Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866261 times)

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the explanation. I had seen the comments to the effect that the 64-bit change was causing DFHack a lot more work. I remember when Euro Truck Simulator 2 migrated to 64-bit it caused a real headache for the memory sniffers that put out the "cruise control" mod.

I got Meph's pack working with only two minor changes to the instructions on the Reddit post...

1. Rename df_linux/data/art/font.png to df_linux/data/art/Font.png as it is case sensitive. It is referenced in the init.txt with the upper-case F.

2. I actually created a LNP/graphics/Meph folder and put all the relevant data and raw files in there along with an edited manifest.json. That way I could just choose them from the LNP menu and everything was set up properly for me. The first time I just tried to place the files in the df_linux folders by hand the game locked up on me and I had to Reset the PC.

I have to say, Meph, you have done a sweet job there. The scale is just perfect on a 2560x1440p 27" monitor. Well done and thanks!
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile

Congratulations on the release, Meph! I saw this tileset posted on reddit and was instantly impressed. You did a great job creating a consistent-looking tileset that suits the tone of DF.

kicktothehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow Meph thank you for all your work on this. For me - this is the best Tileset to date.
Things start to "come live" in the game ..... outstanding work.

-B

BloodLines

• Bay Watcher
  • Lose an arm to some nasty goblins? www.ArmOk.com
    • View Profile
    • Lose an arm to some nasty goblins?

Hey Meph,

Think we could get just the files as well, I am attempting to create a pre-install for Linux

Edit: For a little more clarification, I really more just need the TWBT files, I should be able to manage the rest using the pre-install you posted, I just dont have much experience using TWBT so I am unfamiliar with the files.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:38:02 pm by BloodLines »

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm using this in the default 32x32 res, though I'm on a 1080 resolution. I prefer the slightly larger size of the sprites. Why is this (in theory) a bad thing to do?

My only "complaint" is that when zooming this tileset, it seems to blur more than others. I'm training myself to not zoom in or out, as I know this isn't a function of the tileset itself - it was just more apparent for whatever reason.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very Nice.  Will this be available in the next MWDF release Meph?   I want to try it, but I like the whole package deals, lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile

Might just be me, but I'm fairly certain it's raining mushrooms in my game right now.

js...

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fantastically beautiful tileset Meph. The only "problem" I have with it is that bins are just black squares. Wonderful job on it. I'm getting to the point that anything with your name attached is a guaranteed success and need to have.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh... BINS!

I use an override for them, but DF uses inverted colors on them. I can fix that easily. Thanks for the notice :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had noticed the bins too but being a new player I was not sure whether it was intended or not.

Could you either let us know when a new pack is up or if there is a simple edit that we can make then we can do it.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually Meph, I do have a question for you...

I had some children arrive with my first migrant wave and they have moved into my Meeting Hall in their little red suits but there appears to be some red leafy thing sharing the same tile as them. Every one of the children alternates with this red tile. Do you know what it is meant to be? I have raised the levels in the image to show two of them (there are actually five children in this room but I got the chairs at the instant I pressed PrintScreen). You can see one at the top left of the room..

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile

Actually Meph, I do have a question for you...

I had some children arrive with my first migrant wave and they have moved into my Meeting Hall in their little red suits but there appears to be some red leafy thing sharing the same tile as them. Every one of the children alternates with this red tile. Do you know what it is meant to be?
If it's only children, maybe they're playing make believe? Normally it's indicated by a magenta ["] symbol.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes they were all "Playing Make Believe" but I didn't know what that meant. Are they dressing up as something else then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh... another good report. A hardcoded tile I didnt knew about.

They are playing and flashing an alternate tile. I can replace the plant with a playing child, then use overrides for the plant. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may have another one for you although I have not managed to get a screenshot of it yet...

When a Turkey Hen lays an egg clutch in a nestbox the eggs appear as something like a Granite Boulder instead of "something more eggy". Is that the intended behaviour?

The reason I have not managed to get a picture of it is that the dwarf who delivered the nest box spotted the eggs before leaving the room and grabbed them for the kitchen. I will have another go later at getting a picture if needed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 187