Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866218 times)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where are you getting the bare bones versions?

actually I can probably maybe figure out how to extract just the graphics and tile-set from the download linked on the OP
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:56:45 am by se5a »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bare-bones version is in the original post.  It's the fourth link, a bit smaller than the rest

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

unfortunately the latest twbt has not Linux version yet...

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question, what do those new raw files change in the game? Because I usually play with other mods and I don't want to overwrite them.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like it makes changes to creatures, inorganic materials, tools, and plants.

If your mod edits the vanilla creature_, inorganic_, or plant_ files, or item_tools, it will conflict.
If it just adds new files it should be fine.
The changes to the raws should be small, so utilities that merge text files should be able to combine the modes without much difficulty.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hikop updated TWBT for linux, it apears to be working for me. you can get the binary from a link in issue 52 here while we wait for the official repository to accept the pull request. 
many kudos to hikop.

Also note that the bare bones tile-set has a minor error that will affect linux users: the font file is "font.png" (lowercase f) whereas the init file asks for "Font.png" (uppercase F)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:34:21 am by se5a »

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for this great tileset, meph!

In v1.4, wooden cages show up as black tiles, while metal cages look like they should.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello. I've been experiencing issues that seem to be related to the interaction of this tileset and TWBT. An overview of my situation and biggest issue is detailed here.

Other issues I've been having, which I've also verified not to happen if I use TWBT print mode and a different tileset, or 2D print mode with this tileset, but which happen reliably if I copmbine both:
  • Saving the game once using the game's save feature, then trying to load a game again after being returned to the menu, results in a crash with a weird error message about updating my PGU.
  • Trying to switch the game to full screen when running instantly crashes

According to my findings, it seems I could just use another tileset and be done with it, but this one is just so gorgeous, I don't want to give up without a fight.

The version of the tileset that is bundled with my version of PyLNP seems to be v1.1, according to the manifest file.

Is there anything known about similar issues? Would it be safe to try and update to the latest version of the tileset while still playing DF 0.43.03? The answer to that is right there in post 1. Oops.
Any input is appreciated.

Update: Got the barebones 1.3 and plopped it down next to the other tilesets and switched to it with the launcher. Loading seems to work again. So whatever it was, seems like it's already fixed.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:55:53 pm by Nobak »

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile

Very late to the party, but Meph, I just want to say this is gorgeous. THANK YOU for using my abandoned tiles and adapting them to a complete set. It's exactly like what I would have wanted them to be. ^^

My only complaint at the moment is your base grass tile. The leaves are too long and coily and makes the exteriors noisy. More like overgrown vines rather than grasslands. Though they'd do well as wormy tendrils or even pigtails. Switching tree leaves and grass might also work. Other than that, I love everything in this. <3

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile

This looks phenomenal. As always Meph, your work astounds.

My poor attempts at flattery aside, I have a few questions:

Firstly, in the OP it says I need a display with 2500-ish width (can't recall the exact number) to not force it to downscale.

Is this true of the 16x16 as well as the 32x32 version? (forgive my technical illiteracy)

Also, for the 32x32, as this is quite a high resolution for a texture pack, should I expect a performance hit? (I'll be quite surprised if I shouldn't, frankly)

Again, this is fantastic work!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Compared to everything else in DF, having a bigger texture pack has negligible impact on performance.

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile

Compared to everything else in DF, having a bigger texture pack has negligible impact on performance.

Which is nice, I personally have bad eyes and the 8x8 is too small I need 16x16 or bigger or it's a bit tricky to make out in DF now...darned eyes. Rather funny how that works knowing how other games are.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decided to make dwarves look more like dwarves.

Spoiler: more faces-V0.1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: faces-V0.2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: faces-V0.3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: some professions-v0.2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: helmets-v0.2 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:36:55 pm by Vordak »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great work, Vordak! I'd can't wait a moment to play with it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I really love these.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 187