Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870464 times)

cookiesurvival

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2520 on: April 10, 2020, 11:23:33 pm »

You could post a screenshot and maybe I can figure it out. TWBT not working shows mostly on the furniture and assets that have a hardcoded tile, if those are still overridden, it's a problem in your save.
If you are on a new embark, using the Meph raws, and it is not showing things correctly. it is either DFhack acting up or TWBT.

If it is DFhack, you'll notice that there is no "DFhack" title in the title screen

If it is TWBT, the text in the titlescreen will not load and be replaced by sprites. Mostly fish sprites if I remember correctly.

If you are trying to port a save from another version of DF with another or the same version of Mephs or another Tileset, You will have to make sure the raws are updated correctly, I am not sure how to do it for mephs tileset, but I think it is not the easiest thing to do.

Anyway, If you send me a screencap, I can probably work out your issue. :)

Ok, Ill do that and post a screencap cause its messing with my head. Its like TWBT or dfhack hates me more then anything else. xd

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 10, 2020, 11:32:35 pm »

A screencap with the "weird stone wall textures like stone wall that looks like armor and granite looking like grass" might be more helpful.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 11, 2020, 02:52:29 am »

Ok, Ill do that and post a screencap cause its messing with my head. Its like TWBT or dfhack hates me more then anything else. xd

It looks like there's a problem with your /data/init/overrides.txt file. You might check that file and make sure this line exists:
Code: [Select]
[TILESET:_Meph_decorations_3.png:_Meph_decorations_3.png:_MDF_overrides_6]
It needs to be that and only that on the line.

cookiesurvival

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 11, 2020, 03:47:52 am »

It looks like there's a problem with your /data/init/overrides.txt file. You might check that file and make sure this line exists:
[TILESET:_Meph_decorations_3.png:_Meph_decorations_3.png:_MDF_overrides_6]
It needs to be that and only that on the line.

Interesting. I did find it and changed it back to the normal. Though I realized that most of the overrides have MDF in all areas instead of just at the override part.
Mostly set up like this:

[TILESET:_MDF_decorations_3.png:_MDF_decorations_3.png:_MDF_overrides_6]
After setting the pngs right, which was replace the MDFs with Mephs, everything went through perfectly. Except override 0 which had "Meph_" instead of "_Meph_".
Though what confuses me is if this was a mistake by the download link or is it just my computer somehow messing with the files. Cause like I said, I redownloaded this multiple times and got the same problem. . .

Though other then that, it worked perfectly and the game is now stunning again. Thanks for the help! :D

Also for that one guy who asked:

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 20, 2020, 03:29:04 pm »

thanks Meph

Millyrainbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 20, 2020, 06:04:53 pm »

Just figured you'd like to know that your 47.03 download on bay12games still incorrectly says its for 47.04

Thanks for all the work btw. :3 Peeps like you are practically the lifeblood of this game.
Hopefully these stressful times arent affecting you too much.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 20, 2020, 06:56:05 pm »

I'm unable to run `exportlegends` on this version of DF. It freezes on the step `Exporting:  Extra legends_plus xml` every time. Does anyone know if that's a current DF-Hack / script error or if it's something to do with the additions in this pack?

That's a dfhack problem.  I'm sure they'll get around to ironing it and issues like it out.

exportlegends is fixed in the latest dfhack alphas.  You can either update the dfhack locally or wait for a new pack to be built.

I tried again and this time just let it run indefinitely and it did actually work. It was just a very long process like 30+ minutes on that step.

FYI, just in case anyone is interested. I've begun playing the newest (I think version 4) of the standard Starter Pack and exportlegends is faster on the same size world & history, under 10 mins.

It also took about 28 minutes for the Meph pack export to load in Legends Viewer, but the Starter Pack export loaded in just a few minutes.

So unless DF Hack improved significantly in the last version or two this pack is the reason export and load was so time intensive.

EDIT- correction, my Meph pack world has 250 year history, LNP world only 125. Still, large size and time differences, I don't know if 125 years would account for that.

Uncompressed Meph world legends.xml  = 2,503,038KB
Compressed Meph world legends.xml     = 99,875KB

Uncompressed LNP world legends.xml    = 143,694KB
Compressed LNP world legends.xml       = 7,694KB
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:09:27 pm by Pillbo »

Esavier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 21, 2020, 05:30:47 pm »

are there any plans on updating it to 47.04? There are frequent unfixable loyality cascade problems with this 47.03...

muzzlehead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 22, 2020, 10:00:53 pm »

are there any plans on updating it to 47.04? There are frequent unfixable loyality cascade problems with this 47.03...

+1

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 23, 2020, 04:14:48 pm »

Just downloaded the bundle and it has been crashing on me; 5 times now longest time between crashes was a couple hours but no crash message or anything the game just closes, any ideas why?

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 27, 2020, 06:20:42 am »

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 29, 2020, 08:00:49 am »

Is there an overview somewhere of the functional changes?  I was trying to build a floor and it kept saying there were no non economic materials.  I wanted to use wood logs or blocks. This is an above ground fort.  I went to the stone screen in the z menus and the economic/non-economic is completely different!

I am using the most recent launcher you provided.  I tried to look around and while I can find the legends for the graphics I don't see any about the menu changes or changes to floor construction.  I admit I did not go through all 169 pages... Thank in advance!

EDIT: I figured out the floor issue, and downward staircase will not get you to the top of a wall - *bang head* - oops!  However something that explains the changes to the Stone menu and others if they exists would be helpful. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:54:49 pm by Ragnoff »
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 04, 2020, 03:31:20 pm »

Hi,

I have a black background on every sprite, someone now why ?

The black background appear when I go left or right and disappear when I go top or bottom.

Edit : Found the solution, if you have this problem, just run the command : twbt redraw_all 1
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:07:42 am by KassaK »

sotiweastral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 09, 2020, 03:50:47 am »

Hi, im new in the forum (just had to wait 2 weeks to get my acount acepted) and i have a not critical but a bit annoying problem when i try to build my library, the tileset is cool as hell 8) but when i put the area to make a library the sprites of the bookcase get ruined, i love this tileset so i make this acount only to report this. 

bookcases" border="0
Never pour more tan half spoon of yeast into 1 kilogram of pizza dough...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2534 on: May 09, 2020, 05:02:43 am »

Sorry everyone, I'm a bit focused on the Steam tileset at the moment.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 187