Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866460 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's really difficult to understand basic terrain levels in this tileset. Some problems with ramps etc.
Please, think again about these tiles :-X
Just other things here are great.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's really difficult to understand basic terrain levels in this tileset. Some problems with ramps etc.
Please, think again about these tiles :-X
Just other things here are great.
I like the ramps. Whats wrong with them?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's ramps on this pic, yes? they are not distinct, as for me. It can use something closer to the classic triangle? Оr you can use TWBT to made special ramps to each condition such as corner or border.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I gotta agree with Heretic on this one.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You'd rather have a normal ground tile with a down/up arrow on it?

I tried avoiding symbols/icons, instead going for the graphical route. The ramps are a little mound, shaded to look 3-dimensional.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I agree, they look pretty bad, as-is. Either have it contextual, or something else, because a mound doesn't look any more like a ramp than a symbol does.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Could I also have a copy of this sheet without the background?

http://i.imgur.com/qI9bSIY.png

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

How can I add this to Pylnp? Is it possible? I know, a very noobish questions, but i just got in on tilesets. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Lurker28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to make the ground texture, particularly the outside areas not so dark? I seems that the outside is the hardest to read and has the most amount of visual "noise." This would help a lot with separation between the current z your on and the and what's in the lower z levels

ashGlaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I agree with Heretic, too. Most of the tileset is beautiful, but those ramps are keeping me from using it. I went back to plain ascii instead, though it took me ages to figure out how.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,

First, I have to say "THANK YOU" for the work on the tile set, it is just beautiful. Until now I sticked with spacefox and its Dibojur extension but the minute I noticed your tileset I ported it to LNP and installed it on my "vanilla with extensions" version of DF together with DAS's colorset. The details are just breathtaking.

And now, as you asked for it:
While using it I noticed a few miss-alignments in the tiles. The "play make-believe" thing and the bins are well known, but I have seen the same issue with the colors also on wodden cages and seeds seem to be very dark as well. The engraved walls and normal walls seem to be the same tile information, the same goes for the engraved floors (this is not a big issue but still, it would be so nice if it would fit into the complete picture). Also, for some strange reason, the bookcases I install are just black tiles (rock material).

If I may humbly ask for something: I would love to see the bridge-tiles getting a rework to fit into the floor tiles with the same remarkable detail as the smoothed walls. I played around a little with it already and as soon as I have a possible solution I will post it here for you to have a look at it. The same with the fallen dwarfs - in spacefox the tile was a lying dwarf if a little "red" around it. In this tileset it seems to be just a normal dwarf tile, hard to distiguish from any life peasant running around.

As for the ramp discussion, I think they are fine as they are, the shadow could be a little more distinct, because with TWBT the edges of the different layers now like kind of sharp.

Please, keep up the good work and if I can be of any help with this tileset don't hesitate to ask.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Could I also have a copy of this sheet without the background?

http://i.imgur.com/qI9bSIY.png
Sure, once I am back on my laptop.

Novaris: Thanks for the detailed feedback. I fixed pretty much all of that, except the bridges. Do you mean the bridge floor that I should alter, or the bridge design itself?

Still trying to figure out how to best do engraved floors and walls.

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooden bins are in black tiles.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph is aware of that and hopes to have Bins fixed in the next release.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How does that look? (The ramps)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 187