Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866467 times)

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for all your work man, even if it takes 6 months or more I will wait as i have grown too fond of this pack, at least get bannerlord next month so that should satisfy my urge to experience the villain update with all the Meph goodness for many months.  8)

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can anyone explain how the decorations work?

Using the Noob pack before villains release.

He11mo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi and Hello good sir! i just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed dwarf fortress using your tileset. i enjoyed the starter tileset that i played at first but then i discovered your highly super awesome comprehensive set.. never looked back at my old starter tileset. keep it up kind sir and ps. when are you going to update this awesome tileset to the newest build of the game?

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)

ps. when are you going to update this awesome tileset to the newest build of the game?

Hello,

Meph is waiting for twbf and dfhack to update first as this tileset depends on them. Also he is currently traveling. Check previous 2 pages for details.

(...)never looked back at my old starter tileset.(...)

There is world outside this tileset. Checking others (or default) from time to time might be really refreshing or putting completely new light on the game. Trust me!
p.s. ..and then come back to this tileset and enjoy it even more :D

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the decorations Masterwork only or can I also use them in Vanilla?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Neither... The decorations are part of this tileset, which is not Masterwork DF, but also not strictly vanilla. I nodded in a few new ways to make objects, like gem furniture, bone walls, etc.

So the decorations only work with this download right here. Vanilla df doesn't have the necessary files.

The decorations are workshops and furnaces technically, so you build them from the same menu as the other buildings. Some of them have reactions that are used to change their design. (Lighting or snuffing a bonfire or lamp for example)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah OK so I don't have them because I use the Meph Lite from the Starter Pack.

I install this one then I guess no issue with the previous non Villains version Starter Pack?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noticed some minor things while comparing the objects files to vanilla 0.44.12:
  • creature_large_ocean - SHARK_WHALE: change "shale shark" to "whale shark"
  • creature_large_ocean - FISH_CONGER_EEL: change "freshwater" to "ocean water"
  • creature_large_riverlake - FISH_CARP: change "gather groups" to "gather in groups"
  • creature_temperate_new - ADDER: change "small snake" to "tiny snake"
  • plant_new_trees - With contributions from: change "/u/XIILarxene - Alexis DeSilva" to "/u/DyebrewsWitch - Alexis DeSilva"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 05:33:27 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was analyzing your overrides.txt to see how you did workshops and noticed overrides for tiles 47 (/), 92 (\), and 45 (-) getting added to lots of workshops that don't seem to use them. Is this an animation that these workshops do while they're active?

Are the overrides for the tile 78 ("N") and tile 40 ("(") characters supposed to be on the Kitchen?:
Quote from: kitchen
[OVERRIDE:246:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_5:126:16] # ÷ (barrel)
[OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_5:127:16] # ░ (countertop)
[OVERRIDE:236:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_5:142:16] # ∞ (meat slab)
[OVERRIDE:59:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_5:143:16] # ; (maybe a fish or meat hook)
[OVERRIDE:47:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_0:79]16 # / (animation)
[OVERRIDE:92:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_0:111]16 # \ (animation)
[OVERRIDE:45:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_0:111]16 # - (animation)
[OVERRIDE:78:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_0:79]16 # N ?
[OVERRIDE:40:B:WORKSHOP_KITCHEN:Workshop::_MDF_overrides_0:79]16 # ( ?

I also noticed some tiles being overridden twice in some workshops:
Spoiler: duplicate overrides (click to show/hide)

The overrides for your soapmaker workshop confused me at first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The / - \ are used in the construction or for animations when the game cycles between creatures/objects on the same tile.

Duplicates are probably just lazy copypasting by me.

Glad to see you back, doing all kinds of good things around the forum and different sets, mods, graphics... :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bludragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just wondering:
is this the same Meph graphics pack used in Masterwork, or is it only available in this pack you have put together? i'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but it seemed that the instances i saw were quite a while ago, so i thought i would check.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's very different. Masterwork DF has probably the 0.1 version of this tileset. I never got around merging them, because steam came along and I knew it would be outdated once that hits.

Bludragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's very different. Masterwork DF has probably the 0.1 version of this tileset. I never got around merging them, because steam came along and I knew it would be outdated once that hits.

Ok thank you, i was hoping i wouldn't have to download yet another pack (i already have LNP and MW), but i really like this graphics pack so download i have done. The good news is the client looks a lot like the MW one.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.3 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 19th Sep - Variety & Boneset
« Reply #2383 on: February 22, 2020, 12:05:58 am »

New caverns looks very cool. Bright colors create a great atmosphere.
p.S. Update my dwarves and goblins)
Done.

And... wow! Just saw the changes you did to the constructions, furniture, etc. Every time you do stuff like that, I wonder why I made sprites in the first place. :D

Now I understand what you meant about the missing -top file for the _variety.png.

What happened to _Meph_variety-top.png? I noticed this file is gone in version 5.4. Was there a problem with it?

HyperBully

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
☼Meph Tileset☼ - License Question
« Reply #2384 on: February 22, 2020, 12:17:46 pm »

I'm new here so let me start with: Hi, everybody. This forum has been a huge help to me. The DF community is amazing. :)

I am here to find out if there is a license that would allow me to use the this tileset in my own game. I'm a completely noob just learning Unity for fun and I've been searching the internet for weeks for a collection of game assets I can use to make a complete game.  As I was searching, my hope was to find something that would let me build a complete world like Dwarf Fortress as it's adventurer mode is my main inspiration. That may have been an impossible task without a big budget. Then it occurred to me that some amazing artists have already assembled an entire world into a zip file and I already have like dozen copies of it on my hard drive. As a collection of game assets, the Meph tileset is an absolute treasure. I have all the Stone Soup assets and that collection is pretty extensive. It has everything need for a complete dungeon crawler. But this tileset has everything one needs to build a complete world. It has an almost infinite number of creatures with baby and reanimated versions of each one. The same goes for monsters, plants, walls, floors and a few races. Hell, it's even designed to allow for custom colored buildings. It really is an absolute gem. 

I'm sorry for gushing. but I really do love this artwork. So is there a licence I can use to redistribute it in my game? I am more than happy to give credit. I don't expect to make any money (or even end up with a complete game) but I am hoping to share it with people at some point. If possible, I'd also like to upload the images to some free game art repos so that others might be inspired to build whole world for us to explore. I've done some searching and have not found any license info so I have no idea what I'm allowed to do. At this point I'm assuming that I can't use it. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not sure this is the best place to ask so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 187