Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866313 times)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2595 on: October 11, 2020, 01:10:18 pm »

Thanks

I was able to reproduce the crash with your save by loading and scrolling up. The game CTDs immediately. From what I can see there are only 4 things that are shown there, a dwarf hauling something, hamster vermin and a dog. Once unpaused also a bunch of flies appear. I ported your game to a -r1 release of Meph's I did a while back and the same game works perfectly fine there. No CTDs when scrolling around. For me its clear that this is a TWBT bug, something messes with the graphics it needs to draw and crashes in the latest build of the plugin.

You can load an older release of the Meph pack using -r1 of dfhack and twbt, there it seems to run. Meanwhile, I will try the latest stable build of dfhack to see if they changed anything.

Update:
I tried moving to DFHack -r3 using the same twbt pulgin but the crash remains, seems to be inherit to the twbt update. I will now try moving twbt from r1 up

Update 2:
Moving -r1 up to -r2 and even -r3 works, please use this file https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15244 and store it in Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\, Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\twbt\ and Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\original\
You will get a warning message when starting the game saying the version was not compiled for this dfhack version but it seems to work just fine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:49:34 pm by Novaris »

Thwomp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: October 12, 2020, 09:54:36 am »

Novaris,

Done.  Problem resolved.  Thank you!

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: October 16, 2020, 04:15:17 pm »

Oh wow, I was tearing my hair out over that crash, thanks!

AkRoughneck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: October 27, 2020, 02:01:14 am »

I'm having an issue where changes aren't saved in the meph tileset- I took ownership, checked everything wasn't read only, moved it from "C:/Games" to my download file, looked for a config file.

Everytime I choose a shadow, and click "hide dfhack" it doesn't work in game, or save those settings if I close the launcher and open it again.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: October 27, 2020, 02:21:23 am »

ok, easiest way to achieve this is adding the command "hide" to the end of the dfhack.init file in the game's root folder. This hides the console once the game started. I cannot tell why it is not working but this yields the result.
As for the shadow, please find the folder "Meph Tileset V5.5\TilesetExtras\Settings\Shadows" and locate the shadow file you like. Copy this over to the folder "Meph Tileset V5.5\Dwarf Fortress\data\art" and rename it to shadows.png (overwriting the already existing one)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:15:27 am by Novaris »

Oin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 01, 2020, 07:42:14 am »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to both DF and tileset use, so it may be that I'm doing something wrong, but in summary my game isn't starting properly.

I open the Meph launcher and start the game from there. DF Hack opens and the game too, but the game will freeze and not respond, not even showing the intro. One thing that I've realized is that if I change the Print mode from TWBT to any other (not really knowing what I'm doing) the game will start and run the intro, but once in the main menu what's supposed to be letters will be graphs instead, making it unreadable unless you're familiar with ancient Egyptian writing.

I attach some screenshots in case that may help with identifying the problem. I've read a couple of posts back someone also seemingly having trouble with the TWBT, but don't know if we are having the same kind of problem.

My Meph launcher config
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Launching with TWBT as printing mode (at this stage if I click the DF window it will say it is not responding)

Launching with 2D as printing mode (or any other that isn't TWBT)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 01, 2020, 08:34:42 am »

I don't know how to fix those problems. I'm not trying to steer you away, but maybe you could try the newest DF version 0.47.04 and use the starter pack in the meantime to get going with the game while those problems get worked out. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:37:24 am by Uthimienure »
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 01, 2020, 10:08:20 am »

Also not an actual solution, but in my experience, most of my issues have been solved by just reinstalling everything.  Kind of the "turn it off and back on" approach.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 01, 2020, 01:31:18 pm »

@ Oin:
Please try to use the latest version of this pack https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145
I updated it to 0.47.04 with the latest DFHack.

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 02, 2020, 03:00:38 pm »

After updating PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack to r09 version, the Meph crash is back. Last time it happened, doing this:

Thanks

I was able to reproduce the crash with your save by loading and scrolling up. The game CTDs immediately. From what I can see there are only 4 things that are shown there, a dwarf hauling something, hamster vermin and a dog. Once unpaused also a bunch of flies appear. I ported your game to a -r1 release of Meph's I did a while back and the same game works perfectly fine there. No CTDs when scrolling around. For me its clear that this is a TWBT bug, something messes with the graphics it needs to draw and crashes in the latest build of the plugin.

You can load an older release of the Meph pack using -r1 of dfhack and twbt, there it seems to run. Meanwhile, I will try the latest stable build of dfhack to see if they changed anything.

Update:
I tried moving to DFHack -r3 using the same twbt pulgin but the crash remains, seems to be inherit to the twbt update. I will now try moving twbt from r1 up

Update 2:
Moving -r1 up to -r2 and even -r3 works, please use this file https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15244 and store it in Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\, Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\twbt\ and Meph Tileset V5.5 - 47.04\Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\original\
You will get a warning message when starting the game saying the version was not compiled for this dfhack version but it seems to work just fine.

helped but this time it only caused a massive "corruption" of the graphics, ie all text was replaced with hieroglyphs and so on.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 03:04:47 pm by Garfunkel »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 03, 2020, 05:48:51 am »

This sounds more like TWBT was not loaded, then you see all kinds of weird symbols instead of the text on-screen. Can you share a screenshot and the dfhack log?

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 04, 2020, 04:44:11 pm »

Main screen:

DFHack log:

So yeah you're probably right, TWBT isn't loading properly due to that DLL file that I added. Without it though the tileset crashes. I guess I'll have to switch to a different tileset.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:45:50 pm by Garfunkel »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 04, 2020, 07:49:52 pm »

Please use this version here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145

Oin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 07, 2020, 03:37:28 pm »

@ Oin:
Please try to use the latest version of this pack https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145
I updated it to 0.47.04 with the latest DFHack.
Please use this version here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145

I tried downloading that file, but for me the crash just persists:

I don't know how to fix those problems. I'm not trying to steer you away, but maybe you could try the newest DF version 0.47.04 and use the starter pack in the meantime to get going with the game while those problems get worked out. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076

Absolutely! In the end I'm just trying to get started, and if it can be with nice visuals even better. As this tileset wasn't working I played the game as it is. Managed to run my fortress for over a year, but out of alcohol, subsisting on seeds and with an outpost liason that drubbed one of my dwarfs for no good reason. Will try the starter pack and see if I can do any better.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 08, 2020, 07:30:44 am »

This is strange cause the dfhack log says TWBT got loaded and transparency activated. So the only explanation I have as to why you still see the wrong grahpics is that your overrides file is wrong but if you downloaded the file at the link I provided this is  impossible, I tried a fresh download just to confirm and everything worked fine. Did you maybe mix installations and copied over the file provided over an already existing installation? Or mixed LNP and Meph's? Did you use any additional settings in the launcher?
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 187