Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870617 times)

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #975 on: April 18, 2018, 02:13:36 pm »

Hi, just discover your pack and it's very nice !! Better than LNP for me... I was thinking about modding this awesome game and I think this pack is a very good start.

I have questions :

I added a new civ from another mod, why I can't see this civ in the Civs tab in the launcher ? Is it not dynamic ? Is there a way to have my new civ displayed in the tab for have easy acces to customization ? (Tried to duplicate an existing civ like human but still not displayed in the tab).
Same for Invaders tab.

Do we have a way to add somes additions like you did ? For example if I want to add a mod and have the possibility to enable/disable, is there a way to have this mod in the Additions tab ?

Thanks !

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 18, 2018, 02:33:18 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13690

I have uploaded my file.. can somebody please help me figure out whats wrong with it and why its not working?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 18, 2018, 06:09:34 pm »

I cant even get the bare-bones version to work! The text is all gobbldy-guk! And the forums here are so slow i cant get any help in any meaningful amount of time!

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 18, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »

You probably need to edit the the init file. If I were you I'd just install Meph's v2,3 or 2.4. It should do all the work for you. What you probably are having trouble with with a manual install is the init file (data>init). Compare yours with the Meph install. You'll need to make sure the correct font is loading. Look at these lines:

Code: [Select]
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
[FONT:font.png]

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:font.png]

You can either change the 'font.png' to the name of the font you want or just rename that font to 'font.png'

Next thing to look at is these lines.

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Meph_32x32.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Meph_32x32.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

If you are using DFHack and Text Will Be Text plugin for it then you also need to change PRINT_MODE: to [PRINT_MODE:TWBT]

If you try the LNP installer it makes editing the init a bit more intuitive but might complicate things for you. However I still recommend using one of the pre-installed packs, make sure that is running fine then compare what you are doing with the files there.

Good luck

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:42 pm »

You probably need to edit the the init file. If I were you I'd just install Meph's v2,3 or 2.4. It should do all the work for you. What you probably are having trouble with with a manual install is the init file (data>init). Compare yours with the Meph install. You'll need to make sure the correct font is loading. Look at these lines:

[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
[FONT:font.png]

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:font.png]

You can either change the 'font.png' to the name of the font you want or just rename that font to 'font.png'

Next thing to look at is these lines.

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Meph_32x32.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Meph_32x32.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

If you are using DFHack and Text Will Be Text plugin for it then you also need to change PRINT_MODE: to [PRINT_MODE:TWBT]

If you try the LNP installer it makes editing the init a bit more intuitive but might complicate things for you. However I still recommend using one of the pre-installed packs, make sure that is running fine then compare what you are doing with the files there.

Good luck

I literally copy and pasted the init from Mephs... what else could be wrong...
Can somebody please look at the file i uploaded and tell me whats wrong?  IV been at this for days.

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 19, 2018, 01:03:53 am »

I have uploaded my file.. can somebody please help me figure out whats wrong with it and why its not working?

DFHack isn't working in the files you uploaded. If you run Dwarf Fortress.exe you'll notice that the DFHack window does not open. This is why Meph's overrides aren't working for you. I don't know why, precisely, but it doesn't matter; installing the latest releases of DFHack and TWBT fixes it.

This is how to get it working for your uploaded files:
  • Install the latest release of DFHack for your operating system by extracting the contents of the downloaded archive into your 'DF Plus' folder. Say yes to overwriting any files.
    https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases
  • Install the latest release of TWBT for your operating system by extracting mousequery.plug.dll and twbt.plug.dll into the /hack/plugins folder. Say yes to overwriting the two files.
    https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
This worked for me with your files, so it should work for you!  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:14:22 am by Dahrk »

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:04 am »

DFHack isn't working in the files you uploaded. If you run Dwarf Fortress.exe you'll notice that the DFHack window does not open. This is why Meph's overrides aren't working for you. I don't know why, precisely, but it doesn't matter; installing the latest releases of DFHack and TWBT fixes it.

