Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866260 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2565 on: July 24, 2020, 06:07:01 pm »

It does look like something in your save folder for sure.  I don't know what it might be though.  At least you've narrowed down the effect to certain world tile types.  I would am planning to just struggle to read the world map for the next few embarks or so until you want to I tire of this world and generate a new world from a fresh install.  The <c> screen is messed up just as the world map is, but otherwise in game appears fine as far as I can tell.

Edit: You might be able to take the seed values of your region1 world and recreate it if you're only 1 embark in, and had big long term plans for the world.

Edit 2: This is very strange, but I just checked and my world map with the Meph+Vordak (lite) tileset is messed up in the exact same way as yours is now.  I did not see that coming lol.
Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

I can at least confirm in my case that I do nothing fancy with the game.  I use just what's including in the LNP and nothing else.  And within the LNP, I only use Dwarf Therapist and DFHack.  DFHack just for the savestock / loadstock function, plus whatever it does in the background.  The only thing that changed with my computer was I re-downloaded a game from the steam client.  Perplexing indeed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 06:56:40 pm by Schmaven »

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: July 24, 2020, 06:50:32 pm »

It does look like something in your save folder for sure.  I don't know what it might be though.  At least you've narrowed down the effect to certain world tile types.  I would just struggle to read the world map for the next few embarks or so until you want to generate a new world (as long as the in game tiles are still good of course), then make one with a fresh install where it's all good.

Edit: You might be able to take the seed values of your region1 world and recreate it if you're only 1 embark in, and had big long term plans for the world.

Edit 2: This is very strange, but I just checked and my world map with the Meph+Vordak (lite) tileset is messed up in the exact same way as yours is now.  I did not see that coming lol.
Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

I can at least confirm in my case that I do nothing fancy with the game.  I use just what's including in the LNP and nothing else.  And within the LNP, I only use Dwarf Therapist and DFHack.  DFHack just for the savestock / loadstock function, plus whatever it does in the background.  The only thing that changed with my computer was I re-downloaded a game from the steam client.  Perplexing indeed.

Thank you for your input. That at least helps to eliminate the possibility of something really strange going on with my computer and seems to suggest something with the tileset itself.

I also use the LNP and DFhack, but otherwise nothing "fancy". I haven't added any tilesets or utilities that aren't included in the LNP. I've just played with some settings that are already included and haven't had any issues other than this.

For the time being I can just push through this because it's just the map and you don't look at it very often. I just irks me when I put it into Legends Viewer, for example, and all this gray stuff is everywhere.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: July 24, 2020, 06:58:36 pm »

If you go to the <h> holdings view of the civilization screen, that part is normal, so raiding and missions from there are fine.

GandalfTheGreyt3791

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: July 25, 2020, 05:54:11 pm »

I ended up installing through the lazynewbpack and I was wondering how I would change the graphics from the vordack folder to the meph one?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: July 25, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »

In the past I've been able to just double click on the graphics packs right in the LNP launcher to change them around.

GandalfTheGreyt3791

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: July 26, 2020, 08:16:42 am »

I tried but nothing happened

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: July 27, 2020, 12:21:28 pm »

Unfortunately there is little I can offer to help. I am familiar with Meph's launcher and how its supposed to work but I have no idea how this was included in the LNP. Mephs tileset is much more complicated and even the order of appearance in the overrides files makes a difference (see bookcase vs. zone tile in libraries). If LNP screws the copying of all these inits up then it might look weird in the end. Also, usually the tiles used in the world map dont come from Mephs additional tiles but from the "font" tileset, maybe this is messed up? Could you provide a screenshot of your "arts" folder with the thumbnails on and your init.txt and d_init.txt so I can see which tiles are used?

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: July 27, 2020, 02:59:19 pm »

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Would that be the .txt files you're asking for from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init   **or**     from LNP\graphics\Meph\data\init? Same for the art folder. There's one with DF and one with each tileset in the LNP folders (I'm sure you just need Meph). I can provide any or all or whatever.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: July 27, 2020, 03:06:36 pm »

the ones in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init, these are the ones used by the game and altered when LNP launcher changes the tileset.

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: July 27, 2020, 03:27:51 pm »

Here you are.

art
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init  -- init.txt

Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init  --  d_init.txt

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: July 27, 2020, 04:15:53 pm »

Seems to be the font setting to me, it uses curses instead of the Meph font for displaying text, part of displaying text is also the world map (it actually just uses letters to represent stuff, like the necro tower being the capital I). If you change the two lines in init.txt

[FONT:curses_640x300.png]

to

[FONT:font_Meph_clean_16x24.png]

the map should look much better. You can actually just pick any font you like. The default in the Meph pack is called "font.png" which seems to be "font_Meph_embossed_12x24-v4.png" in you art folder. You can also choose this one instead by altering the two lines to this filename. LNP should also allow changing the font.

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: July 27, 2020, 04:37:04 pm »

LNP does allow for this. I'll make some changes and report back. Thank you.

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: July 27, 2020, 09:58:53 pm »

Okie dokie, so I changed the [FONT:curses_640x300.png] over to [FONT:font_Meph_clean_16x24.png]. The LNP has an easy place to do this. Here's what I get.

Meph tileset:

It's a bit hard to compare to the original "problem child" map that I'll link again below because it seems the zoom levels are different.

Weird gray tile map problem thing:

So it would seem the culprit is an issue with the curses_640x300.png not playing nice with something. It's worth pointing out that if you install the Meph tileset using the LNP it will automatically set that curses font. I'm not sure why this is the choice. Perhaps a TWBT thing? Not sure, I'm still kinda new.

Perhaps this might be a thing I should bring up to PeridexisErrant on the LNP thread?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:45 am »

Well at least we see the change to the font. I personally also use the smaller version "font_Meph_clean_12x24.png" as this does not blow up the screen so dramatically. There is yet another switch which is the color setting. There is a txt file in the init folder called colors.txt, this defines how "red" is represented on screen and the game actually mixes certain colors to generate new ones, this is also controlled by the LNP. If you want we can also compare the colors in Mephs set to your current color setting but then there is nothing more to set.

TWBT is not to blame here as this merely diverts tile usage using the override.txt file and for world maps its not used.

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: July 28, 2020, 04:09:27 pm »

Sure, how would we go about comparing? What do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 187