the override file
Best solution: locate the activity zone entry that sepcifies the zones (not the bookcases) and move it ALL THE WAY to the end of the file. TWBT will the find the bookcase first and draw this tile instead of the zone tile.

The line you are looking for:
[OVERRIDE:240:B:ACTIVITY_ZONE:::_MDF_overrides_5:238] i:zone

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I knew this was coming... So: new df is out. I'll wait till general bugfixing, dfhack and twbt are done before I can update this set myself. Just to let everyone know. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Okay. Well, in the mean time you can at least make sprites for all new stuff since that doesn't depend on dfhack and twbt being up to date and neither it requires bugfixes to go through.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Wish I could, but I'm out and about without access to my laptop atm. ;)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Oh.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This pack needs dfhack and twbt to function correctly anyways, otherwise you'd have some very weird sprites.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'd also need to know how and what twbt would support. Otherwise I might make sprites for things that won't be supported. ;)

Tarmok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Any rough estimate, on how long it will take you to update things?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not before 7th of March, that's the earliest date I can start working on this.

Tarmok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thats a BIG OOF

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm mountaineering. It's rare enough that I have days off like today, when I can check the internet on my phone. Heading up Pico Duarte in two days. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 187