Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866309 times)

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tiles for 3 or 4 way tracks are misleading regarding their in game behaviour. (E.g. A cart coming from west to a NSW track tile continues east (or stops when there is a wall) but does not turn.)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I'll be keeping a watch on this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The tiles for 3 or 4 way tracks are misleading regarding their in game behaviour. (E.g. A cart coming from west to a NSW track tile continues east (or stops when there is a wall) but does not turn.)
Can you show me a screenshot for that?

Very Nice.  Will this be available in the next MWDF release Meph?   I want to try it, but I like the whole package deals, lol.
Thank you. Yes, I'm putting it into Masterwork for sure.

I'm using this in the default 32x32 res, though I'm on a 1080 resolution. I prefer the slightly larger size of the sprites. Why is this (in theory) a bad thing to do?

My only "complaint" is that when zooming this tileset, it seems to blur more than others. I'm training myself to not zoom in or out, as I know this isn't a function of the tileset itself - it was just more apparent for whatever reason.
I actually thought it would be impossible to use on a 1080p resolution, but maybe TWBT allows for a lower minimum of tiles.

Hey Meph,

Think we could get just the files as well, I am attempting to create a pre-install for Linux

Edit: For a little more clarification, I really more just need the TWBT files, I should be able to manage the rest using the pre-install you posted, I just dont have much experience using TWBT so I am unfamiliar with the files.

Thanks!
Currently uploading both mac and linux edition.

Wow Meph thank you for all your work on this. For me - this is the best Tileset to date.
Things start to "come live" in the game ..... outstanding work.

-B
Thank you :)

Congratulations on the release, Meph! I saw this tileset posted on reddit and was instantly impressed. You did a great job creating a consistent-looking tileset that suits the tone of DF.
Thank you too! Btw, Gemset is installed in Masterwork too. ;) Just working on the creatures sprites for that, I need to standardize the creature files between all tilesets for that. :/ Mostly Phoebus is making issues.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mac version is up.
Linux version is up.
Barebones version is up. (only text and image files)

I have not made any changes yet, still waiting for more issues to pop up. So far:
 - Eggs in nestboxes look like boulders (their vanilla tile)
 - Children playing make-believe flash-tile is wrong. ("), which is a bush.
 - Something shady with 3/4 way track tiles. Maybe.
 - Bins are black, since DF inverts their color.
 - Elven archers (probably other non-dwarven archer/crossbowmen/blowgunners) are black tiles.
 - Some players think some tiles are too dark, rock floor/walls...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you show me a screenshot for that?

It is a minor thing. You won't see much in a screenshot, minecarts just behave that way. I.e. 4-way tracks are a crossing between a horizontal and vertical not a little circuit in the middle. And 3-way tracks are a horizontal or vertical straight line and a stump going off in another direction, but they will never make a minecart turn like 2-track turns do (NW, NE, SE, SW), i.e. composing them out of the turn sprites might be misleading for some players not yet experienced in minecarts.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile

- Some players think some tiles are too dark, rock floor/walls...

The trick for solving this is to normalize all of your colorized tiles so white is the brightest color, like this:

When creating overrides, the tile you see in the image file is what in-game white looks like. Everything else looks reaaal dark once it's colorized. It's why all the item overrides in GemSet are bright white. If the player wants darker colors exactly like you have now, they can swap out the color scheme and customize the colors to their liking. It's easy to go from bright tiles to dark with color schemes, but impossible to do the opposite.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:12:31 pm by DragonDePlatino »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mist kind of looks like stone.
Spoiler: Waterfall/Water depth (click to show/hide)

Can TwbT overrides be used for partially-dug stone? These overrides look kind of promising:
  • StoneWallWorn1
  • StoneWallWorn2
  • StoneWallWorn3
I'm not seeing any overrides that looks like they could be overrides for mist, misasma, steam, smoke or fog.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile

I don't think there are overrides for the various gases. If I recall correctly, all of the gases use their ASCII tiles. If you want separate graphics for stone and gases, you need to move the stone graphic to its own file and keep it out of the map tileset.

I'm almost positive there are the overrides for the various mining levels of stone. From what I see in GemSet the order goes
StoneWallWorn3, StoneWallWorn2 then StoneWallWorn1. They are 25%, 50% and 75% broken walls respectively.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone else been having issues with this set?  A good amount of items are blacked out or incorrectly displayed in Fortress Mode, and much of the Adventure Mode functionality is stripped bare or removed.  (Sneaking indicator!)

I love the sprite work in this set, but these issues make it frustrating to use in Fortress Mode, and impossible to use in Adventure Mode.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph will need specifics. Apart from Crates which he knows about, what in particular are you having issues with?
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Deleted-

Nevermind!  Check out the MW thread for the issues.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:36:14 pm by ANickel »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Has anyone else been having issues with this set?  A good amount of items are blacked out or incorrectly displayed in Fortress Mode, and much of the Adventure Mode functionality is stripped bare or removed.  (Sneaking indicator!)

I love the sprite work in this set, but these issues make it frustrating to use in Fortress Mode, and impossible to use in Adventure Mode.
Screenshots and letting me know exactly what tiles is portrait as what is the only thing that helps me fix this. Previous to your post, I did not even know that a think like a sneaking indicator does exist.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I may have found some issue with TWBT integration.  Every 3-10th launch of the game will give these errors in DFhack.  This may be the cause of the tree/pillar issues as well as the ones with gem-roots.

TWBT: Version 5.65
TWBT: no tileset with id 6 (I have seen other numbers here as well)
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:254:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:CAMPFIRE:6:82

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

AARGH! I figured out why your reports dont seem to fit anything I can find.

Please do not post MasterworkDF feedback here.

I got really, really confused, spending a lot of time looking for the errors you mention. Couldnt find anything. Because they dont exist in this set. This is the thread for the vanilla DF tileset. Its not the same as the one in the mod, because the mod has different raws. Please keep them separate. This is for the mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161180.0

I've seen you screenshots, but you need to let me know which tile is what. For example you have black icons in the stockpiles. I'd need to know which items are shown as black.

And the trees... did you generate a new world after you changed tilesets? Because the pillars are "O"s, which means that the init is a different one that is intended to be used with the tileset.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:40:30 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Update 1.1 is in the works... so far done:

- Fixed elven archers, crossbowmen and blowgunners.
 - Fixed human archers, crossbowmen and blowgunners.
 - Fixed goblin archers, crossbowmen and blowgunners.
 - Fixed kobold archers, crossbowmen and blowgunners.

- Fixed bins.
 - Fixed trap stops.
 - Fixed eggs in nestboxes. (well... while testing I noticed that boulders now look like eggs. Guess it can be only one: Either eggs look like boulders in the nestbox, or boulders look like eggs while being carried around.)
 - Fixed "children playing make-believe", added animation.

- Made stockpiles brighter.
 - Made water/magma brighter.
 - Made rocks/inorganics brighter.

- Fixed digging designation numbers. (appeared as solid black tiles)
 - Fixed furniture designations. (appeared as solid black tiles)

- Added 25 new tiles for vermin. Maybe halfway done with vermins by now. 25 more to go.

- Working on animated vermins. Utkonos did some great work on that for the Dungeon Set, I want to expand on that, as well as make proper 32x sprites for it.

I hope to be able to make a release soonish.

Edit: 6 new tiles for smoke and mined rocks: (large gifs)
Spoiler: Breaking rocks down (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:33:13 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 187