Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872280 times)

Oin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2610 on: November 12, 2020, 07:36:03 am »

This is strange cause the dfhack log says TWBT got loaded and transparency activated. So the only explanation I have as to why you still see the wrong grahpics is that your overrides file is wrong but if you downloaded the file at the link I provided this is  impossible, I tried a fresh download just to confirm and everything worked fine. Did you maybe mix installations and copied over the file provided over an already existing installation? Or mixed LNP and Meph's? Did you use any additional settings in the launcher?

So I've moved to the newbs launcher, and my conclusion is that the problem comes from TWBT with 32x tilesets. Trying a 32x tileset with TWBT will lead to a crash (happened with Meph's tileset, but also with Vettlingr's). If I try other printing modes instead of TWBT that's when it leads to the game running but with messy icons. In the case of Vettlingr's it was playable, although some menus looked a bit messy. But with Meph's every single text line was turned into icons.

I'm thinking that maybe the 32x combined with TWBT requires a higher processing that my computer is lacking? (I play in my 2014 laptop)

As I wrote in the newbs launcher thread, for now I'm even enjoying the ASCII so it isn't that big deal.

Thank you however for the help!

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 18, 2020, 05:01:11 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:06:03 pm by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 18, 2020, 05:31:25 pm »

I dont get the point...

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 20, 2020, 03:45:31 am »

Meph,

Whenever I try to install your barebones over the previous MDF version, it crashes eventually in fort mode.

Any suggestions? You have apparently abandoned MDF project, but this happened to me on all previous attempts since you have started creating your tileset. I would like to sort this out now somehow.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 20, 2020, 11:10:40 am »

Random crashes can occur and are not necessarily related to the tileset but may also come from the TWBT plugin itself. Even the barebones version has a lot of graphics files and a long list of overrides TWBT seems to struggle with sometimes. The settings for redraw all and transparency are not really helping on this matter either. You could try activating the redraw_all in the dfhack.init file that comes with the barebone version or remove all the special "material" versions from the overrides to trim it a little down, this might help stability. also reducing the window size (visible tiles on screen) may help but unfortunately I have no magic answer that makes the tileset completely stable.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 20, 2020, 02:41:21 pm »

Random crashes can occur and are not necessarily related to the tileset but may also come from the TWBT plugin itself. Even the barebones version has a lot of graphics files and a long list of overrides TWBT seems to struggle with sometimes. The settings for redraw all and transparency are not really helping on this matter either. You could try activating the redraw_all in the dfhack.init file that comes with the barebone version or remove all the special "material" versions from the overrides to trim it a little down, this might help stability. also reducing the window size (visible tiles on screen) may help but unfortunately I have no magic answer that makes the tileset completely stable.
No?
But you just might.
--> remove all the special "material" versions from the overrides
This seems to be most serious offender here. Totally wrecks Dwarf Fortress.
What does this file do, anyway?

On a side note:
In Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, I had to do some job on imo best tileset, as its creator went missing and it was not actualised for a new version.
Editing it was bad enough, as whole definition file was a single JSON, for over a dozen thousands sprites.
However, breaking anything, literally anything send game back to ASCII mode without issues.

I can only wish we will get something like this in DF, maybe, one day.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 20, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »

I can only wish we will get something like this in DF, maybe, one day.

Boy do I have some news for you!

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 20, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »

I can only hope I will live to see it :)
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 28, 2020, 03:11:53 pm »

With the new release of DFHack and TWBT, is the vermin remains bug still a problem? I don't see any mention of it in either github so I'm assuming so.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 30, 2020, 11:37:37 am »

Honestly I did not report it to TWBT because I'm not of the opinion that it's activly maintained but rather just recompiled with the latest DFHACK version so the version check passes again. If you want to report it please be my guest, I am not 100% if its really "just" TWBT or a combination of the sheer amount of overrides Meph put in his tileset and the way TWBT handles them.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:36 am »

Honestly I did not report it to TWBT because I'm not of the opinion that it's activly maintained but rather just recompiled with the latest DFHACK version so the version check passes again. If you want to report it please be my guest, I am not 100% if its really "just" TWBT or a combination of the sheer amount of overrides Meph put in his tileset and the way TWBT handles them.

Seems to be the case... now that we know it's definitely Meph's tileset causing it, how to debug it, I wonder?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 17, 2021, 01:12:08 pm »

Seems to be the case... now that we know it's definitely Meph's tileset causing it, how to debug it, I wonder?

I tend to disagree as the old TWBT version works with Meph's tileset without crash and the new version does crash it must be TWBT that changed.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 18, 2021, 01:31:39 am »

I tend to disagree as the old TWBT version works with Meph's tileset without crash and the new version does crash it must be TWBT that changed.

That was discussed here: https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/commit/1463d16b3642c2c5b88cb5b7d909a8f3b3f70350

The conclusion they came to is that the fault lies with the Meph Tileset.

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 25, 2021, 09:19:31 pm »

Last Meph Pack is still running DF 47.03? Can I just replace it with DF 47.04, or will I need new DFhack, TWBT etc. too?

EDIT
I tried and failed miserably. Even with replacing DF, DFhack and TWBT I can't get it to work. My old save is loaded but without the tileset and creating a new world just crashes.
Guess I will have to stick with 47.03 until a new pack is released.

EDIT 2
Found the inofficial release by McNavaris - thank you very much! At least one version up and some annoying bugs gone.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:55:11 pm by McOrigin »

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 31, 2021, 11:14:16 pm »

That was discussed here: https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/commit/1463d16b3642c2c5b88cb5b7d909a8f3b3f70350

The conclusion they came to is that the fault lies with the Meph Tileset.

the changes in that commit are required in order to compile against the new DFHack.  if someone can submit a patch that makes it compile and not crash, I'll for sure merge it in.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 187