Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872823 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Dabbled a bit in photoshop to get back into it.

Lets welcome the mothman, tickman, louseman, thripsman, slugman, mosquito man, cave spiderman, brown recluse spiderman, snailman, grasshopperman and moonsnailman.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PhenomTaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

awesome! :D

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.4 - 32x full graphic set
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2017, 02:33:26 am »

I approve whole-heartedly with your excellent Spider-man joke, but deduct points for your failure to make an equivalent The Tick and Mothman jokes.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Another ten: Dragonfly, Dragonflyman, Grasshopper, Mantis, Platypusman, Stoatman, Lynxman, Antman, Flying Squirrelman, Giant Olm, Olmman.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

Wonderful work! Good to have you back, Meph.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Meph! Really liking your set here.

Off the wall thought, though - transparent stockpiles? Not completely, but enough to see under.

I have no idea if this is even possible/worth the effort but it'd be kind of neat to see your floor tiles under the stockpile. Or perhaps the middle taken out of the stockpile tile, leaving a grid pattern over the floor tiles.

Just a curiosity, thought I'd ask a much more talented artist than I.

Thanks!
   - Shane

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

transparent stockpiles? Not completely, but enough to see under.

That's a good idea. I don't think it can do partial-transparency, but TWBT-Next (Text Will Be Text multi-layer rendering) might be able to let you get a checkerboard effect (so that half the pixels are completely transparent and the other half are completely opaque) if Mifki is able to add the stockpile as one of the supported items. I believe he has to add support for each item one-at-a-time, so not everything supports TWBT-Next yet.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

transparent stockpiles? Not completely, but enough to see under.

That's a good idea. I don't think it can do partial-transparency, but TWBT-Next (Text Will Be Text multi-layer rendering) might be able to let you get a checkerboard effect (so that half the pixels are completely transparent and the other half are completely opaque) if Mifki is able to add the stockpile as one of the supported items. I believe he has to add support for each item one-at-a-time, so not everything supports TWBT-Next yet.

hmm STOCKPILE:Stockpile is already in TWBT, it should already be switching the tile.... as far as transparent, I've switched tiles in shops and etc to a transparent tile... it generally doesn't show the floor... it shows the next floor below it, as if the floor is missing... If there is a wall beneath the tile, it just shows the top of the wall, or whatever else is down there.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Stockpiles are not workshops though, so that way doesn't work. TWBT-Next seems to be the only way.

Finished another 10 creatures.

Capybara, Capybaraman, Nautilusman, Orca, Orcaman, Octopusman, Crabman, Spongeman (ripped from a GBA game), Leopard seal, Cuttlefishman and Cuttlefish.

Edit: Make it 20.

Walrus, Leopard Sealman, Harp Sealman, Harp Seal, Elephant Sealman, Badgerman, Mooseman, Buzzard, Horseshoe Crab, Horseshoe Crabman, Sperm Whaleman.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:45:57 am by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Four important additions.

1. 40+ new creature sprites. Please excuse the Cave Spider Man and the Sponge Man.

Mothman, Tickman, Louseman, Thripsman, Slugman, Mosquito man, Cave spiderman, Brown recluse spiderman, Snailman, Grasshopperman and Moonsnailman.

Dragonfly, Dragonflyman, Grasshopper, Mantis, Platypusman, Stoatman, Lynxman, Antman, Flying Squirrelman, Giant Olm, Olmman.

Capybara, Capybaraman, Nautilusman, Orca, Orcaman, Octopusman, Crabman, Spongeman (ripped from a GBA game), Leopard seal, Cuttlefishman and Cuttlefish.

Walrus, Leopard Sealman, Harp Sealman, Harp Seal, Elephant Sealman, Badgerman, Mooseman, Buzzard, Horseshoe Crab, Horseshoe Crabman, Sperm Whaleman.

2. Upgrade to DF version 43.05, aka 64bit support.

3. Far less noise. Walls, floors, grass, pebbles and rocks are more seamless and less intrusive. No hard borders either, grass and pebbles now blend into each other.

4. ENGRAVINGS! Engraving walls and floors now shows runes/script on them. Somehow I never got around to add this before.

Spoiler: Larger image (click to show/hide)

Special thanks to Thundercraft, who made a 43.05 update while I was away and found a few issues, like the missing build-labor for the soap-maker workshop and a wrong value on nest-boxes, as well as more agile kobolds and less stupid gorlaks. :) Those fixes have been incorporated in this upload.

Next: I'll have a look at DF 44.02 and TWBT for it... and the remaining creature sprites. Of 780 animals, I have about 680 done now... 100 to go.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:36:26 pm by Meph »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice to see you back Meph! The new tiles look awesome! Cant wait to play with them!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh... I like Twbt-Next.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I installed <<< ☼Download☼ - V1.5 for DF 43.05 - WINDOWS >>>

I gen a world, started a fort, pause and save. 

Upon continue, I get this error

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The file is certainly here. Not sure how you got that error. I downloaded it and checked.

Edit: I know what I'm doing next... corpses.

Twbt allows overrides for these, which is great. I can't do one for each creature (max overrides per item type are 256), but I want to do one for each type of creature.

I got those so far: Misc, Humanoid, Snake, small mammal, lizard, bird, small humanoid, canine, ursine, dwarf (done by Obsidian Soul), feline and fish. Not sure how to do corpses of insects... anything I missed? I want to be pretty sure before I start assigning 767 creature tiles. :D

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:59:18 pm by Meph »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those look great! Maybe a yellowish-green bug splatter for insects.
Spoiler: insect gore (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 187