This is how to get it working for your uploaded files:
  • Install the latest release of DFHack for your operating system by extracting the contents of the downloaded archive into your 'DF Plus' folder. Say yes to overwriting any files.
    https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases
  • Install the latest release of TWBT for your operating system by extracting mousequery.plug.dll and twbt.plug.dll into the /hack/plugins folder. Say yes to overwriting the two files.
    https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases
This worked for me with your files, so it should work for you!  :)

Will do boss! Thanks for simplifying it. I am good at tinkering with stuff but not so much with instructions haha, I tend to skim and than get overwhelmed.. I will do that now.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 19, 2018, 02:46:31 am »

Plugin mousequery was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.44.09-alpha1, DFHack: 0.44.09-r1
Plugin twbt was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.44.09-alpha1, DFHack: 0.44.09-r1

The dfhack.init configuration file is missing. To customize
your DFHack installation, rename the dfhack.init-example file
to dfhack.init and edit it to suit your needs.

For now, dfhack.init-example will be used instead.

Cannot enable plugin: mousequery
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.44.09-r1 (release) on x86_64
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

I did exactly as you told me and i got this error message...

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 19, 2018, 02:48:55 am »

Oh now its working!

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 19, 2018, 02:53:43 am »

Oh now its working!

I'm pleased to hear it!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #985 on: April 19, 2018, 12:24:31 pm »

KassaK: No, the launcher is pre-compiled and looks for very specific things I added manually in the raws. It's not dynamic and can't auto-detect foreign mods.

DizzyCrash: Opening 3 threads, posting here AND on Dffd in the comments... seems a bit overkill. Either way, good to see that you figured it out. Do you run 44.07 or 44.09?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 19, 2018, 03:12:02 pm »

KassaK: No, the launcher is pre-compiled and looks for very specific things I added manually in the raws. It's not dynamic and can't auto-detect foreign mods.

DizzyCrash: Opening 3 threads, posting here AND on Dffd in the comments... seems a bit overkill. Either way, good to see that you figured it out. Do you run 44.07 or 44.09?
To be fair it was over a span of 6 or more hours, so its not as if i made a bunch of posts at once! I was just getting impatient with the slow nature of the DF mod forums haha.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #987 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:25 pm »

That is a lot of posts in a short time.  ??? I check the forums once a day, so an answer to a specific tileset installation within 24h would be pretty good. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 19, 2018, 11:27:37 pm »

When im playing V2.4 starting as humans my nobles screen is completely blank, any way to fix it? tried 2 different world gens and its all the same.
That's because vanilla DF humans have no nobles like dwarves do. I can add them, but it's a change from vanilla DF.

i had your pack installed and configured just fine, then switched to linux. can i just copy the contents of your pack into the linux LNP so the gamechanges can run under linux, or will this break the game?
I dont run linux, so I cant say for absolute sure, but it should work. Just take the raws, and data/art, data/init files.

...Yes. It can run on linux with wine. Players of MasterworkDF have done this to run the mod-launcher, and it's based on the same code as the tileset-launcher I included. If you just want the tileset (without the options), you can download this and install dfhack/twbt yourself.

What's it written in Meph?

Edit: Ah, VB. do you have the source up on github anywhere? I could have a looksee if it'll compile in monodevelop in linux.
I got this trying to run it in wine:
I can upload the vb files if you like. :)
Do it, I can't promise I'll get around to it, but if I get the mood, who knows. ;-)
winforms *should* run in mono so there's a chance it'll just work in mono without too much tweaking. alternatively there are some promising cross platform .net UI libraries that are in development and are at a usable state. Eto.Forms, and AvaloniaUI are two that I'm tracking.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2018, 09:43:29 am »

Would chaning overrides and graphics break a save? I assume so but thought I would ask.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 187