Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871908 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #945 on: April 02, 2018, 09:39:35 pm »

TWBT lists things by the order they appear in the raws. Revised adds a file called item_macro_fantastic.txt. It has custom reagents (Tools) for a few new reactions that take out micromanagement from the game a bit. since item_macro_fantastic is alphabetically above item_tool, those 7 new items get added first. TWBT now thinks that those are the items 0-6 in its list.
Taffer said something about possibly removing the Macro reactions part of his mod... I'm not sure if the new tools will even stay in till the next update. ^^

Apologies! I'm reasonably sure that I actually just forgot to delete that file, and that it's not referenced at all in Revised v1.5.1. (Reasonably sure but not 100% sure, as I'm in the middle of adding in a bunch of changes and don't feel like checking to make sure).

It's already been deleted in my working version. I'll push some of the bigger items off of my next release's todo list and get a release out somewhat quicker, as I consider this a bug even in vanilla Revised.

Keep up the good work with the tileset, Meph! Sorry in advance that I'll be adding in a bunch more changes to merge in, as you're not even done merging in the current version yet.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:42:35 pm by Taffer »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 11, 2018, 06:27:37 am »

can anyone deny or confirm that this can run on linux mint with wine?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #947 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:43 pm »

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still checking in daily, but don't have much time due to flying school. Still accepting requests though, so if you want anything else added than Taffers Revised, just let me know. :)

can anyone deny or confirm that this can run on linux mint with wine?
Yes. It can run on linux with wine. Players of MasterworkDF have done this to run the mod-launcher, and it's based on the same code as the tileset-launcher I included. If you just want the tileset (without the options), you can download this and install dfhack/twbt yourself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 11, 2018, 03:13:04 pm »

Hi Meph, when Vordak's dwarfs are selected in your launcher does it just add the dwarf sprites or does it also include his other sprites as well? If not can you add the option to use all of Vordak's sprite sheets?
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »

It only adds the sprites, since the are in raw/graphics. To get all the changes, the launcher would have to replace the files in data/art. I can in theory add that option, but that's up to Vordak. It's his work; he releases his version of the tileset. I don't know if he'd want everything included in this pack.

It's fairly simple to do it yourself, it's literally just drag&drop.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2018, 05:39:01 pm »

I'm not against including my graphic in your launcher, but need write in the launcher's description about version of included tiles.

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 12, 2018, 05:45:31 am »

I think there is another override mix-up for #squash.
Squash is set to tiles 193-208-193-244 but should be 192-208-224-224.
Did PrudentDwarves upload his changes? In case not:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 12, 2018, 12:20:46 pm »

It only adds the sprites, since the are in raw/graphics. To get all the changes, the launcher would have to replace the files in data/art. I can in theory add that option, but that's up to Vordak. It's his work; he releases his version of the tileset. I don't know if he'd want everything included in this pack.

It's fairly simple to do it yourself, it's literally just drag&drop.

That's what I thought, just thought it would be an option I/others would use if available. I like alternating games between your set and Vordak's.
Its all good I can keep doing it manually myself.  ;D
☼MASTERWORK☼

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 12, 2018, 02:23:17 pm »

...Yes. It can run on linux with wine. Players of MasterworkDF have done this to run the mod-launcher, and it's based on the same code as the tileset-launcher I included. If you just want the tileset (without the options), you can download this and install dfhack/twbt yourself.

What's it written in Meph?

Edit: Ah, VB. do you have the source up on github anywhere? I could have a looksee if it'll compile in monodevelop in linux.
I got this trying to run it in wine:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MasterworkDwarfFortress.MainForm' from assembly 'Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_MainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MasterworkDwarfFortress.MainForm' from assembly 'Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_MainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MasterworkDwarfFortress.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:37:33 pm by se5a »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 12, 2018, 03:36:10 pm »

i had your pack installed and configured just fine, then switched to linux. can i just copy the contents of your pack into the linux LNP so the gamechanges can run under linux, or will this break the game?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 13, 2018, 09:28:09 pm »

When im playing V2.4 starting as humans my nobles screen is completely blank, any way to fix it? tried 2 different world gens and its all the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #956 on: April 14, 2018, 11:04:22 am »

When im playing V2.4 starting as humans my nobles screen is completely blank, any way to fix it? tried 2 different world gens and its all the same.
That's because vanilla DF humans have no nobles like dwarves do. I can add them, but it's a change from vanilla DF.

i had your pack installed and configured just fine, then switched to linux. can i just copy the contents of your pack into the linux LNP so the gamechanges can run under linux, or will this break the game?
I dont run linux, so I cant say for absolute sure, but it should work. Just take the raws, and data/art, data/init files.

...Yes. It can run on linux with wine. Players of MasterworkDF have done this to run the mod-launcher, and it's based on the same code as the tileset-launcher I included. If you just want the tileset (without the options), you can download this and install dfhack/twbt yourself.

What's it written in Meph?

Edit: Ah, VB. do you have the source up on github anywhere? I could have a looksee if it'll compile in monodevelop in linux.
I got this trying to run it in wine:
I can upload the vb files if you like. :)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:19 am »

Would be nice if u add it, well i think its quite unplayable without nobles?

Ok so it seems like the thing is, if u choose human civ that doesnt have king alive, u get blank nobles screen at the start.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:48:41 am by HARD »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #958 on: April 14, 2018, 12:13:54 pm »

Ok, I'll add kobold, elf, goblin and human nobles, enabled as soon as you set them to playable.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 15, 2018, 12:36:48 pm »

If I cobble together Mephs' tileset and updated raws/graphics (+ init.text + overrides +DFHack.init + onLoad.init) with the latest DFHack and TWBT should there be any problems playing in DF 0.44.09? I already tried and had some oddities (not being able to use d->p to harvest wild plants) but I think that was because I accidentally changed the raws after mapgen/starting a game.

I seem to have set it up as a custom LNP install OK, but I suspect I am overlooking some critical files that might not be in the raw directory. I would really like all the extra fixes/changes (+ the optional Taffers revised edits) available with the v2.4 launcher.

Alternatively can I just ingore doing it manually and just install using the 44.07 Meph launcher then copy over the raw directory and the above mentioned files to a 44.09 install which is using the latest DFHack?

Edit: Well, to my surprise the cobbling together approach seems to have worked fine. Was quite tricky making sure all the changes from the v2.4 launcher were manually copied over correctly. I hope I haven't missed something. On the plus side I have now learned enough about raws to start manually adding bug fixes and improvements recommend on the forums.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:19:13 am by Llamageddon »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 187